SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxzbx2D22M

So it took 30 russian fans to beat up a couple of stewards (for no reason) and then they leg it like cowards. Russia 2018, very well done Blatter. Surely that should be automatic disqualification from the tournament? If footy authorities took a zero tolerance approach to violence, surely the game would be healthier? Or maybe not a single game would get played :/

Pretty tame for Russians tbf. If they'd lost they probably would have gone around stabbing people.

Sunday: Spain/Italy, that jumped out at me right off. Old rivals. classic match up. I would give Italy a fair chance, they just seem to play Spain well. I'd say a draw. Then, later Croatia Ireland, I cheer for Ireland but I think Croatia is going to turn in another fairly good tournament performance and I think they will win unfortunately, pleasantly surprised if the Croats lose.

Keep your hair on. It's just an opinion. :unsure:

Enjoyed the matches so far, particularly Denmark's ability to keep the Netherlands at bay. Don't care what anybody says... organisation and taking your chances when you get them can be as artful as "total football".

Funnily enough Roy's got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Nobody is expecting anything but that could work in Roy and England's favour. I think that's our best chance of getting to the latter stages of the tournament. Hoping that Ashley Young can inject some much needed freshness into the side.

I think you'll find we've learnt our lessons. Particularly when it comes to playing Sweden. ^_^

Even if the rankings don't mean a lot to people, Denmark are up there in 9th FIFA rankings because they deserve it. England too, they are about 6th, England has played qualifying matches rather well in the past few years. So on that, yes, I definitely think England are better than the Czechs who lost a friendly to Hungary coming in. This said, Bosnia, Hungary are probably pretty fair teams that missed this tournament. But the Czechs in my view have definitely been in a lull in recent years and then, they had that scandal. But they got to the Euro and no matter how, that is an accomplishment. Czechs will likely have a chance vs. Poland, this is close to being a home game for them and maybe against Greece too.

3 Lions have disappointed but I think they will get a draw or better against France.

Looking forward to Sweden - England game! England think they are best always but will they win against Sweden... not so sure.

I see Sweden and England as being close to equal and they are in historic matches. England may have won the last game between the two, a friendly but before that, they drew at the 2006 World Cup and before that, I think England had not defeated Sweden since about 1968. I see both as being on the same tier. Sweden has had some good teams. From memory, didn't play Brazil that badly in 1994. And Sweden can't seem to beat the Germans ever either.

On the other hand, there have been times England has played Netherlands well. In fact, Sweden defeated Netherlands in the qualifiers in a match Sweden had to win to advance while it wasn't that important to Netherlands. So I see England and Sweden as being pretty close. Sweden possibly missing more tournaments but still to be respected. Heck, Belgium has actually put out a lot of good teams for a country that size as well, just not recently. And your Danes? They miss a number of tournaments but were certainly victorious yesterday.

------

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/June/10/uefa-investigate-russia-over-racism/

Yeah, obviously, I can't say myself but I thought that one Czech player Selassie may have looked uncomfortable on the pitch. Hard to say, the Czechs did come back some in that game and then Russia got two goals. But the Russian Fans are being investigated.

ok..a silly question...why do bbc and itv send pundits to poland/ukraine but dont send them to games? why not have them in a uk studio?

No idea.

But the BBC are still in Salford till the quater finals... apart from Shearer and that tall bugger from F1 who stand on the touchline and repeat what Lineker et al have just said. :wacko:

Really good game.

Buffon is still a beast and I was impressed with De Rossi as a makeshift sweeper. Balotelli made a real pigs ear of that chance.

Pigs ear??? He looked that dozy that if I was working for UEFA I'd order a drug test for him.

And Andrews on the field.

Any other Rovers (current or former) playing in the Euros?

Ireland has the McGeady that plays for Spartak Moscow... I had to look that up in case..http://www.soccerway.com/players/aiden-mcgeady/808/

Croatia back up, no bragging here, I did manage to predict Italy Spain draw at 1-1, when those teams play, it's a good chance that is how it will end up, be it Spain or Italy are the champs.

Archived