BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nzonzi another horror story chalked down to the keaning keany kean kean kean scum.

More to the point, I have not seen much PL football this season (been too painful to watch without Rovers involved because of the keaning keaners pune loons) but every game I have seen has been completely absorbing.

Awful decision by that liner just now. Stoke player behind the WHam last man and ball passed from inside Stoke half. Apart from that it was offside.

Don't know about Hughesey but I have. Very limited player with a shocking attitude who didn't want to play for us. Yeah great loss.

We did well to get 4m for in the end, only Stoke were interested, not even Sam it seems.

Away from sulking Frenchmen and onto things that actually matter it seems Sparky is still in charge at QPR - for now at least.

Bet 'Arry is in there like a rat up a drainpipe given half a chance. Now there is no chance of him joining Rovers I reserve my right to be a typically fickle football fan and hope he never wins a game all season if he gets the gig.

NZonzi was temperamental but then so are alot of talented players but under a strong manager like Sam or Pulis he is a big asset. He's showing his class with Stoke now and he was a big loss for us. Thank you Mr Kean.

Cracking game between West Ham and Stoke tonight. Every area of the pitch fiercely contested and a painful reminder of how far we have fallen - our present squad would not be able to cope with football played at such pace and intensity.

NZonzi was temperamental but then so are alot of talented players but under a strong manager like Sam or Pulis he is a big asset. He's showing his class with Stoke now and he was a big loss for us. Thank you Mr Kean.

Cracking game between West Ham and Stoke tonight. Every area of the pitch fiercely contested and a painful reminder of how far we have fallen - our present squad would not be able to cope with football played at such pace and intensity.

Completely agree jim.

Nzonzi was absolute class for Stoke tonight.

Exactly the sort of player we need. To his credit he was sulky under Kean. Anyone with an IQ above 60 could see the Kean was a total cretin.

• Backroom

To his credit he was sulky under Kean?

How is that to his credit? We all know what Kean was but any player has a duty to the club and the fans not just the manager. Just because we all hate Kean it shouldn't excuse rank unprofessionalism (and we know that goes both ways)

Very good player with a very bad attitude, he always played like a petulant teenager at Rovers I've never seen someone kick the ball away as much after decisions went against him.

I wonder why Rovers fans were sulky under Kean ?

After all, fans have a duty to the club and shouldn't let hatred of the manager get in the way.

We all know alot of players had a falling out with Kean - Nzonzi was guilty only of letting it show more than most.

I wonder why Rovers fans were sulky under Kean ?

After all, fans have a duty to the club and shouldn't let hatred of the manager get in the way.

We all know alot of players had a falling out with Kean - Nzonzi was guilty only of letting it show more than most.

Exactly....he's just French, we know what they're like......f'ing talented footballers, that's what their like.....as well as petulant and arrogant.....generally speaking of course.

Don't know about Hughesey but I have. Very limited player with a shocking attitude who didn't want to play for us. Yeah great loss.

We did well to get 4m for in the end, only Stoke were interested, not even Sam it seems.

Away from sulking Frenchmen and onto things that actually matter it seems Sparky is still in charge at QPR - for now at least.

Bet 'Arry is in there like a rat up a drainpipe given half a chance. Now there is no chance of him joining Rovers I reserve my right to be a typically fickle football fan and hope he never wins a game all season if he gets the gig.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/11/19/3539117/-?

You're getting worse Rev! Stoke are the ones who did well to get N'Zonzi for 4M, they'll make a fortune in year or two.

Seems Sam did want to sign him but our owners wouldn't sell to him---that's what Pulis is saying and he would know. As for another post of your's pointing out that Stoke have only 13 points from 12 games, you are surely not saying that that means N'Zonzi can't be playing well?!!!

Meanwhile today's Guardian reports:

"while the eye-catching Steven Nzonzi hit a rising drive from outside the area against the underside of the crossbar."

Paul Finney, co-founder of the QPR supporters' website Independent Rs , said fans fear relegation could be disastrous.

"The club have spent massively, but at what cost? The fear is that we become another Portsmouth," he said.

"At the moment we are abysmal. Apart from [defender] Ryan Nelsen, there's no leadership and it's horrible to watch."

Nzonzi could play, if you can't see that take up table tennis or snooker. I didn't like his attitude either but I could see he was a player.

I disagree with that partially. He was as Kelbo stated about Samba in another thread, a huge presense in midfield. His ability to win the ball back was very good and often his positional play was good. However, his attitude on the pitch was very poor. If a decision doesn't go his way, his head immediately drops and is left chasing down shadows. Maybe a better manager can improve that but I very much doubt this.

Playing in midfield, he should also have the ability to play forward passes, something that was evidently missing from his game at Rovers. He made the odd long pass and with his presense, I feel he did not use it to maximise his potential. I would have like to see him make more forward bursting runs into the opposition area (I think he did that once last season and resulted in him scoring VS QPR I think). He has to add that side to his game.

Yet some people on here where happy to let him go, due to his attitude. Wonder if Hughsey still has the same view?

Me?

Yes I cant stand him... hardly pulled any trees up at Stoke so far... just where exactly are they in the league, hardly flying high and apart from Pulis, iv not heard anything positive about him by any of the media.

I thought he was average under Allardyce who found him and managed to incorporate him in a team without exposing him, whilst being prepared to drop him to control his volatile temperament.

I then felt under Kean that he badly stagnated; whilst being exposed within poor tactics his attitude was also awful. I was glad to see him sold.

What i have seen of Stoke this year(limited), he has been allowed more freedom and has shown an impressive engine and provided a threat going forward. I did think we had no option but to restrict him due to alternative options but still, I feel that even if Pulis keeps his bad attitude in check, a limited passing range and a lack of real bite will hinder him.

Nzonzi and Jermaine Jones were one of the most promising midfield partnerships I've seen for Rovers in recent years.

They developed a good understanding with one another and Nzonzi even seemed a little more adventurous in his play with Jones back to tidy up.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Those questioning Nzonzis attitude should ask themselves if they want a Bellamy or an Ashley Ward. If you get both in a player your unlikely to keep them in our position. The best managers get the best out of their players, thats why Nzonzi went a little backwards under Kean, but Sam played him week in, week out.

How much do you think it will take to replace Nzonzi? Id bet more than £4m.

Me?

Yes I cant stand him... hardly pulled any trees up at Stoke so far... just where exactly are they in the league, hardly flying high and apart from Pulis, iv not heard anything positive about him by any of the media.

By general consent among their supporters and local press NZonzi is the best signing Stoke have made in years. They think they've got a bargain and will be lucky not to lose him to a "big" club. Keep on trying though.

Guardiola in at Chelsea methinks.

Di Matteo delivers the Champions League trophy and is rewarded with the boot. What a rotten, ruthless business football is.

Archived