BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

Imo Dalglish is a spent force. Whether Rogers is the man or not I don't yet know but I do know Kenny isn't. I think the Suarez issue was a problem but not as big a problem to Henry as spewing 50m on Henderson and Carroll. Kenny deserves having his arse kicked all the way up to the North East for that! He's proved that he's shrewd and a good judge of a player so it makes me wonder whether his retirement fund was involved or not.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Dalglish was removed from the post as he was past it, and wasted about £70m on players that are not good enough to get the team in the Champions League. I still think Rodgers could do it, but he'll need time. How long was Ferguson in before he started to do the business?

Waggy76 has highlighted the big problem with modern football-short termism. If manager X does not suddenly transform the fortunes of the team he's out. Just look at Chelsea, and how they've been since Mourinho was turfed out. They're starting to reap their 'rewards' for all the managerial chaos (Di Matteo's European success was an exception).

• Backroom

There are only 3 trophies up for grabs and he won one of them ..

I would agree he is old school and doesn't like the media ..

Removed from the job cos of the Suarez incident , I suspect ....

He was removed because he wasn't very good, winning the League Cup (this year being contested by the mighty Bradford and Swansea) isn't really enough to compensate for Liverpool's poor league form under him and the £80m or so wasted on the likes of Carroll, Henderson and Downing.

Kenny's managerial career reached its final peak with us and he's way out of touch in today's game. His after match interviews during this period as Liverpool manager were cringeworthy at times. His handling of the Suarez situation certainly didn't help matters but there were plenty of reasons to dismiss him beyond that (though I do think he should have been given at least one more season, if Brenden was the best they could do otherwise).

He was removed because he wasn't very good, winning the League Cup (this year being contested by the mighty Bradford and Swansea) isn't really enough to compensate for Liverpool's poor league form under him and the £80m or so wasted on the likes of Carroll, Henderson and Downing.

Kenny's managerial career reached its final peak with us and he's way out of touch in today's game. His after match interviews during this period as Liverpool manager were cringeworthy at times. His handling of the Suarez situation certainly didn't help matters but there were plenty of reasons to dismiss him beyond that (though I do think he should have been given at least one more season, if Brenden was the best they could do otherwise).

He should have retired from management after he decided to quit Rovers , Rovers play Arsenal on Saturday , i think their fans would have liked a league cup win in the last couple of years ...

Certainly agree with you , that he should have been given another season if Rogers is the best they can do !

Rodgers may not have started well and may never come good, but on principle it was a much better idea to appoint a man who showed promise, had plenty of scope to grow as a manager and was up with todays methods, than a past it spent force like Kenny, as much as I love him for what he did at Rovers.

So Phil Jones starts against Real Madrid. Huge game for him, he's obviously there to protect the middle when Ronaldo tries to come inside.

Weirdly four of the five midfielders are English (Welbeck, Jones, Carrick and Rooney). Rooney aside, not really a midfield you'd want to see turn out for England yet this is about as tough as it gets at any level.

Guest Norbert

I was going to say what the hell that plank Welbeck is doing on the pitch. And then he scored as soon as I posted.

He's still sh_t though.

I was going to say what the hell that plank Welbeck is doing on the pitch. And then he scored as soon as I posted.

He's still sh_t though.

Really? I've only become aware of that general feeling tonight. I think he's got everything to be a very good player. Not as a central striker but as a winger like tonight. Works really hard, retains possession well and capable of flashes that unlock defences.

I really admire the way Ferguson builds his team around these solid professionals. You wouldn't say the likes of Evans, Carrick, Cleverley etc. would get into other top teams. He's done it down the years, always has a bunch of solid, reliable players backed up by a few stars. I think that's the mistake the likes of Man City and Chelsea make. They want a star in every position but teams don't work like that. Apart from Spain of course.

Guest Norbert

Danny Welbeck=Run around like Wayne Rooney, perform a little trick to beat a player, and then pass it to a defender. Or or dribbles with the ball until he tamely shoots off target. He's just another Darius Vassell. Quick, but no brain and only occaisional flashes of skill.

Right personalities, characters, attitudes etc etc are what is needed in a great team, people in football will figure it ourt eventually and talent won't be the be all and end all it is today in the UK.

I was considering editing my post to say about personality but you summed it up there.

It's a common theme amonst players Ferguson has. He never has mentally fragile and tempremental players. Just look how at determined and composed the players that he's bringing through for this 'new' team - Rafael, Jones, Welbeck, Cleverley, Hernandez, Buttner etc.

Not the most talented technically but they'll provide a solid foundation for the stars he'll inevitably have over the next few years and mean that they'll always have a hard working and competitive side. When was the last time you saw a Man Utd team that didn't compete?

• 2 weeks later...

Fulham Starting XI: Schwarzer, Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise, Dejagah, Karagounis, Sidwell, Duff, Ruiz, Berbatov

Stoke City starting XI: Begovic; Shotton, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson; Whelan, Cameron, N'Zonzi, Etherington; Walters; Crouch

Kick off in 5 mins. Looking forward to this as I haven't seen Nzozni play in a couple of months.

Big Sam in the studio was bigging him up a minute ago.

• Backroom

Fulham Starting XI: Schwarzer, Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise, Dejagah, Karagounis, Sidwell, Duff, Ruiz, Berbatov

Stoke City starting XI: Begovic; Shotton, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson; Whelan, Cameron, N'Zonzi, Etherington; Walters; Crouch

Kick off in 5 mins. Looking forward to this as I haven't seen Nzozni play in a couple of months.

Big Sam in the studio was bigging him up a minute ago.

Sounds like he's still an impetuous tw@t.

• Backroom

Because he makes rash challenges and/or actions without thinking first. Definition of impetuous is: Acting or done quickly and without thought or care; impulsive.

Anyhow, just noticed this comment from Roberto Martinez:

'I consider Wigan as a top-eight team,' he said in the Daily Star. ' I never think about whether we can find three weaker teams.'

He's either possessed by the spirit of Steve Kean or has actually gone mental. A top eight team? :rock:

Because he makes rash challenges and/or actions without thinking first. Definition of impetuous is: Acting or done quickly and without thought or care; impulsive.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-TRtny4K__O4/USjNFHwgjoI/AAAAAAAABmc/EXSStSMnYEY/s500/NZONZI2.gif

The lad has talent and we do miss him in our midfield. But this just sums him up. His stroppy behaviour reminds me of my 1 year old when he needs a sleep. Come to think of it he punches like him too.

Archived