BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Bloch Sacked

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all these NDA CLAUSES former employees have to sign,anybody would think Venkys and other people in charge had something to hide !.

Surely not.

There are certain occupations where NDA cannot be applied, for example, Company Secretary, Chartered Accountants etc. this is because they are personally legally liable if there are irregularities etc, even Venkys and their entourage would be breaking the law if they tried that one!!

Bearing in mind FA rules, I wonder if this also applies to Football Secretary?

Chaddy, take a hard look at that but in bold. Turn off your computer, go for a long walk, come back and read it again.

It will be decades before we can hope to get back up to the top flight. The damage Venkys and Kean have done to this club is irreparable.

The kind of money it would take to rebuild from this point just isn't around. We are not an investment for anyone business-minded, there simply aren't the returns. The only investment is an emotional one and there aren't any local-boy-done-good billionaires out there either.

What happened with Jack was a freak, a one-off, literally once in a lifetime stuff. His legacy and the infrastructure he helped to create kept us afloat but the imbeciles who were allowed to takeover have taken us back 30 years, possibly more.

The club's supporters have been driven away so we've even lost any potential 12th man we might have had.

We are now into the realms, once Venkys and Kean have departed (possibly already), of trying to keep the club solvent on a yearly basis. Don't be under any illusions that we simply need a change of manager/owners and everything will be 2001 again. It won't, and it will get worse before it gets better.

Spot on. No doubt I sound like Corporal Jones but imo this is what many supporters born after 1980 fail and indeed failed to realise. A place in the Prem became taken as a right with no realisation of what relegation will entail.

I'm speaking from experience here, I was 11 and only knew BRFC as a club in the top division when we were relegated in 65/66 and thought we'd find it easy in the second division as get back up at the first attempt. :rolleyes: Best description I can offer is that it's like being in quicksand... the more you struggle the faster you sink. Only a supporter with fantastic wealth changed all that. The small town's dwindling band of die hard supporters certainly couldn't.

Unless another Jack Walker materialises (or one nowadays who is even richer) there is only one solution and it's one that no one prefers, few seem to accept but none can offer any alternative.

Spot on. No doubt I sound like Corporal Jones but imo this is what many supporters born after 1980 fail and indeed failed to realise. A place in the Prem became taken as a right with no realisation of what relegation will entail.

I'm speaking from experience here, I was 11 and only knew BRFC as a club in the top division when we were relegated in 65/66 and thought we'd find it easy in the second division as get back up at the first attempt. :rolleyes: Best description I can offer is that it's like being in quicksand... the more you struggle the faster you sink. Only a supporter with fantastic wealth changed all that. The small town's dwindling band of die hard supporters certainly couldn't.

Unless another Jack Walker materialises (or one nowadays who is even richer) there is only one solution and it's one that no one prefers, few seem to accept but none can offer any alternative.

Things have moved on a bit since then, a decent owner would at least give us the chance of promotion, we do have a major Jack legacy in the academy, parachute payments and players who people will pay money for. Under half decent ownership, a proper infastructure and a decent manager and it will not be as tough as people think... the problem is we have to rid ourselves of Kean and Venkys quickly.

That being said we do really only have one maybe two at most shots at doing this, because with the new TV money, reducing parachute payments for us, increasing payments for the next set of relegated teams etc etc.. we are stuffed in future seasons because the gap will widen very quickly and more and more will see investment in the championship as a route to riches.

Not the way I've found it, many of the lads I know in their 30s and under were desperate to stay in the PL by hook or by crook. The only place to be. They knew that for a club of our size, one bad season ends it all for a generation.

But I've lost count of those of an older dotage banging on about 'proper footy down the divisions' and how they can take or leave the PL.

Pretty sure (99.9%) that you have to have a nominated club sec according to FA rules (and no you do not need a company sec as per companies act '06 and the rule came into play '09 provided they are not mentioned in the articles of association) the stuff they deal with is immense by any standards and they are basically the guys who deal with all the regulations and much more (board minutes, player registrations, squad registration, official player approaches, player misconduct, submiting financials to the FA, club misconduct, team sheets, yearly league registration, player transfer requests, yearly FA registration, fit and proper persons forms, player contract registrations, registering use of agents etc etc etc.. )

Interestingly the timing of this dismisal is almost exactly one year after his appointment, which happens to be the time when clubs and especially the club sec are involved in lots of registrations, meetings and form filing with various football regulatory bodies (many docs due 1st July with the rest just prior to the season start). You certainly have to have someone nominated for the 1st of July as they are the official point of contact for approaching players during the transfer window.

Overall though this chap is one guy who actually will have enough inside knowledge and evidence to potentially do damage and definatly not the sort of person you tell in advance they are being dismissed and beyond a doubt someone you do not dismiss lightly.

Not sure if a club sec is covered by the same legal obligations as a company sec in regards to signing NDAs, not a field I have ever looked at. There is however one important aspect to them, they do not cover publically available information and as such once a peice of information hits the public domain the persons in question are free to back up this information as they see fit and even under NDA they can point to any document that is available to the public no matter how hidden, incriminating or damning it might be.

Interestingly the timing of this dismisal is almost exactly one year after his appointment, which happens to be the time when clubs and especially the club sec are involved in lots of registrations, meetings and form filing with various football regulatory bodies (many docs due 1st July with the rest just prior to the season start). You certainly have to have someone nominated for the 1st of July as they are the official point of contact for approaching players during the transfer window.

Almost a year in employment means that you cannot take them for unfair dismissal...I don't think the filling in forms bit would have come into the venkys thinking...just the money. <_<

Almost a year in employment means that you cannot take them for unfair dismissal...I don't think the filling in forms bit would have come into the venkys thinking...just the money. <_<

Venkys, think? come on, when have they ever done that regarding Rovers?

AS for unfair dismissal, I think you could be wrong there, you cant after 3 months, maybe six but a year they could take Venkys to a tribunal, they couldnt claim redundancy but unfair dismissal I am sure they could unless it was for gross misconduct!

Are these NDA's for life or is there a time when it runs out?

In theory they are for life. You can talk but you leave yourself open to legal action. After a long enough period the effort to sue usually is offset by the info' being old.

I speak from personal experience. NDAs are pretty common

As they would want him to sign a NDA I would say sacked.

He will likely be going under an 'Agreement of Compromise'

In theory they are for life. You can talk but you leave yourself open to legal action. After a long enough period the effort to sue usually is offset by the info' being old.

I speak from personal experience. NDAs are pretty common

He will likely be going under an 'Agreement of Compromise'

Surely for a post like that the pay off can't be anything to write home about?

Worries me, as if there was any dynamite dirt, surely certain individuals could have turned down the NDA (and the money) and sue for unfair dismissal or similar?

Things have moved on a bit since then, a decent owner would at least give us the chance of promotion, we do have a major Jack legacy in the academy, parachute payments and players who people will pay money for. Under half decent ownership, a proper infastructure and a decent manager and it will not be as tough as people think... the problem is we have to rid ourselves of Kean and Venkys quickly.

That being said we do really only have one maybe two at most shots at doing this, because with the new TV money, reducing parachute payments for us, increasing payments for the next set of relegated teams etc etc.. we are stuffed in future seasons because the gap will widen very quickly and more and more will see investment in the championship as a route to riches.

Absolutely right - but the club are paralysed if the owners pocket the parachute payments themseelves! So far there hasn't been any indication of investing in the team over the summer, and the clock is ticking. The best solution would be if the club is suspended,and the PL withhold the parachute payments until new owners are brought in - otherwise we know where will the parachute payments will go.

Absolutely right - but the club are paralysed if the owners pocket the parachute payments themseelves! So far there hasn't been any indication of investing in the team over the summer, and the clock is ticking. The best solution would be if the club is suspended,and the PL withhold the parachute payments until new owners are brought in - otherwise we know where will the parachute payments will go.

This what I find deeply disturbing about the club now doing its banking in India.

This what I find deeply disturbing about the club now doing its banking in India.

I doubt any UK bank was prepared to risk banking with them, without offering ludicrous rates.

Bank of India do have a small number of UK branches, including London and Manchester. It's my guess, our banking is with the main branch in London.

If they choose to bank the parachute payments there is very little we can do about it, no matter which country they choose to bank in, however the costs of running a UK business from an Indian bank are likely to be astronomical, never mind borderline illegal.

I doubt any UK bank was prepared to risk banking with them, without offering ludicrous rates.

Bank of India do have a small number of UK branches, including London and Manchester. It's my guess, our banking is with the main branch in London.

If they choose to bank the parachute payments there is very little we can do about it, no matter which country they choose to bank in, however the costs of running a UK business from an Indian bank are likely to be astronomical, never mind borderline illegal.

I think you may be right there!!

Just to clarify employment law:

If someone was employed before 6th April 2012 then if they are dismissed after completing 1 year's worth of employement then they have the right to put a claim to an Employment Tribunal (ET) for unfair dismissal. The current government has recently extended this to 2 years as from 6th April 2012.

This time limit does not apply to discrimination claims nor payment of wages claims. These are valid from day one of employment.

Either way, the employee then has a 3 month "window" in which to put in a claim to an ET. This "window" is extended to 6 months in the case of redundancy & equal pay claims.

Employers may offer employees a "compromise agreement" after dismissal. To put it crudely: "Here's £5k; f**k off and you forego your right to take us to an ET."

It would be quite fun to see Mrs Roa up in an ET justifying a dismissal.

I'm expecting further news coming out of the club today/tomorrow, perfect timing with England playing.

Totally agree, OJ, someone seems to have grasped the notion of getting stories buried on otherwise busy sports news days. And am I right in thinking Mr Communications himself has returned from the Love Boat?

... has returned from the Love Boat?

I'd hardly call a "cruise" / barge holiday on the Norfolk Broads a "Love Boat".

Chances are he probably had a cow thrown on his head or something.

p009w40c_640_360.jpg

Aggers: Pre Cow Incident.

Just to clarify employment law:

If someone was employed before 6th April 2012 then if they are dismissed after completing 1 year's worth of employement then they have the right to put a claim to an Employment Tribunal (ET) for unfair dismissal. The current government has recently extended this to 2 years as from 6th April 2012.

This time limit does not apply to discrimination claims nor payment of wages claims. These are valid from day one of employment.

Either way, the employee then has a 3 month "window" in which to put in a claim to an ET. This "window" is extended to 6 months in the case of redundancy & equal pay claims.

Employers may offer employees a "compromise agreement" after dismissal. To put it crudely: "Here's £5k; f**k off and you forego your right to take us to an ET."

It would be quite fun to see Mrs Roa up in an ET justifying a dismissal.

Unfair dismissal? As long as his position is not filled then wouldn't the massive and possibly catastrophic drop in income that a club leaving the Prem will suffer not weigh against an unfair dismissal claim? Even if legally it doesn't realistically it must. Not many businesses see their income reduced by 75% who do not have to take exceptional measures designed to protect the business itself and by implication the other employees.

Unfair dismissal? As long as his position is not filled then wouldn't the massive and possibly catastrophic drop in income that a club leaving the Prem will suffer not weigh against an unfair dismissal claim? Even if legally it doesn't realistically it must. Not many businesses see their income reduced by 75% who do not have to take exceptional measures designed to protect the business itself and by implication the other employees.

But I dont think they can operate without a Secretary, they have to have one!!

Pretty sure I remember CreditSafe lists Vineeth as the company secretary - I assume he will now just be assigned this role as well though if this is not allowed I'm sure they will be able to find a puppet to appoint.

At the end of the day if we don't get sold soon (this summer) we're ######!

Archived