BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

I actually thought his dive was in front of Moyes was pretty funny after the comments he'd made, agreed with the commentators there that if Moyes is going to talk like that then he has to take that one on the chin.

I bet he wanted to boot him though when he was stood about 2 foot away from him right on the edge of his technical area.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

How poor are Liverpool these days, as an aside?

Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Coates, Wisdom, Jones, Sahin... I appreciate there are a lot of young players in there but nonetheless for the majority of that group to be the core of Liverpool's team just shows how far they've fallen. Even Gerrard is getting on and not as influential in open play as he used to be. It's staggering to think in 2009 they were challenging for the title... their current team would do well to get into the top 8. Bang average in every respect.

I actually thought his dive was in front of Moyes was pretty funny after the comments he'd made, agreed with the commentators there that if Moyes is going to talk like that then he has to take that one on the chin.

I bet he wanted to boot him though when he was stood about 2 foot away from him right on the edge of his technical area.

Any comments disparaging the biggest, dirtiest, classless diving, cheating kean who hasn't even got Klinsmann's charm to fall back on, nor Luke Chadwick's boyish good looks...

...are well deserved as far as I'm concerned.

What the hell is Clattenburg playing at at Stamford Bridge?

First sending off was just about technically correct but was Young really in a clear goalscoring position when the players came across each other? I also felt Young was looking for the foul and had no intention whatsoever of continuing and trying to get a shot away. A bit harsh.

Second one - outrageous. Evans (on a yellow) attempts to chop Torres off at the knee and Torres gets a second yellow for diving. I thought Evans caught Torres but even if contact was minimal the intent was there from Evans. Torres is quite entitled to try and get out of the way imo.

Scandalous. Chelsea down to 9. Cue United going 3-2 up. Another game ruined by the referee.

• Backroom

Glad to see Ivanovic go... little more than a thug. Never liked him. That was the correct call IMO, doesn't matter if Young was looking for it or not.

The second one... incorrect decision. Yes, Torres went down easily and didn't need to, but Evans DID make contact which makes it a foul - therefore it can't be considered a dive in the traditional sense. You certainly can't send a player off for that.

Why does spending alot of money mean you don't deserve it?

You need to spend plenty of money to win the Premier League, we did, Chelsea did, City did and United and Arsenal have spent over the years.

United were extremely lucky with the decisions today but lets be clear, they win things because they are a good team, not because they bribe the referee or whatever.

I don't believe that, that's what Man United fans say.

I didn't say they bribe the referee, I said in most games they get extremely favourable decisions that you could argue get them at least 5 points a season more than the other big teams get with their own favourable decisions....due to them getting "lucky" in the big games...... therefore in a lot of seasons where they have won the title, there is a strong possibility they wouldn't have if the premier league was fair in that respect.

Of course they're a good team, hence why they reach Champions League finals.

Chelsea players have been diving this season so so much. That´s why I felt good today. Yes Young went down easily but there was a contact. Ivanovic knew right away he is sent off. Torres did dive. There was a minor contact also but he had decided to go down. Also Valencia got booked for diving.

Even Phil Neville got booked for diving today. Divngs and two wrong offside calls leaves a bad taste in mouth but there were some brilliant football to see today.

Chelsea players have been diving this season so so much. That´s why I felt good today. Yes Young went down easily but there was a contact. Ivanovic knew right away he is sent off. Torres did dive. There was a minor contact also but he had decided to go down. Also Valencia got booked for diving.

Even Phil Neville got booked for diving today. Divngs and two wrong offside calls leaves a bad taste in mouth but there were some brilliant football to see today.

I disagree completely with that, the incident looks worse every time you view it.

Evans went in over the top of the ball after it had gone and caught Torres on the shin. The only reason the contact was relatively minor was that Torres had already tried to get out of the way.

If Evans was already on a yellow it should have been a second yellow and 10 v 10. Instead he sent Torres of for a supposed dive making it 9 v 11.

I think it's the worst decision I've ever seen apart from Ashby sending off Berg all those years ago.

Think with the United game - the 2nd red (Torres) and the goal was both wrong, BUT the offside was very small, with several players in the way and a very quick move by Hernandez to come back onside...only technology would have spotted that with 100% confidence.

Torres - he went down easily and often does, so its a case of the boy who cried wolf. Either way I still think United would have won against 10 men.

The Liverpool game - thought they were the best side, Everton cheated throughout, diving around and trying to give Liverpool players sly little digs everywhere. The offside decision was much worse in this one, very unlucky for Liverpool.

Torres - there was contact, so it was a foul.....change the rules to "significant contact" but until then Evans should go.

Liverpool disallowed goal - whoever it was, Coates I think, had both his hands on the Everton player pushing them down gaining an unfair advantage and I think that was why the goal wasn't given.

Ashley Young - I really don't like the guy so am probably impartial but he looks as if he purposely cut across Ivanovic so I don't know....if a player purposely obstructs you, it's a foul, but if you just choose to run into them it shouldn't be.......I would tell refs to never give him the benefit of the doubt to try and make him stop diving so often,

English players don't dive. They just "go down easily".

I'm sorry Topman but that statement is pretty ridiculous.

A lot of the worst offenders are English like Young and Andy Johnson.

Not to mention this guy -

There was another compilation video of Rooney dives but that's been taking down now.....I can remember both Rooney and Agbonlahor being booked against us for diving on two separate occasions.

If anything it's the foreign players who go down easily seeing as in their own countries it is actually considered a foul.

• Backroom

Liverpool disallowed goal - whoever it was, Coates I think, had both his hands on the Everton player pushing them down gaining an unfair advantage and I think that was why the goal wasn't given.

The goal wasn't given because the linesman thought it was offside - that's what his flag indicated. He didn't flag for a foul. That's what he should have flagged for, though.

Ashley Young - I really don't like the guy so am probably impartial but he looks as if he purposely cut across Ivanovic so I don't know....if a player purposely obstructs you, it's a foul, but if you just choose to run into them it shouldn't be.......I would tell refs to never give him the benefit of the doubt to try and make him stop diving so often,

Unless Ashley Young has eyes in the back of his head there's no way he's going to be able to run into Ivanovic as the thug is behind him. I'm sure Young was aware of Ivanovic's general position and thought it likely that if he cut across in that direction Ivanovic would clip him, but that's just being intelligent. If one of our players had done that we certainly wouldn't be asking the ref to give Ivanovic the benefit of the doubt would we?

Archived