BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mark Bunn

pick32

http://www1.skysport...eks-Rovers-exit

Think we have already turned down an approach from norwich, i would let him leave if robbo is staying. He is too good to be an understoody in the championship.

To be fair i think he was fantastic last season and barely put a foot wrong. I would rather have him in net than Robbo, at least he manages to dive.

No way. Robbo should be backed by the vast majority on here. The guy's a total legend in my eyes, even more so as it seems he's decided to stay with us and not kicked up a fuss about leaving. He gives it his all in every game, single-handedly won us games the season before last and ALWAYS appreciates the fans' support. Possibly the last remaining member of the senior squad with a good relationship with the fans. Won't hear a bad word against him.

No way. Robbo should be backed by the vast majority on here. The guy's a total legend in my eyes, even more so as it seems he's decided to stay with us and not kicked up a fuss about leaving. He gives it his all in every game, single-handedly won us games the season before last and ALWAYS appreciates the fans' support. Possibly the last remaining member of the senior squad with a good relationship with the fans. Won't hear a bad word against him.

So many goals went past him last season without him even attempting to dive. The season before when we was nearly going down he came out on MotD2 and said "I think i'm still in my prime and don't want to play in the Championship" when asked if he would leave us if we went down. Then he changes his mind when he has an awful season and we go down.

Nobody's come in for him that's why he hasnt kicked up a fuss. If someone did and he thought he could play first team football, someone like Reading he'd kick up a fuss in heartbeat.

Don't blame Bunn, to be honest.

He's far too good to be an understudy - a position he's filled for the last four years.

The kid's going to be 28 in November and clearly wants to stretch his legs and get some game time.

Shame, particularly as Robbo is only sticking around because he's too fat and not mobile enough to have attracted any suitors over the summer.

Would much rather go with some younger and more agile talent like Bunn.

Norwich have a promising England gk in Ruddy. It would be going from one bench to an other. He should be looking to sign for a team lacking a solid 1st team gk.

My thoughts exactly, I think he'd have more of a chance to get on the pitch here than at Norwich, he'll never get picked ahead of Ruddy.

What do we want "personality" or results ,for me it has to be Bunn that stays and becomes no1 ,give Robbo no 2 keeper position that`ll soon get him motivated to get back to his old level and keep everyone that insists on "personality" over results happy.

For those that have seen him at Reserve level - is Kean good enough to be our main cover for Robbo ?

I've never seen him at reserve level but he looked alright against Chelsea on the last day.....I can remember them bigging him up on Soccer Saturday once when he was on loan at Hartlepool....then I remember a Hartlepool fan praising him on another Blackburn forum.

Here it is - Hartlepool United Fan In peace here:

It was great to see a former loanee goalkeeper (Jake Kean) on the bench for Blackburn against Liverpool and Manchester United. Don't no how much you know about him but if you ask any Hartlepool United fan they will all highly rate him since he is now only 20 years old.

By the way as far as im aware he's no relation to Steve kean.

While on Loan at Hartlepool he kept 10 Clean sheets in 24 games and straight after leaving us got an England under 20's call up.

He is a great talent in the making and made several world class saves.

Hope your clubs luck improves in the future in the premier league and if Jake ever plays as 1st choice stopper you will not need to worry about him.

For me Bunn would be my number one. I would have taken Robbo off the wage bill. Not much between them. It seems Kean has opted for Robbo which means Bunn will leave. Seems strange to me that this hasn't been sorted out earlier on. Most teams will have their number one keeper sorted by now so Bunn won't have many options. Yet more great planning from Kean.

For me Bunn would be my number one. I would have taken Robbo off the wage bill. Not much between them. It seems Kean has opted for Robbo which means Bunn will leave. Seems strange to me that this hasn't been sorted out earlier on. Most teams will have their number one keeper sorted by now so Bunn won't have many options. Yet more great planning from Kean.

Agree 100%

Seems strange to me that this hasn't been sorted out earlier on. Most teams will have their number one keeper sorted by now so Bunn won't have many options. Yet more great planning from Kean.

How do you know it wasn't sorted out earlier - what has been said that made anyone think that Robbo wouldn't be no 1 ?

For those that have seen him at Reserve level - is Kean good enough to be our main cover for Robbo ?

From what I've seen he is an outstanding prospect but he is young and will make mistakes. However, he has impressed in the reserves and to me he has looked far more impressive than Frank Fielding did at that level. Seb Usai has looked decent in the reserves at the end of last season and in pre-season so I think letting Bunn go wouldn't be a disaster at this stage. Bunn needs to be playing first team football and if Robbo stays he isn't likely to get that here.

Bunn has a long history of a hip problem. It surfaced about 3 years ago, he an op in March and broke down with it in pre-season. Is this someone we should be relying on? I agree if he was fit he is better long term bet than Robbo who is happy to hang on because he's a free next summer. By then we''l just have Jake Kean along with all the other rookies, the money having run out.

Norwich have a promising England gk in Ruddy. It would be going from one bench to an other. He should be looking to sign for a team lacking a solid 1st team gk.

Unless Ruddy is on his way to a better team than Norwich ;)

Bunn has a long history of a hip problem. It surfaced about 3 years ago, he an op in March and broke down with it in pre-season. Is this someone we should be relying on? I agree if he was fit he is better long term bet than Robbo who is happy to hang on because he's a free next summer. By then we''l just have Jake Kean along with all the other rookies, the money having run out.

Didn't know about the hip issue, so thats interesting.

If we end up in League 1 next year, I'm sure Jake Kean will do a good job as our No1 keeper.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark go to another Championship club or even a League 1 club as their No1 Keeper. At least he'd be getting a game every week. I'd like to see him stay, but if Robbo's going to stay until his contract is up, then Mark will get little time on the pitch, and so I wouldn't blame him.

In fact, I wouldn;t blame anyone wanting to leave the sorry mess that is Rovers right now. I hope for his sake he gets snapped up and goes on to great things. Best of luck !

If you honestly think we'll be in league one next year then I suggest you take the 20/1 odds offered by the bookies

I hope you're right. I really do. Regrettably, I have little confidence in the current management. After all, there was "absolutely no way" we were going to get relegated last year. Who knows, maybe we'll go straight back up instead. Show me something to be optimistic about and I'll gladly latch on to it.

What do we want "personality" or results ,for me it has to be Bunn that stays and becomes no1 ,give Robbo no 2 keeper position that`ll soon get him motivated to get back to his old level and keep everyone that insists on "personality" over results happy.

i agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I admire Robbo for his loyalty to the fans and the club so far, but Bunn demonstrated last season that when he gets a run in the team he is well up to the task and definitely more agile than Robbo is now. For me he should be given the No.1 spot and then it is up to Robbo to fight for his place back.

Archived