BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You reckon Hanley is better than Scott Dann.?

To be fair, I thought Hanley came on leaps and bounds last season before getting injured......people have fickle and short memories. He started off as a liability, but the more he played, and after his winnign goal at United, I thought he started to play quite well. He was so committed, and fought for Rovers, you could see it in the way he threw his body at anythign in the box, almost Samba esque, and we started to have a decent patch, then he was injured and we went back to leakign goals. Anyways, that is my opinion, and I know it was shared on the stands around me at the time.

I think big Grant can be a big player for us this season, future captain for me.

I'm better than Scott Dann.

I remember when Dann was signed...the general feeling was that we were taking a premier league player from a relegated side and it was positive....I remember numerous episodes on MOTD where Hansen would pick out Dann(and Johnson) for outstanding contributions...Mcleish was a good defender himself under Ferguson so he must know something.

Then Coco the Clowm got hold of him.........

I'm not saying he's a worldbeater, but I sure as hell know he's in a different class to old Clogger Hanley. We'll see who has the better career.

I think Warnock would play in the Chamionship you know. I also think he welcome the chance to come back to us as he'd be a fan favourite.

I also think the same. His form for Villa has suffered terribly, so maybe a challenge with Blackburn might interest him. Plus the wages we are offering around we always have a chance.

I remember when Dann was signed...the general feeling was that we were taking a premier league player from a relegated side and it was positive....I remember numerous episodes on MOTD where Hansen would pick out Dann(and Johnson) for outstanding contributions...Mcleish was a good defender himself under Ferguson so he must know something.

Then Coco the Clowm got hold of him.........

I'm not saying he's a worldbeater, but I sure as hell know he's in a different class to old Clogger Hanley. We'll see who has the better career.

I remember the feeling when Chimbonda was signed......proven premier league player who had previously been in the Premier League Team of the Season......but he was terrible for us so anything he did previously was completely irrelevant.

Yes McLeish is a "good" defensive manager who could get the best out of him .....and Kean is awful but Samba, Givet and Hanley were some of our only decent performers last season.......even if Dann does go on to have a better career (which he won't if Hanley lives up to his potential) that doesn't make him better than Hanley at this moment in time.

Hanley is an "old clogger" because he's a no-nonsense defender who puts his body on the line.......Dann is a bottler, pure and simple.....he's so terrible it's embarrassing.....I'd rather have Roger Johnson....I'd rather pay money out of my own pocket to have Titus Bramble.

Henok Goitom available on a free from Almeria. Good young striker.

I think Dann and Givet will start in the middle it is simple but I can see injuries make way for Hanley to play alot of games.

This is my starting lineup for Ipswich game:

Robinson

Lowe, Dann, Givet, Orr

Formica, Etuhu, Murphy, Vukcevic

Pedersen or Dunn, Kazim-Richards

We need two hard working midfelders on the wing in Formica and Vukcevic.

I would have had Olsson if he was fit on left back and one more striker. Nzonzi is still at club and should play.

Henok Goitom available on a free from Almeria. Good young striker.

2004–2007 Udinese 1 (1) 2005–2007 → Ciudad Murcia (loan) 75 (23) 2007–2009 Murcia 31 (2) 2008–2009 → Valladolid (loan) 29 (10) 2009–2012 Almería 78 (8)

Hope he's got more to his game than goals if you think he's good.

Archived