BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why all the Portugese players?

It seems extremely strange that we have signed/signing so many Portugese players, the lastest being Henrique. Most of them bar Gomes aren't well known.

You have to ask the question, why? and who is identifying these players?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its because our esteemed leader thinks he has an exclusive market to himself ! I mean the other Portuguesers who have made it, the likes of clownaldo, were only doiscovered because he recommended them to RFW and the like. I havent even heard of some of these names and it really frightens me to think that second diovision Portuguesers can easily make the step top the Championship and then the Premiership.

KEANSCUM OUT

To me it just seems like another folly of our folly-ridden numpty in charge.

He obviously couldn't spot a top level player - as proven with his signings (his?) The portuguese thing to me looks like more idiocy, where SK actually believes he is being shrewd. The reason why the most part of these players are cheap/free are the simple fact that the teams do not want them. Adrien Silva was wanted by his club and other clubs, hence why he didn't sign.

As mentioned in another thread - the fans, or someone in particular needs to view these players and make a blog/diary of their appearances/performances. If local/academy youngsters are missing out on game time because of SK's idiocy, it could affect our recruitment process for years.

Who wants to join an academy with a success rate tarnished by the recycling of average foreign players?

Also this again highlights the "cheap imposter" our beloved club has become. Replacing experienced in EPL players with cheap imports sums up the seemingly destructive club mantra.

The best metaphor for this; We had Martin Olsson (we may still but its not the point) - we have all but replaced him with Markus Olsson - Someone who looks the same, sounds the same, yet costs a lot less and isn't quite as good.

The Blackburn Rovers you see today, is just a cheap imposter of the club we grew up loving.

Most proper managers have a network of contacts in the game they use to facilitate transfers and whatnot. Our Steve has a bloke whose boots he used to clean at FC Neverheardofem giving him tips as a joke.

The reason we're shopping in this market is they're cheap as chips, simple as that, but they're cheap for a reason, they're in the main not very good.

Kean is hoping that buying 5 or 6 cheap Portugese lads, he may just hit lucky and one may turn into a profit.

KEAN OUT

Someone in Portugal is making an absolute mint out of selling/pushing players, who in the main aren't wanted by their own clubs, to Steve Kean. We have to remember that if we don't make it back to the PL this season, then these are the lads we'll be left with. Frightens me what's happening down at Ewood.

What's Shebby doing now? One phone call to Mrs D from Stevie boy and he seems irrelevant. He was supposed to be turning the club around but nothing seems to have changed. Kean reigns supreme.

Kean can converse with them without anybody else having a clue what he is telling them.

But can he?

Remember Kean tells lots of lies, probably can just about say a few words, like 'Um copo de vinho tinto por fav' (a glass of Red Wine please) or

'Alguém disparou minha bebida' (someone spiked my drink)

Apart from Nuno Gomes, they are all a bunch of unheard of, cheap players with a decent touch. Kean either thinks that he has pulled off a master stroke by signing players from an untapped market and will discover the new Rui Costa or Figo, or someone, somewhere is making a good bit of money off these transfers which could lead to a healthy bonus for someone.

The closeness of all these Portuguese teams to one another is pretty interesting all within a 25 mile radius. Edinho Junior when linked to Celtic earlier last season was reported to be the son of Edinho who played for Dunfermline and Bradford. Amazingly Steve Kean played in Portugal, can't say I haven't seen anything similar in football look at how many ex-Man Utd players Steve Bruce has signed and even his own son. The only question mark with all these Portuguese players (excluding Nuno Gomes) is do they have the attributes and qualities required to play in the Championship.

The closeness of all these Portuguese teams to one another is pretty interesting all within a 25 mile radius. Edinho Junior when linked to Celtic earlier last season was reported to be the son of Edinho who played for Dunfermline and Bradford. Amazingly Steve Kean played in Portugal, can't say I haven't seen anything similar in football look at how many ex-Man Utd players Steve Bruce has signed and even his own son. The only question mark with all these Portuguese players (excluding Nuno Gomes) is do they have the attributes and qualities required to play in the Championship.

Steve Bruce signing Man Utd players is hardly comparable to some agent pushing young Portugese lads Kean's way.

They didn't look like they had the attributes for League two against Rochdale.

And not being funny but I didn't even know Edinho was playing against Leicester, such was his contribution.

Steve Bruce signing Man Utd players is hardly comparable to some agent pushing young Portugese lads Kean's way.

Sorry I needed a smiley face to go with that, was just an observation that managers like going for players from clubs they are familiar with. Sadly Bruce is familiar with his old clubs, Souness brought us many players from clubs he used to be associated with and now Kean brings us unknowns from Portugal. The contrast is massive but if Mark Hughes was here with players of quality being pushed by agents I doubt many would be complaining.

The contrast is massive but if Mark Hughes was here with players of quality being pushed by agents I doubt many would be complaining.

Mark Hughes usually got his managerial roles on merit though, not through his agent - also, Sparky is not a lying, devious piece of shyte so a few differences between the two.

Hughes also knew what he was doing and always had a burning desire to win as a player and manager.

• Moderation Lead

Kamy reporting on twitter that it raised a few eyebrows and if the deals are linked to the same agency, there could be trouble ahead with the footballing authorities....

I'm just very happy that I decided not to put any cash the way of these con men disguised as football manager, agent, Global advisor or football club owners.

Me too.

Of all the things Kean has said this is the one that bothers me the most;

“You can measure results in different ways – your points, your improvement, or the price that everyone is worth.”

Steve Kean, Blackburn Rovers Manager

Archived