BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Finally Beat Rovers - at Ewood?

I couldn't work out what the penalty infringement was either - just looked like a crap kick by Payton to me.

It was all for charity and like I say, looked like everybody had a great time. I'd love to see a repeat of the scoreline in the league game :-)

If Kean's in charge who knows :wacko:

Penalty was clear - keeper went off his line before it was taken.

Burnley player guilty of encroaching inside the box if you want to be picky Hughesy.

As for Rovers.... Sorry lads but nowt that a new GK and CH wouldn't remedy.

Hughesy given the fact it was never a penalty in the first place I'd say they were lucky to get a re-take it was totally accidental give the burnley lad credit the goal with his left foot was superb.

Having said that if you need an ex-championship striker and help of the ref to get a dubious penalty you really are in trouble.

However from Rovers point of view all those goals were avoidable nearly all there goals were a straight ball through the centre of the defence totally shocking defending! I would expect the clown to set up the team to play so poorly.

I only hope they don't defend like that for the championship game anything other than 6 points over the old enemy the clown better have his tin hat on other results I could possibly take but to even drop points against scumley the clown better be prepared for hell to be unleashed on him.

It was a penalty for handball and was retaken because the keeper was two yards off his line.

The Rovers team had an ex-Burnley player in defence too and was actually made up of Burnley/Man Utd etc. fans - apart from a couple of exceptions.

Hughesy given the fact it was never a penalty in the first place I'd say they were lucky to get a re-take it was totally accidental give the burnley lad credit the goal with his left foot was superb.

Having said that if you need an ex-championship striker and help of the ref to get a dubious penalty you really are in trouble.

However from Rovers point of view all those goals were avoidable nearly all there goals were a straight ball through the centre of the defence totally shocking defending! I would expect the clown to set up the team to play so poorly.

I only hope they don't defend like that for the championship game anything other than 6 points over the old enemy the clown better have his tin hat on other results I could possibly take but to even drop points against scumley the clown better be prepared for hell to be unleashed on him.

Regardless, the ref gave a penalty, he also ordered a retake (and rightly so) after the keeper moved off his line before the ball was struck.

That was some horrific defending and goalkeeping, that last goal 3 defenders decided to stop dead, keeper should of done better going to ground too

Regardless, the ref gave a penalty, he also ordered a retake (and rightly so) after the keeper moved off his line before the ball was struck.

I repeat daz....... If the ref was so correct then he would have seen the Burnley player standing in the area and disallowed the second pen.

This thing goes right to the top! I do believe yet another a grammatically challenged protest letter has been sent to Peter Scudamore.

What's a former horse racing jockey going to do about it.

Maybe that's where we've been going wrong. :rolleyes:

Archived