BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

good to see that tosser rodgers coming back down to earth, talking of a top 2 finish then get beaten at home to villa, the guy is his own biggest fan, never a liverpool manager in a million years, he will probably be sacked at the end of the season and end up at a bottom half premiership club or a top half championship club

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to see that tosser rodgers coming back down to earth, talking of a top 2 finish then get beaten at home to villa, the guy is his own biggest fan, never a liverpool manager in a million years, he will probably be sacked at the end of the season and end up at a bottom half premiership club or a top half championship club

Rovers ?

Watching Spurs - Nzonzi putting in a good performance so far and giving Spurs midfield little space, in their faces.

Looks more disciplined too playing under a competent manager.

Ha ha - as writing that, yellow carded for being his petulant self!

What a hoo hah over Fellaini's treatment of Ryan Shawcross ( Moyes is to be applauded for condemning Fellaini's actions btw). But as far as I could see on each of the three occasions that Fellaini punched or butted Shawcross the correct decision should have been a red card on two occasions and a yellow on the other BUT with a penalty awarded to Everton. Each time Shawcross had Fellaini player in a tight bear hug yet was never judged to be fouling. This happens frequently but Shawcross (and most other Stoke players) has been doing this to opponents for years with almost complete impunity so it's high time he had his features altered. What other options do forwards have when they receive no protection from such treatment by referees who simply do not apply the rules of football? I assumed this would be pointed out on MoTD but no, neither Shearer nor Lawrenson even mentioned Shawcross constantly reverting to tactics more suited to rugby union. It's almost as if gripping opponents with both arms in a vice like grip so they are unable to move let alone jump is acceptable. I simply don't get it and that goon on MoTD was suggesting a 6 or 8 week ban! If that does happen it will be scandalous.

Martin Keown is absolutely spot on here and one of the few to see whats really happening every time Shawcross (and most of the rest of his teammates) set foot on a football pitch. Wonder why so few referees are able to apply the basic rules of the game when indescretions are so obvious? If the referees did their job properly there should be penalties awarded against Stoke virtually every match which would be more than enough to make Pulis rethink his tactics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251907/Martin-Keowns-boot-room-Marouane-Fellaini-headbutt-wrong-sly-Ryan-Shawcross-defence.html

Despite their struggles, Nelsen getting a lot of praise from Redknapp recently and others - http://www.eplindex.com/23913/age-stop-ryan-nelsen-performing-qpr-player-analysis.html

QPR fans have even been singing Ryan Nelsen, he plays on his own, due to the disappointing performances of the other defenders Nelsen plays alongside.

Nelsen has been an immense player for QPR, but the question remains: who else in that QPR defence will step up and give similar blood, sweat and tears for the cause?

Nelsen is a top professional and top player. He's one of those players the fans feel a 'connection' with - he really seems to care, and can always be relied on to put in a shift. I wish he was still at Ewood, but like so many he was shoehorned out of the club and treated appallingly.

Indeed....he lost that bit of pace and I wondered whether he would become a liability on the pitch......but he was immense at the World Cup in South Africa so I knew that the rest of his ability, as well as his leadership and commitment, meant he would continue to be a major asset for years to come.

My QPR mate really rates him, thinks we were stupid to let him go.

• Moderation Lead
Villa very much remind me of rovers last season; inexperienced team, slashing wage Bill and bringing in cheap players, best players frozen out, weak at the back. The only thing different is that they have a decent manager.

Was saying the exact same thing to my mate just now.

And now it's 0-4.....

If it were anyone else I'd feel sorry for them, but not Aston 'we're a massive club' Villa. Their fans are second only to the Geordies in their delusion and arrogance, would tickle me to see them running out against the likes of us, Barnsley and Peterborough in the Championship next year in front of crowds of less than 20,000.

People say Liverpool fans live in the past, but I think that lot are the worse, they could do with a relegation reality-check. The gulf between investment under O'Neill and Randy Learner pulling the plug on it has been stark, and they were lucky to stay up last season and knowing them they'll probably scrape it again this season, but they really have been dreadful.

Parallels have been mentioned with Rovers last year, they've got through to the latter stages of the league cup also, but do you think there will be any 'forfeits' from Paul Lambert?

Edit: Just realised how bitter this post sounds, I am.

Just watching the post match chat and Jamie Redkmapp said how Nzonzi dominated the midfield tonight against Liverpool - thought he wasn't good enough for us Kean.
Look at that sh1t above! I can't correct it. This bloody board has become as disfunctional as the team!!! Who tf feels the need to keep meddling?

Thankfully Theno, your ire is obviously directed at the forum software developers and not the small team of volunteers who give up their valuable time to fix the bugs that ensue when upgrades come along. :tu:

• Backroom
If it were anyone else I'd feel sorry for them, but not Aston 'we're a massive club' Villa. Their fans are second only to the Geordies in their delusion and arrogance, would tickle me to see them running out against the likes of us, Barnsley and Peterborough in the Championship next year in front of crowds of less than 20,000.

Wouldn't be so confident they'll be playing us even if they do get relegated - and I'm not saying that in a positive way.

Archived