BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not surprisng he's been accused of some major crime like this. Those twitter statements make me laugh as he is as likely to be a 1st team player up there as me.

Wasn't Shearer singing his praises the other year?

Kiss of death if ever there is one.

• Backroom

Aston Villa in the last 6 weeks

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-4 Tottenham

Aston Villa 0-3 Wigan

Swansea 2-2 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich

Bradford 3-1 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0-1 Southampton

West Brom 2-2 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 2-1 Bradford (lost 3-4 on agg)

Millwall 2-1 Aston Villa

Adkins will be there soon enough I think

Guest Norbert

I hope not, as I do like him, and he is a pretty good manager. I hope Lambert stays on and finishes the job of relegating them. There are too many Vile fans where I live, and a few of them are right gobshites.

• Backroom

Suggestions are that Lerner will keep Lambert on regardless of form.

Perhaps he can't afford to pay him off. They've just lost to a League Two and Championship team in quick succession, if there was any time to sack Lambert it would be now.

Suggestions are that Lerner will keep Lambert on regardless of form.

Perhaps he can't afford to pay him off. They've just lost to a League Two and Championship team in quick succession, if there was any time to sack Lambert it would be now.

They can afford to pay him off. What they cannot afford is relegation.

Just watched a wonderful game of football, thank you Arsenal & Liverpool, it had everything, quality, commitment, great goals and no nastiness, Wilshere is up there with Villa and Gerrard as the best prem midfielders, Walcotts finish was sublime and the passing movements were unblievable, 2 - 2 and neither side deserved to lose that game, a credit to both football and the Prem League!!

Why do the BBC still hire Alan Shearer?

Lineker: 'Is Samba worth the £10m gamble?'

Shearer: 'I'll tell you at the end of the season.'

Earning every penny, our Al.

Especially after he'd spent the past hour bemoaning the poor quality defending right through the Premier League!!

Why do the BBC still hire Alan Shearer?

Lineker: 'Is Samba worth the £10m gamble?'

Shearer: 'I'll tell you at the end of the season.'

Earning every penny, our Al.

There is a certain logic to what he is saying. Is Samba a £10m player? Almost certainly. Will it end up being a justified move for QPR? Only if they stay up. With the amount that they are spending this weekend it will have all been a very expensive mistake if they go down. If they stay up then they will have brought in some good players for relatively decent fees (and presumably very high wages).

They better hope that their owners, rich as they are, stick with them if they go down. If not then this will be another club that Harry has driven into the financial mire.

There is a certain logic to what he is saying. Is Samba a £10m player? Almost certainly. Will it end up being a justified move for QPR? Only if they stay up. With the amount that they are spending this weekend it will have all been a very expensive mistake if they go down. If they stay up then they will have brought in some good players for relatively decent fees (and presumably very high wages).

Just think if Shearer had actually said that instead of "Uhuh I don't know".

Guest Norbert

I hope it's Joe Kinnear. Or at least I hope Lambert refuses to resign. Lerner will be too tight to sack him.

God I hope Villa go down.

I was speaking to a Chelsea fan today who's clinging to the hope that Mourinho will make a comeback, as he's got "unfinished business" (don't most managers under Abramovich?). Can anyone genuinely see the 'Special One' returning to the Russian circus? I sure as hell can't. If Mourinho comes back to England it will be for one job and one job only.

• Backroom

We've got Appy now, who needs Jose?

Can only see Mourinho coming back to manage United. I suppose City is possible as well, as I'm sure he'd love having a massive transfer budget to spend. Very much doubt we'll see him back at Chelski - too big of a rebuild job required there.

Archived