BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Agnew/Shaw versus Currie/Battersby

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In October 2011 Battersby and Currie visited and met with the Raos in Pune following an invitation. This has been well publicised since. They are well connected both financially and professionally within the game and more importantly Rovers through and through but have been rebuffed. They could have been the ideal conduit but most importantly would have overseen the protection of our heritage and future

Agnew and Shaw have appeared from nowhere since and I guess couldn't give a stuff. More importantly why were they chosen over and above and what are the motives?

In October 2011 Battersby and Currie visited and met with the Raos in Pune following an invitation. This has been well publicised since. They are well connected both financially and professionally within the game and more importantly Rovers through and through but have been rebuffed. They could have been the ideal conduit but most importantly would have overseen the protection of our heritage and future

Agnew and Shaw have appeared from nowhere since and I guess couldn't give a stuff. More importantly why were they chosen over and above and what are the motives?

Because they back Kean!!! He has surrounded himself with people who will back him till the end!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS????

Two are very successful businessmen in their respective field and are Rovers supporters, the other two are ex PNE board members one once wrote a decent book about Tom Finney and runs a small PR Agency with his wife , the other sells shelving and depending who you speak to supports either Everton or Man U.

Based on the above and not on, one particular person whilst a contractor at the club threw his support behind Team Kean and is rumoured to be behind the clubs successful declare war on the supporters incentive , one of them and his mate currently have positions on the board of Rovers. The other two's expertise is in the financial sector so will be kept well away from the club

Worth watching as Team Shebby's recent strike in the transfer Market might lead to a power shift at the club and we might see some of the snakes slithering out of the Team Kean nest ,as a snake does whatever it needs to do to keep feeding

Eh? It's like trying to compare apples and oranges. Two are successful local businessmen who want to OWN Blackburn Rovers .... and two are reasonably successful local businessmen who have been EMPLOYED to fill relatively minor administration roles at Blackburn Rovers.

Well.....let me see...

Kean is the man for the raos and he has built a forcefield of yes men. Waste of a thread.

Personally I don't see this as a waste of a thread , certain people and businesses who where/are contractors of the club have possibly benefited by backing kean and their part in the fiasco should be highlighted wherever possible. To what extent their possible involvement pre, during and post takeover will hopefully shed new light on the reasoning behind what has gone on at the club .

I'm pretty sure that Agnew has been connected to Rovers for 20+ years. I seem to remember him having a column in the program - could be a different Agnew though.

According to the reports didn't Battersby and Currie go to India and present a plan for how the Club should be run both financially and operationally and with fans in the front of the communication loop?? If so that probably scared Venkys to death because it would have quickly exposed the skullduggery at all levels within the Club.

No wonder they didn't get a look in after that -in fact last anyone heard from them they hadn't had a word of reply had they?

Its completely scandalous that we have professional . Rovers fans (and its not confined to those two) who could put this Club right where it should be and they get binned off. Does that not tell everybody what they need to know about the ruination of our Club??

Did i read that Philipl recently stated they were still around if the situation did arise?

Eh? It's like trying to compare apples and oranges. Two are successful local businessmen who want to OWN Blackburn Rovers .... and two are reasonably successful local businessmen who have been EMPLOYED to fill relatively minor administration roles at Blackburn Rovers.

Can't disagree with this.

Because they back Kean!!! He has surrounded himself with people who will back him till the end!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS????

In answer to your question I've been as close to the club I love during the past 2 years just as much as I have for past 45. That having been said, I share everyone's current frustrations.

The reason for my post was why were the two Ians rebuffed as prospective Directors and Custodians of both The Club and Venkys financial involvement. The only reason they decided to attempt to be prospective owners was born out of desperation from the Venkys rebuff and ultimate concern for the club they love.

If it is generally considered that Agnew, Shaw are Kean's cohorts then I would consider that keeping the 2 Ians at the forefront of people's minds as an alternative would be a massive positive hence the reason for the original post

I know them both very well. 2 very experienced and very juicy Valencia Navels compared with 2 extremely whithered 2008 Braeburns from Iceland

Just to correct you, the Ians would ideally not like to own Blackburn Rovers but would have an alternative if it was to save the club.

Their objective last year was to provide a professional and experienced management structure backed with the finances promised from Pune. Rebuffed and the rest is history.......for now

I just want to keep these 2 at the forefront of everyone's mind

Err....I agree.

I know them both very well. 2 very experienced and very juicy Valencia Navels compared with 2 extremely whithered 2008 Braeburns from Iceland

Just to correct you, the Ians would ideally not like to own Blackburn Rovers but would have an alternative if it was to save the club.

Their objective last year was to provide a professional and experienced management structure backed with the finances promised from Pune. Rebuffed and the rest is history.......for now

I just want to keep these 2 at the forefront of everyone's mind

Not sure where you are trying to go with this Darren??

As much as we would all love to have 2 Rovers fans running the club on a completely proper basis the fact that these 2 are switched on and know what they are doing will have put Venkys on red alert!! Thats why they have been binned off .

So what do you mean by keeping them at the forefront of everyones mind? whats the point of that if Venkys aren't playing ball?

I am not sure where you are trying to go with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you are trying to go with this Darren??

As much as we would all love to have 2 Rovers fans running the club on a completely proper basis the fact that these 2 are switched on and know what they are doing will have put Venkys on red alert!! Thats why they have been binned off .

So what do you mean by keeping them at the forefront of everyones mind? whats the point of that if Venkys aren't playing ball?

I am not sure where you are trying to go with this.

Firstly I apologise for not replying earlier.

Just thought that the 2 Ians should be prevalent in all the action groups minds as a common solution between them is sought.

I wasn't intending going anywhere with the thread other than asking the original question?

IB is a fan thick and thin of 45 year standing, Commited, well connected within the game. IC a commited fan of 35 years also well connected within the game. Both are extremely astute financially and extremely successful in business.

There's no comparison with Agnew and Shaw.

So why........?

Wouldn't it be so easy for Madame D, Belaji et al to put us all right because without that we all apply logic. Based upon logic and fact there cannot be anything else other than something sinister going on.

Sinister only morally by the way because in a business sense it could be just that, just business. In the cold business world, morals are bottom of the pile, top are money and power. Unfortunately I think unless there is some divine intervention, we as lifelong supporters will just become collateral damage.

So supporters groups get your ###### together and unite behind one group and have one set of objectives and have a solution to unite behind, whatever that may be.

Firstly I apologise for not replying earlier.

Just thought that the 2 Ians should be prevalent in all the action groups minds as a common solution between them is sought.

I wasn't intending going anywhere with the thread other than asking the original question?

IB is a fan thick and thin of 45 year standing, Commited, well connected within the game. IC a commited fan of 35 years also well connected within the game. Both are extremely astute financially and extremely successful in business.

There's no comparison with Agnew and Shaw.

So why........?

Wouldn't it be so easy for Madame D, Belaji et al to put us all right because without that we all apply logic. Based upon logic and fact there cannot be anything else other than something sinister going on.

Sinister only morally by the way because in a business sense it could be just that, just business. In the cold business world, morals are bottom of the pile, top are money and power. Unfortunately I think unless there is some divine intervention, we as lifelong supporters will just become collateral damage.

So supporters groups get your ###### together and unite behind one group and have one set of objectives and have a solution to unite behind, whatever that may be.

Who owns rovers will never be something the supporters will be able to decide, as we aint got the Keys, Venkys have.

Both Currie and Battersby are Rovers supporters, does this mean they are the right people to own the club??

Any more right than you or the other thousands of supporters out there?

I dont want to go into the do's and don't of this, however what I will say is, I had over an hour telephone call with Jerome Anderson just a few weeks ago, and the story Battersby gave was rather different than the one Jerome Anderson gave.

I probed on this board for a number of weeks for the truth regarding the meeting held in Pune with Battersby and Currie , after some reliable information came to us during the time we was putting the dossier together for the Premier league.

Battersby failed to tell Wayne Wild of his relationship with Anderson around the time they was going to do a joint venture, what followed when they was quizzed on it, was a phone call within hours from Anderson to Wild , which I think Wild documented at the time in a blog, I'm sure the blog is still out there somewhere, but to say Wayne was disappointed is an understatement.

On the basis of what I was told, which was quantfied by Jermone Anderson, (We did try and make contact with Battersby at least 20 times) then I would not as a person back a Battersby takeover. His relationship with Anderson is far too cosy, as it is with Kean (Golf) .

I know I will get a load of stick for this post, but I can only write this from a personal opinion from the information I have been privvy to

Glen, I'm sorry mate but I really shouldn't be surprised by your post but I am, enough said.

I think you've done a great job to date, without telling grandmothers how to suck eggs, IMO you would be far more effective in pulling everyone together as a united force.

I don't wish to be drawn any further on the subject you eluded to because clearly I may know a bit more with regards to fact than your goodself

That said I can't see any relevance in any of it at all in relation to the thread title, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are an advocate of Shaw/ Agnew however, I'm sure we would all appreciate your views.........

Glen, I'm sorry mate but I really shouldn't be surprised by your post but I am, enough said.

I think you've done a great job to date, without telling grandmothers how to suck eggs, IMO you would be far more effective in pulling everyone together as a united force.

I don't wish to be drawn any further on the subject you eluded to because clearly I may know a bit more with regards to fact than your goodself

That said I can't see any relevance in any of it at all in relation to the thread title, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are an advocate of Shaw/ Agnew however, I'm sure we would all appreciate your views.........

The post is relevant in this thread as its a Shaw/Agnew V Currie Battersby thread.

On Shaw and Agnew, I have met with both individuals , Shaw is not well liked by North End fans , and his relationship with Agnew no doubt was the reason he got the job at Rovers. Both have done similar roles at another club and Paul is a Rovers fan.

Who sits in the boardroom or who holds the keys to rovers is of no interest to me providing they look after the club, and run it as ethically as possible,

Over the last 2 years, outside entities have drained the life out of the club for personal gain and wealth. What remains is a shadow of what was purchased.

So its not a case of choosing the current board over Battersby / Currie , its just stating I would not back a Battersby /Currie takeover, and I think its quite mis-judged of you to think I know little of this situation as I have spent the last 12 months disecting absolutely everything which has occured in and around rovers over the last 2 years. (You dont get to sit down with all the footballing bodies and Parliament on a "Can I come and see you please") It would be quicker to tell you who we have not spoken to, than the ones we have.

I'm fully aware of many on this board who know both individuals, and have lots of good things to say about both, No-one is doubting their support for rovers. But I also know alot of people who also know both, and more importanly not only on a personal level but also a professional level.

Football is a close knit business were everyone does litterally know everyone, from the girl in the club, to the body guard, to the kit man

This is not a case of me pinning my colours to a supporters takeover or any other takeover as I have always maintained the best scenario is Venkys run the club well, and the past is put in the past. However the Anderson conversation I had just backed up everything I had been told.

I would say I am somewhat surprised and disappointed in what you have said.

I for one had previously thought that your unstinting efforts in uncovering some "dirt" as an explanation for the shenanigans at the club may have had some credence. After all surely there must be some logical explanation!

I am quite happy to go on record in stating that IMO neither IB or IC would compromise BRFC in any way shape or form for personal gain. Quite the contrary applies.

I would say I am somewhat surprised and disappointed in what you have said.

I for one had previously thought that your unstinting efforts in uncovering some "dirt" as an explanation for the shenanigans at the club may have had some credence. After all surely there must be some logical explanation!

I am quite happy to go on record in stating that IMO neither IB or IC would compromise BRFC in any way shape or form for personal gain. Quite the contrary applies.

I would like to point out that on digging into the goings on at rovers, at no point is Battersby or Currie involved, so if that how my post sounded it was not supposed to. All I do know is Jerome Anderson openly calls them dear friends and his account of the meeting which took place last year with Venkys and Battersby/Currie is not the tale that Battersby/Currie told on the BRFCS Podcast or indeed in answer to a question I posted on here at the time which was answered by Battersby. Its also not the account either told when they sat in a meeting with Wayne Wild last year either.

You do appear to be pushing these two forward as the answer to the supporters prayers and have done for a number of months, could I ask if I may what your relationship with the two is? This may help me, and perhaps other forum posters understand a little more why?

I'm just a football supporter, and I'm cautious of anything surrounding our club now, and when the word Anderson crops up, then i'm extra sceptical.

You would be surpised of the stuff we get told , things from people's boot deals (Tugays comes to mind) to who plays golf with who, and where.

I have asked on a number of occasions for Battersby to meet with the action group, because if he is a credible buyer surely he would be better placed to have the groups full support along with the rest of the supporter base? Each time he has said due to legal wranglings, he cant meet with supporters, this sets the wrong alarms off, in my mind

Archived