BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nothing to do with the rain, the fact that the lightning has been non stop for 20 minutes has something to do with it

ITV pundits claiming it had never rained like that before though when I clearly remember the Turkey Switzerland game in basel being deluged - they played on but tv coverage was a problem

WHAT A GOAL! WALCOTT!! MY GOSH.

Like Joe Hart's kit by the way, sharp looking, this is some match...

Yeah, great match. Poor defenses/inability to maintain possession making it an exciting free-for-all. Olsson has probably helped his chances of a big move with his attacking play.

Come on England...

Scott Parker was poor tonight. Cant stand players that run out of a defensive wall then turn their back in fear.

I honestly think Phil jones could do better than Parker. Parker looks totally unfit to me. Milner & Ashley Young were awful, as was Wellbeck too bar his goal (which I suppose is what he's in the team for).

Rooney n Carroll upfront next game for me.

Great goal by England, and laid on by captain fantastic - again

Peach of a cross and a magnificent header (Odd that Dalglish never set Livvie up to play to Carrolls one true strength dont you think?)..... if only Gerrard had a tackle in him and some defensive instinct to add to his flashes of brilliance he could have been a gud un.

Scott Parker was poor tonight. Cant stand players that run out of a defensive wall then turn their back in fear.

I agree.... unfortunately he's just following the example set by his captain.

I'm sure the only reason Milner is in the team is to help out Johnson defensively.

Parker, like Modric, is knackered after playing too many games for Spurs. Bale would have been the same.

Pressing/closing down from you was almost Rovers standard. Your 1st and 3rd goals were nice though. Terrible defending for their second.

If I was an England fan I'd be praying for a quarter final against Croatia and not Italy or Spain.

Overall an exciting example of North European football. Unfortunately Milner, Young, Cole and Wellbeck were found seriously wanting. When the going got tough they hid.

Can anybody tell me why when we are in front we play on our heels instead of on our toes? It's a bloody odd feature of our game that has gone on almost as long as I can remember.

btw re: Wellbeck.. granted that very few could have scored that 3rd goal.

I'm sure the only reason Milner is in the team is to help out Johnson defensively.

Parker, like Modric, is knackered after playing too many games for Spurs. Bale would have been the same.

Pressing/closing down from you was almost Rovers standard. Your 1st and 3rd goals were nice though. Terrible defending for their second.

If I was an England fan I'd be praying for a quarter final against Croatia and not Italy or Spain.

Either of Italy or Croatia would beat us comfortably, Spain would give us a banging. Don't forget we've still got to play the Ukraine and not lose.

Wellbeck is really poor in my opinion, his first touch is shocking.

Was screaming at the telly to sub him and then he pops up with the winning goal ....footy dont you just love it.

Why do the Swedes pick Ibrahimovic to be their captain, surely Mellborg would a more sensible choice

Archived