BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

I thought we debunked the myth at the last WC that Gerrard is a second striker?

I feel he's far more effective playing in a deep-lying role, exploiting his range of passing and presenting a goal threat from distance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on, according to FIFA, England are the sixth best side in the world and miles better than the French. ;)

Yes, not really sure how France is around 12th but England spent time around 12th place not that long ago either.

France is another one of those teams that has had problems too, almost all have had problems at one time or another and in Europe, it only seems Germany is consistently good.

Germany was in the Euro Cup final last time, a World Cup semifinalist in 2010 and 2006 and were Finalists in 2002. 2004 under Rudi Voeller I think they failed to advance out of the group which was rare for them.

I thought we debunked the myth at the last WC that Gerrard is a second striker?

I feel he's far more effective playing in a deep-lying role, exploiting his range of passing and presenting a goal threat from distance.

Totally agree - I personally thought that Gerrard had one of his better England matches last night. Too often he usually attempts the "hollywood" pass - but last night he kept the ball far better than he usually does - and held his position far better.

It is amazing that people before the tournament said we had no chance - and then criticise us for being too defensive. Any decent manager (Kean take note) sorts out his defence first and then builds on that - IMO Hodgson has done that and every performance has been a gradual improvement on the previous. Everybody seems to forget we have a new manager - who has only had a matter of weeks and three matches to get the team to play to his way.

• Backroom

I thought Gerrard was at fault for the goal, first he was easily out jumped and then he turned his back on the shot, if he's braver that strikes him there

I thought Gerrard was at fault for the goal, first he was easily out jumped and then he turned his back on the shot, if he's braver that strikes him there

I agree I was disappointed to see Gerrard with his back to the shot - but he isn't alone in doing that. The fault for their goal lay with the whole midfield who had dropped back far too deep.

Why do modern players feel the need to fall to the ground as soon as they feel a hand brush them?

I'm sure it's coached into them, it's bobbins and it's ruining the game.

Refs need to start awarding free kicks where a player has been fowled but tried to stay on his feet.

Anyone see the two tier flag tonight?

"This is Russia"

Ever so slightly provocative...

The history between Poland and Russia is as bad as you get it, and showing that "this is russia" flag was perhaps not the friendliest of gestures.

Is it just me that thinks Milner is Bert Mk I??

He's not that good!!

Always looks clumsy to me, loses the ball a lot and rarely puts in a good cross, guess he gets picked because he's a "worker" and a "trier".

The history between Poland and Russia is as bad as you get it, and showing that "this is russia" flag was perhaps not the friendliest of gestures.

Don't be so melodramatic, everyone knows shouting "Kean Out" is as bad as you can get! :rolleyes:

Just got back from the fanzone in warsaw, absolutly crrazy! 100,000 people mostly supporting Poland geed up before the game by someone who I think is the Polish Chris Moyles. All pretty friendly really although they dont like Russia at all!!

Just got back from the fanzone in warsaw, absolutly crrazy! 100,000 people mostly supporting Poland geed up before the game by someone who I think is the Polish Chris Moyles. All pretty friendly really although they dont like Russia at all!!

Not what the news is reporting over here. Rubber bullets apparently.

I'm sure mini-skirmishes are being blown out of proportion but stay safe out there!

Not what the news is reporting over here. Rubber bullets apparently.

I'm sure mini-skirmishes are being blown out of proportion but stay safe out there!

Well we've mostly been in fanzones to watch the games and theyre pretty tight on security. Theyrr not letting anyone in with anything bigger than a handbag, all ruckaaks n stuff get left outside. We saw a few nutters get turned away but tbf two of them had 'ultras' tattooed on their heads so not right discreet but other than that not seen anything happen.

I dont doubt stuff is happening somewhere but ive seen nowt so thats fine for me. Everyone we've met have been friendly and happy that all these people have come to see Poland rather than go to Ukraine!

Well we've mostly been in fanzones to watch the games and theyre pretty tight on security. Theyrr not letting anyone in with anything bigger than a handbag, all ruckaaks n stuff get left outside. We saw a few nutters get turned away but tbf two of them had 'ultras' tattooed on their heads so not right discreet but other than that not seen anything happen.

I dont doubt stuff is happening somewhere but ive seen nowt so thats fine for me. Everyone we've met have been friendly and happy that all these people have come to see Poland rather than go to Ukraine!

Glad you are enjoying yourself Clare. Have you got the BRFCS flag with you?

Archived