BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League Happenings

Stuart

I tghink todays sets of results show how difficult a task both qpr and villa face. Neither of these teams appear to have the nous to grind out a winning result even though on paper they have some great players.

Its "heart" they are missing, look at Wigan, Southampton and Reading as well as Newcastles fighting abilities and neither qpr or villa come anywhere near it.

qpr could face huge financial problems with their recent outlays. I bet the fans of the club are hoping that Fernandez doesnt become a victim of the current financial problems being suffered by other club owners.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fernandez has said he'll just leave if they go down.

Cowards way out, leaving them with massive wages and the only owners interested will be like the ones who bought Pompey.

But with Samba, they have a chance of staying up imo.....Newcastle will be safe with them signing a CB to partner Coloccini and Cabaye back from injury.

Wigan, Reading and one more imo, no idea who...probably between QPR and Villa.

• Backroom

Do Villa really have any great players?

I don't see a way out for them at the moment. A team of players who are becoming used to losing (sound familiar?) and a manager who doesn't seem to have an answer to the problems they face.

QPR seem a bit like us last year (but with better players) seem to be able to grind out results against the top teams but struggle against the teams around them. We beat United and Arsenal, drew at Anfield and Goodison, they seem to be doing similar.

For me Aston Villa will probably finish bottom. Very poor.

Reading are putting up an excellent fight but a lack of quality will IMO see them off.

QPR have Remy, Cesar, Samba and Taarabt but lots of crap. They have a chance and I would say they or Wigan will also go.

Really interesting this season, you could make a really good case for any of the bottom five to stay up, even Villa are the sort of club that could easily gather momentum after one good home result.

It would be amazing if Wigan, QPR and Villa all went down though.

Aguero's wonder strike made Gerrards look a bog ordinary hit and hope. WTF Reina was doing though only he knows.

Gerrard has scored similar goals time and time again in his career so it was more hit and hope. If anything, Aguero's looked more hit and hope. Get in on target and hope for the best.

The biggest mistake I feel was Skrtel's. If you see the goal again, he lets Aguero go and leaves Reina to deal with him. Had Skrtel continued to follow him I think the goal would have been prevented.

2 cracking games involving Liverpool. Steven Gerrard has to be the best PL midfielder of all time. At his current age and the intensity he plays with, still manages to produce week in week out for Liverpool. A fantastic player and an honour to watch him play.

Guest Norbert

I do think Liverpool could be right up there in a few seasons time. They need to find a young version of Gerrard, and be clever in the transfer market though.

Guest Norbert

Maybe, maybe not. The problem is that they cannot compete with the two Manchester teams, and Chelsea when it comes to splashing out on the real top talent, so they have to find those who don't get the hype, and teenagers. Rodgers is a very promising manager, and he could probably do it if given a chance and time. Put it this way I genuinely believe he can be better than Mancini, Benitez and Wenger.

2 cracking games involving Liverpool. Steven Gerrard has to be the best PL midfielder of all time. At his current age and the intensity he plays with, still manages to produce week in week out for Liverpool. A fantastic player and an honour to watch him play.

Can I ask if you've got relatives who support Liverpool or do you just have a soft spot for them? Just with this, sticking up for Suarez and you saying you get their team sheets before the game.

Also imo, Lampard is better than Gerrard, mostly for being more consistent, and Scholes is noticeably better. Vieira and Keane as well imo.

Aguero's wonder strike made Gerrards look a bog ordinary hit and hope. WTF Reina was doing though only he knows.

Your aversion to Gerrard is mystifying - is it because he stole the hubcaps on your government-sponsored BMW ?

Gerrard has and continues to be a superb player who was wanted by ManU and Chelsea when he almost left Liverpool a few years ago.

He's carried that club for more than a decade and was outstanding when they won the European Cup.

He's also the England captain.

Get real.

Your aversion to Gerrard is mystifying - is it because he stole the hubcaps on your government-sponsored BMW ?

Gerrard has and continues to be a superb player who was wanted by ManU and Chelsea when he almost left Liverpool a few years ago.

He's carried that club for more than a decade and was outstanding when they won the European Cup.

He's also the England captain.

Get real.

Must be based on the fact that I have never seen him have a good game against the Rovers never mind dominate one. He's good without a doubt but he's massively overrated. People slavishly describing him as a 'worldie' is laughable.

well you can call inestia and xavi massively overrated too because i have never seen xavi do anything but pass a ball sideways and yet people talk about them two as two of the all time greats, gerrard is in/has been his whole career a very average livepool team wheras xavi and inestia are in what is probably considered the greatest club side of all time.

well you can call inestia and xavi massively overrated too because i have never seen xavi do anything but pass a ball sideways and yet people talk about them two as two of the all time greats, gerrard is in/has been his whole career a very average livepool team wheras xavi and inestia are in what is probably considered the greatest club side of all time.

Xavi and Iniesta have made numerous forward passes on their way to playing a major part in winning numerous La Liga's, Champions League's, Euro's and World Cup's.

Maybe there's a reason why they play in "what is probably considered the greatest side of all time"...maybe they're even a key reason why Barca are considered that. I'm sure their fans would agree with that sentiment. Or are you one of them who thinks it's just because of Messi? But how would that explain the Spanish team. Full of great players sure, but think of the quality ones on the bench eg Mata, Fabregas, Cazorla etc. And yet every manager in world football would consider those two guaranteed starters

Maybe there's a reason Gerrard has spent his career at a "very average Liverpool team". Chelsea didn't want to force through a move that time as he doesn't work with Lampard and they probably (and rightly imo) consider Lampard the better, more consistent player.

Barca and Spain's main philosophy is ball retention so that's why a lot of their passes are sideways. I'm pretty sure Xavi made a delightful assist in the Euro 2012 final. I've seen them both do it countless times in La Liga and in Europe anyway.

Against Arsenal once, they were constantly playing passes from outside the area, in behind the full back for the likes of Dani Alves to run onto. Again just a single example.

Gerrard a few years ago was one of the best midfielder's in the world. Scholes was/is definitely better, no questions asked imo. But Gerrard's not on those two's level, and if they were English (and part of the "Golden Generation" :rolleyes:) and Gerrard was Spanish, there would be absolutely no way you'd be saying Gerrard was the better player, if that's what you think.

Let's just say you English have a history of over-rating some of your players - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/2641675.stm

Archived