BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're missing their best defender Vlaar, two of their best players in N'Zogbia and Ireland, and they also have El Ahmadi, Dunne and Albrighton.

N'Zogbia has done nothing since he arrived, I think he's usually in the bench with Weimann and Agbonlahor ahead of him.

Ireland, El Ahmadi and Albrighton are all on the bench tonight. I think they've all been in poor form.

Vlaar is the only one guaranteed to start if fit out of that lot. It's a very poor team.

They wont go down......Villa are a mid-table side who sometimes finish as low as 16th, or around 6th when they've spent loads.

They'll always be three worse teams than them.

I bet there were people on other message boards thinking that about Rovers during the course of the last 2 years. Possibly even word for word.

Ironic really for years we had Roberts when he wasn't really the answer, now we are crying out for a Jason Roberts to play alongside Rhodes

Is Best a Roberts? I don't remember seeing enough of him to really say.

But then again, CKR could have been a second striker (cranial clockwork permitting) but we seem to prefer the one up front with a player 'in the hole'. Sticking CKR out wide did nothing for his game, IMHO.

N'Zogbia has done nothing since he arrived, I think he's usually in the bench with Weimann and Agbonlahor ahead of him.

Ireland, El Ahmadi and Albrighton are all on the bench tonight. I think they've all been in poor form.

Vlaar is the only one guaranteed to start if fit out of that lot. It's a very poor team.

My Villa relatives just tell me he's inconsistent.....N'Zogbia that is.....Ireland won their Player of the Year last year I think but that couldn't have been too hard....hasn't played much this season.

They say El Ahmadi is good and Albrighton was very good a couple of years ago.

New system, terrible season last year, lots of new signings.....I don't think it's a very poor team at all.

I bet there were people on other message boards thinking that about Rovers during the course of the last 2 years. Possibly even word for word.

Yea but Lambert vs Kean isn't really a fair contest is it.

We'll see but I can't see them battling relegation.

They're missing their best defender Vlaar, two of their best players in N'Zogbia and Ireland, and they also have El Ahmadi, Dunne and Albrighton.

They wont go down......Villa are a mid-table side who sometimes finish as low as 16th, or around 6th when they've spent loads.

They'll always be three worse teams than them.

That's what my friends said about us last season

But your Lambert to Kean comparison is valid. Lambert would have kept us up.

My Villa relatives just tell me he's inconsistent.....N'Zogbia that is.....Ireland won their Player of the Year last year I think but that couldn't have been too hard....hasn't played much this season.

They say El Ahmadi is good and Albrighton was very good a couple of years ago.

New system, terrible season last year, lots of new signings.....I don't think it's a very poor team at all.

Yea but Lambert vs Kean isn't really a fair contest is it.

We'll see but I can't see them battling relegation.

I think you're right pal, I don't think Villa will go down either. There will be three teams worse than them by the end of the season.

I get all the points about that's what some opposition fans used say about us but that notion was ridiculous to us because we knew how bad Kean was.

So the situations aren't really comparable imo.....maybe when they had McLeish and won one of their last 13 games and could have gone down.

If Lambert can keep Norwich up, he can do it with Villa....I know football doesn't always work like that but they have enough quality imo.... and not really any weak links in their side......eg Scott Dann, Brian Jensen, Roger Johnson etc.

Just spoke to a Villa relative and he said the Australian Holman is one of their best players....they'll be fine.

I get all the points about that's what some opposition fans used say about us but that notion was ridiculous to us because we knew how bad Kean was.

So the situations aren't really comparable imo.....maybe when they had McLeish and won one of their last 13 games and could have gone down.

If Lambert can keep Norwich up, he can do it with Villa....I know football doesn't always work like that but they have enough quality imo.... and not really any weak links in their side......eg Scott Dann, Brian Jensen, Roger Johnson etc.

Just spoke to a Villa relative and he said the Australian Holman is one of their best players....they'll be fine.

Weren't we trying to sign Holman not too long ago ?

Ironic really for years we had Roberts when he wasn't really the answer, now we are crying out for a Jason Roberts to play alongside Rhodes

Roberts strength (like Kuqi) is that his first touch and ball control is so bad that he doesn't know what he is doing next... which ironically makes it well nigh impossible for defenders to predict his intentions.

Indeed. He looked poor for the majority of last nights game. The ball just bouncing off him as he contemplating making a run at the defender, forcing him to chase after at. Sometimes it looks as though he's tried to use a burst of pace but it's usually just a mis-control. He can trap it further than I can kick it. At other times things paid off though. Won a few free kicks, got a bit lucky sometimes, and even had one piece of great skill, bringing a long ball down, turning the defender and getting a shot away.

He's the kind of player you don't really want starting for your team when it comes to the top league, but you also don't really want to have to play against him.

I hope the Venkys , were watching West Ham v Chelsea ...

A proper team managed by an experienced football man ......

This time tomorrow , we will in all probability be at our lowest ebb for 33yrs ...

The last time Burnley beat Rovers , we were relegated the same season , a repeat is not beyond the realms of possibility .....

I hope the Venkys , were watching West Ham v Chelsea ...

A proper team managed by an experienced football man ......

I was expecting to see the ball being scuttled into the corners for Wham to launch long throws into the box. Wham played some excellent stuff against a more talented side. Still, as some said on here, it's been easy replacing him.

I was expecting to see the ball being scuttled into the corners for Wham to launch long throws into the box. Wham played some excellent stuff against a more talented side. Still, as some said on here, it's been easy replacing him.

Did you also see Michael Laudrup's Swansea side play Arsenal off the park today?

What might have been, eh?

West Ham have indeed played some decent stuff this season - who cares about the way they have played though - Big Sam's results have been outstanding, getting them promoted back to the Premier League in the first instance was a very good achievement. There are not many top managers around, he is most certainly one of them.

Archived