BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

Goodwillie knows where the net is but the rest of his game is seriously lacking, he doesn't seem to have the ability to get his head up and create something he gets the ball puts his head down and runs like a duck hopeing he can get near the net.

But he can improve that aspect of his game and he did look a lot better when he played against weaker teams in the cup's than he did in the league. So if played he could have a good season

But that's just when playing up top on his own, which he really isn't suited to.....he just can't hold the ball up, he just does what you say.......when he used to play up top with a striker partner or as part of a 3 in Scotland he would be constantly picking out passes and linking the play, if that's a phrase.......I'm pretty sure he got the most assists in the SPL the season before he came, for a player outside of the Old Firm that's mightily impressive.

He needs to get his fitness sorted first, that should be his priority....let's all hope that new fitness coach has an impact on our squad.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodwillie knows where the net is but the rest of his game is seriously lacking, he doesn't seem to have the ability to get his head up and create something he gets the ball puts his head down and runs like a duck hopeing he can get near the net.

But he can improve that aspect of his game and he did look a lot better when he played against weaker teams in the cup's than he did in the league. So if played he could have a good season

I would look at his goals from Dundee, he operated on the left hand side, cutting in and shooting, scored quite a few like that, he operated on the right at Rovers, doesnt the bald headed cretin ever do any research on players?

Tim Payne is another of our youth striker`s that should make an impact in the championship,hasn`t he just been promoted to NZ first team?. :D

Payne has apparently transformed into a central midfielder since we signed him:

http://www.fifa.com/mensolympic/news/newsid=1671290/index.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

Goodwillie was clearly out of his depth last season and had to embrace an almost Dickov-esque style of play to make any sort of mark in the PL. The thing is that he actually did that quite well when he got the chance, the goal against Everton comes to mind. I'm sure he'll be a different player in the Championship, but can he really lead a forward line on his own?

What's the deal with Payne then? Has he been involved with the first team at all yet?

I remember him coming in as a striker and it seems odd that he's now playing as a defensive midfielder, the one position where we have been lacking.

My fear is that this will become the truth used to describe him in future and that he will sound better than he is.

Agreed.

However, it's not always a bad thing. In a parallel universe somewhere, we brought in an Anderson type "player" on a free, bigged him up beyond his abilities, sold him for a profit and gave the money to a competent manager to strengthen the squad.

*sigh*

Mentioned in the Rhodes thread but Rochina has just been on Twitter saying he's fit but won't travel and can't answer any questions.

Maybe he's off? Saw someone mention he's been offered as a sweetener in the Rhodes deal could be off up there? Hopeful I know but either way I be disappointed to see him leave

I disagree, he's been played in his right position plenty of times = on the bench.

Hilarious.

goodwillie is a one hit wonder, had a good season with dundee utd the season before we signed him, he will probably disappear into obscurity

Had 2 good seasons at Dundee United....they guy's 23 so I'm not gonna blame him for having any more than that.

Mentioned in the Rhodes thread but Rochina has just been on Twitter saying he's fit but won't travel and can't answer any questions.

Maybe he's off? Saw someone mention he's been offered as a sweetener in the Rhodes deal could be off up there? Hopeful I know but either way I be disappointed to see him leave

Absolute shambles how our club is playing with peoples careers.

i was quite optomistic that Goodwillie would do well for us this season , i though a year in the championship would get his mojo back , he hasnt really got any outstanding assets , but scored goals in SPL which is akin to the championship

Dempsey wants out at Fulham.http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19298824

That would be a good signing for a striker apparently he hasn`t even trained with Fulham for the last month.

The teams he has been linked with have been clubs miles bigger than us Liverpool and Everton are one's most recently. I should imagine if Arsenal want a striker they could take an interest too.

Dempsey wants out at Fulham.http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19298824

That would be a good signing for a striker apparently he hasn`t even trained with Fulham for the last month.

He'd never drop down a division and the asking price is 8-9m.

Who said he isn't fit Eddie?

I've heard from three different people that he hasn't hit the fitness requirements.

Archived