BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

A very nervy performance.

Still on course to win the tournement now though. I reckon this draw will do for St George's flag sales what that one scorching Saturday in late July for BBQs. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

A good point, think both teams settled for a point towards the end of the match which definitely worked in our favour. Fancy us to go through.

Ref should be investigated for that performance, absolutely shocking.

• Backroom

Uninspiring but steady enough

Wellbeck and the Ox the highlights

Worst game of the tournament so far for me though dull as dull can be

Also think the refs performance is being blown out of proportion in this one he was bad but once you think the ref is against you any decision is put in the spotlight

Thought England played well, kept their discipline, stayed patient, didnt launch too many meaningless long balls like the Irish did the other evening.

Oxlade Chamberlain looked fresh full of energy and the subs that came on took the team on, which must bode well for the other matches. Oh and Steve Gerard and Parker played really well in the middle.

Come on England !

Also think the refs performance is being blown out of proportion in this one he was bad but once you think the ref is against you any decision is put in the spotlight

C'mon Tom. The yellow cards were not handed out evely by any stretch. And what about Cabaye's persistent fouling, the ref gave him a free pass all match.

• Backroom

No, I'm not even especially pro-England and I thought the ref was horrendous. Some seriously bad decisions.

Also Germany Vs Portugal was worse than that.

Ref should be investigated for that performance, absolutely shocking.

The ref did seem a bit one sided, but I don't think he turned the match.

And Johnson was excellent. Hart, Parker and Gerard also did well. Terry and Milner were also solid.

I think England could win this group.

The ref did seem a bit one sided, but I don't think he turned the match.

And Johnson was excellent. Hart, Parker and Gerard also did well. Terry and Milner were also solid.

I think England could win this group.

I think the whole back four where too narrow, the three cental midfielders where dropping too deep, at times we were playing with a narrow back seven. But you have to say the effort was good. I think that our forwards will eventually pay off for us.

Cabaye should have been booked, so should Henderson as Roy said it wasn't all one way

Cabaye was at it all game, Henderson had, what, 10 minutes. Fair enough, I'm English so naturally biased but no way were England 2-0 up on yellow cards based on the challenges from both sides during the game.

Not often I agree with Andy Townsend but if the French could have found a way to go over in the box, they'd have got a penalty. It made it very difficult towards the end.

Of course Hodgson is going to pull a Kean about the ref.

What amazes me most in this game is that England dive and enhance loads of situations more than France. :unsure:

Agreed. And like Gerrard said after the game the ref gave decisions in England's favour that he shouldn't have. It's not like England to go straight for the excuses though is it. Good defensive performance nonetheless......Joe "Best keeper in the world haha" Hart should have probably done better for the goal and Parker looked knackered like I imagine most Spurs players will.

Defoe looked really sharp and should play up top with Rooney for the Ukraine game imo.

Looking forward to watching Olsson play for Sweden tonight, as well as hoping Ukraine's right winger isn't too good.

No, I'm not even especially pro-England and I thought the ref was horrendous. Some seriously bad decisions.

Also Germany Vs Portugal was worse than that.

I guess you didn't see Poland-Greece did you?

The ref did ok in the english match.

• Backroom

The spanish ref in that match has been the worst one so far.

Agreed. When I was talking about 'worst' I was referring to Tom's comment that France Vs England was the dullest match of the tournament so far. IMO Portugal Vs Germany was much worse.

Archived