BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anthony Bloch Sacked

How much of the money get spend is down who the managers wants to sign players.

How much of the money he gets to spend is down to what other bills we have and how much other income there is (which won't be much).

We will not be able to pay competitive wages, so we won't be attracting high calibre players.

Our most overt buying option has £2m in pledges and will be relying on player sales and parachute payments for players. It's not going to stretch far.

I know you're a positive kind of guy chaddy but I just don't share your optimism.

The likes of Blackpool had a miracle to get to the PL. They kept largely the same wage structure, got the plaudits for playing tippy-tappy football, knew their place and ultimately got relegated. But fair play to them, the money gained has helped them improve their stadium and bring in the likes of Kevin Phillips and gave them a decent platform last season.

Rovers on the other hand had a high wage bill which has meant, and continues to mean, losing players with any resale value. Those players on 50% wage cuts will be off without a doubt, so we will be left with youngsters and past-it players no-one else wants.

Recovery will not happen immediately once Venkys ate gone it will take at least two years to get on a stable footing and be able to settle into whatever division we end up in.

A rude awakening indeed.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what all Rovers fans want. We need new owners who will run the club in the best possible way.

The best possible way. Obviously we'd all love to go back to the premier league, but even with new owners, new management etc, unless those owners were multi billionaires and were prepared to put a lot of cash in for little return, it will take a long while to get back the trust of those who might do a good job for us. We are such a joke club at the moment that it will take some persuading, I would imagine, to get anybody to work for us, management, players or whoever. Reputation is hard to get and easy to throw away and ourt owners have thrown ours away without any thought.

Recovery will not happen immediately once Venkys ate gone it will take at least two years to get on a stable footing and be able to settle into whatever division we end up in.

A rude awakening indeed.

I still get the impression Stuart that some fans dont realise what we're in for now,the last 20 years or so will seem like some distant memory when we are playing the likes of (with all respect) Barnsley,Peterborough,Brighton etc etc season after season.

Down with the slippery snake called Venky's and right back to square one we go. :(

I still get the impression Stuart that some fans dont realise what we're in for now,the last 20 years or so will seem like some distant memory when we are playing the likes of (with all respect) Barnsley,Peterborough,Brighton etc etc season after season.

Down with the slippery snake called Venky's and right back to square one we go. :(

If we're honest, if someone had asked us 25 years ago of we'd fancy 20 years in the top flight including winning the league and a major trophy but the catch is that you will have a very uncertain time once it's over, I still think most fans would have said, "Let's go for it!".

The big worry now is not so much playing those teams but still being a solvent football club in the football league, and not having to ground share with Acrrington Stanley - with the greatest of respect to Stanley.

The next big worry is the loss of generations of what would have been Rovers fans - it's bad enough our people's kids now have Burnley on their birth certificate, let alone them growing up supporting City, United or Chelsea!

After that, it's complaining about being a League One team.

It took so much, from one man, to drag us up to the top league, and it's not coming around again any time soon.

Our rivals, especially locally, would argue mid-table Championship, given the size of our town / fanbase is about right, but - had it not been for the Trust losing interest and selling to a bunch of clueless, classless jokers - it didn't have to be. We had become accustomed to punching above our weight and with the right manager/board, we were clinging on for grim death.

As it as, all we are left with is the prospect of a grim death...

Yes your right Stuart,we have experienced a quite frankly glorious 20 years in the clubs history,very enjoyable indeed,in that respect we have no right to complain.Its just the very harsh realisation that our demise has been hastened by utter incompetence on all levels that until now was totally Alien to us as a club....you dont fully realise what you had until its gone and all that,I think that realisation is going to hit the post Jack Walker era fan more than most.

We've been wrecked as a club.

It is worth pointing out that the Company Secretary has a set of legal obligations which are in fact a shorter route to jail that those that exist for directors in the event of malpractise.

Whereas the paperwork for the termination of Paul Hunt's Directorship was filed the same day as the sacking, nothing has been filed for Anthony Bloch yet. Perhaps this is because Anthony Bloch is not there to do the Secretary's job and make the filing?

They have a few days to get it filed before the daily fines start.

An interesting point is that a company is not allowed not to have a company secretary at any time.... In the same way as not having any Directors can lead to immediate striking off and dissolution.

It is worth pointing out that the Company Secretary has a set of legal obligations which are in fact a shorter route to jail that those that exist for directors in the event of malpractise.

Venky's "clearing the decks" as they head into stormy seas?

An interesting point is that a company is not allowed not to have a company secretary at any time.... In the same way as not having any Directors can lead to immediate striking off and dissolution.

Hypothetically, then, should Silk, Hunt and Coar leave this week, prior to Agnew taking up his directorship, would that count as BRFC briefly having no Directors, or would the club be covered by the fact that his appointment has been mentioned in the press?

Whereas the paperwork for the termination of Paul Hunt's Directorship was filed the same day as the sacking, nothing has been filed for Anthony Bloch yet. Perhaps this is because Anthony Bloch is not there to do the Secretary's job and make the filing?

They have a few days to get it filed before the daily fines start.

Anthony Bloch is the football secretary, not the company secretary. Any issues would be with Football League / FA not elsewhere

Hypothetically, then, should Silk, Hunt and Coar leave this week, prior to Agnew taking up his directorship, would that count as BRFC briefly having no Directors, or would the club be covered by the fact that his appointment has been mentioned in the press?

Doubt Coar would leave.. but then again who knows these days. Also we do apparently have a few other directors on board, Ghandi, Rao and Gupta..

With regards to Nicko, I can only repeat that anything coming from him from the Anderson camp has been consistently on the nail at the time.

There is something very odd going on at Rovers and that is a massive understatement so a bunch of things have been posted which were correct at the time of writing then got superceded by the polar opposite.

With regards to Company Secretary, it appears Anthony Bloch was football secretary so what I wrote does not apply.

Obviously nobody is needed to make the arrangements for the new season's fixtures....

With regards to Nicko, I can only repeat that anything coming from him from the Anderson camp has been consistently on the nail at the time.

There is something very odd going on at Rovers and that is a massive understatement so a bunch of things have been posted which were correct at the time of writing then got superceded by the polar opposite.

With regards to Company Secretary, it appears Anthony Bloch was football secretary so what I wrote does not apply.

Obviously nobody is needed to make the arrangements for the new season's fixtures....

When are the fixtures out. Perfect timing by the know it all owners and Boldilocks.sad.gif

Dependent on the type of contract it is relatively easy to get rid of staff with under 2 years service. In a period of intensive cost cutting they are usually the most vulnerable and easiest targets. Different if you're not classed as an employee but on a specified contract. I would expect the Football Secretary to be an employee of BRFC.

Anyway, condolences to Mr Bloch and good luck for the future.

Relegation, cost cutting and inept management leave a swathe of victims. The players and management who took us down are most protected.

I am led to believe that Bloch has been told that he will be dismissed but currently is still employed. I suspect that they will do the deed at somepoint this week, this might coincide with a possible visit by Shebby Singh.

Dismissed as in sacked or redundant? This would tell me an awful lot if I knew that!

Maybe they know nobody is coming to watch. Your right every company has to have a company secretary.

Maybe they know nobody is coming to watch. Your right every company has to have a company secretary.

In my opinion, having seen the amount of work and knowledge a football secretary has, even at Semi Pro level, if these clowns try and operate with another of their Indian friends, there will be more fines than a traffic warden hands out daily in central London, indeed, when you are dealing with the FA, you even have to ensure the spelling is correct, one of my teams was fined for the incorrect spelling of a name on the team sheet!!

indeed, when you are dealing with the FA, you even have to ensure the spelling is correct, one of my teams was fined for the incorrect spelling of a name on the team sheet!!

Surely a job for Paul "Footiball" Agnew then.

Archived