BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

The only person I've heard with a good word to say about him is Guillem Balague, who happens to be Espanyol-affiliated!

Even if he's a great manager in Spain, if he can't get his points across effectively to players - especially mid-game then he'll struggle.

I bet Venkys are kicking themselves. "A non-English speaking manager! Why didn't we think of that??"

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comments from Charlie Nicholas on Southampton - he was trying to put some rationale behind the decision to sack Adkins - said sometimes it is not the owners own money they are spending, but they have the controlling power to make decisions......

• Backroom
The only person I've heard with a good word to say about him is Guillem Balague, who happens to be Espanyol-affiliated!

Even if he's a great manager in Spain, if he can't get his points across effectively to players - especially mid-game then he'll struggle.

I bet Venkys are kicking themselves. "A non-English speaking manager! Why didn't we think of that??"

Unfortunately for Southampton this fella was not a great manager in Spain - got sacked from Espanyol after rooting them to the bottom of La Liga.

It's not necessarily the fact he's a foreign manager that's the problem. It's the fact he's a foreign manager with zero experience in English football, coming into a newly-promoted club who are 3 points above the relegation zone mid-way through the season. That he doesn't speak a word of English is not ideal, admittedly.

• Backroom

Nile Ranger telling the Newcastle fans not to bother coming if they're going to boo.

Last thing from me... To all the fans. U are not forced to buy season tickets.. Or pay our wages.. Please remember that...

If u are loyal fans.. Be with us.. When we are out there on the field.. Be the 12th man.. Don't come and BOO.. That aint going to help any1

Team is going through rough patch.. Last thing we need is fans against us #SIMPLEREALLY

Nile Ranger telling the Newcastle fans not to bother coming if they're going to boo.

Nile ranger@NilePowerRanger

Last thing from me... To all the fans. U are not forced to buy season tickets.. Or pay our wages.. Please remember that...

This is what Sky money has done to football.

Supporters are an unnecessarily evil.

• Backroom

Yep. Rangers' comments are stupid and ill-advised, but this is exactly what 95% of players are thinking when fans boo.

It isn't "well, we've played terribly, and they've paid a lot of money, so they deserve to vent their feelings", it's "what a bunch of w@nkers. Why don't they do one if they don't like it."

No concept of club loyalty at all, but then what do you expect with the modern game as it is? Loyalty is a foreign concept to most players and managers.

Over paid, over pampered, arseholes who know, no matter how @#/? they play, even if they get their club relegated, they'll find another club who'll pay them more in a week than your average man in the street gets paid in a year. They don't give 2 @#/?. And the worst thing is, they expect everyone to lick their arses cause they can can kick a ball around slightly better than the rest of us and throw a strop when we don't. Then they wonder why fans get arsey when they see players not putting in the effort. 99% of fans would do their job for free. Tossers.

It shows how far the game has gone when the assistant ref from the City game got dropped for this weekend just for telling the City players to go as see their fans as they'd paid £62. He should have been bloody applauded and not stood down!

It shows how far the game has gone when the assistant ref from the City game got dropped for this weekend just for telling the City players to go as see their fans as they'd paid £62. He should have been bloody applauded and not stood down!

+1

Guest Norbert

Nile Rangers' comments don't surprise me. He is well known for being an arrogant wannabe gangsta with as much intelligence as a piece of Stilton. He's been involved in many scuffles with the police, and if he wasn't a football player, he'd probably be in prison for some sort of gang related shooting. Honestly, he comes across like he thinks he's some sort of combination of Pele and 50 Cent.

Guest Norbert

No doubt if someone takes him up on that offer, it may end up with his fists doing the talking.

Add me to the list of people annoyed at Adkins' sacking. Comes across as a decent man, a good manager and will probably do a good job for someone in our division.

Guest Norbert

Thing is, from what I have read about him, he'll still think he's 'No.1 gangsta' when he's playing for Grimsby, giving it large like he's somebody. He seems to be one of those people who are so devoid of self-analysis and self-criticism that they live in their own world where they're the best thing since sliced bread and the world is lucky that he exists. And it is everyone else's fault whenever something goes wrong.

I made him sound like a black Steve Kean then.

Archived