BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Rovers fans have been arguing Heskey is good recently.

It's certainly a Heskey-ish goals record, but given this lad at 27 hasn't managed to get a single cap for the full Swedish national team, he can only be considered even worse.

Some Rovers fans have been arguing Heskey is good recently.

They've been arguing he's a good foil (is that the word?) for a strike partner.....hence why successive England managers picked him......and why he was in Liverpool's team for ages......my Aston Villa relatives rate him highly they just wish he would score more, while acknowledging he makes others play better......his wages would be big so we should stay away and I know he would be played as a lone striker......but in a 4-4-2 he would bring the best out of another striker as his hold up play is Yakubu/Roberts standard and I suppose even Roberts was more prolific at this level.

Warnock I would take back instantly....sometimes it just doesn't work out with clubs but he would probably be pretty good for us again...maybe it's just a confidence thing.

Lets be honest Warnock is not coming back. Not that he probably wouldn't, just that there will be a number of Prem teams that would take him. Speaking of old players, I would love us to have a go at re-signing David Bentley, He was class for Rovers!

He was class but he is so injury prone it is unbelievable. Such a shame a player of his quality is sidelined with injuries so much.

He was class but he is so injury prone it is unbelievable. Such a shame a player of his quality is sidelined with injuries so much.

Has he really been injured that much? Or is it just that he simply isn't good enough? If it is injuries it's not surprising, that's what happens when you're warming the bench week in, week out.

For me, one of the very worst career moves of recent history. He was on the verge of breaking into the England team whilst playing for us, instead he engineered a move to Spurs. So much for only wanting to move to a Champions League club eh David? Stick to doing what you do best, clowning around in front of the cameras when SSN come down to the training ground.

Personally, and it's not a very pleasant thing to say, but i'm glad his career has gone down the pan.

Can be very lazy at times i seen him quite a bit at Everton, he was excellent for a while and then just faded and looked like he just could not be bothered anymore. Moved to Tottenham and looked pretty good again. Mixed bag really. Get's injured very often though.

Much the same was said about Yak in his time at Everton and other clubs. Saha is absolute quality, but yes, inconsistent. I doubt he'd remotely consider dropping down a league right now.

Never really seen the point in one month loan deals. Especially for a defender where you have to develop a near telepathic understanding with each other.

Has he really been injured that much? Or is it just that he simply isn't good enough? If it is injuries it's not surprising, that's what happens when you're warming the bench week in, week out.

For me, one of the very worst career moves of recent history. He was on the verge of breaking into the England team whilst playing for us, instead he engineered a move to Spurs. So much for only wanting to move to a Champions League club eh David? Stick to doing what you do best, clowning around in front of the cameras when SSN come down to the training ground.

Personally, and it's not a very pleasant thing to say, but i'm glad his career has gone down the pan.

Agree 100%! Usually not one to wish failure on players but have no sympathy for bentley on this one...really bolted it and didnt give us a 2nd thought, ballsed everything up for himself!

That said would happily take him back, hes only 28 next week...if he was on loan an injury wouldnt be our problem or as devastating then if we signed him permanently!

Aldershot Town have signed a premier league defender

Daddy been "polishing" that particular turd again has he.......

Could someone go the website and point out the 2 errors.

The one above.

And I'm pretty sure he didn't sign in 2010. Or else he would have been signed by Allardyce.

Could someone go the website and point out the 2 errors.

The one above.

And I'm pretty sure he didn't sign in 2010. Or else he would have been signed by Allardyce.

Sam went in Oct 2010, no?

Wasn't he signed on a pre-contract before his 'spell' at Aberdeen and then can on board fully in Jan 2011.

I'm more curious about the fact he's being described as a Premier League defender. Not even on the bench for a PL match iirc. Is that really how Anderson Snr is marketing him? If it's on his CV, I'd be concerned.

If Nuno can´t make it we are in serious trouble. At his age playing even most of the games is a big doubt. Goodwillie is pretty much useless. Many here say he could do on this level, I doubt it. I hope there is few loan alternatives being considered if all permanent targets goes by. We really do need a number one striker.

Archived