BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Away Game

missed the 2000 game but went to the FA cup game couple years later , shyte game , freezing weather , only memorable moment was the naked breakdancer , and it must of been REALLY cold ....if u know what i mean :closedeyes:

this year the lad wants to come , he's 10 , and for that , yes i will be grateful of the official away travel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of hype surrounding these games but to be honest if the Police restrictions were not in place there would be trouble both at Burnley and Blackburn and people would probably end up being badly hurt....better safe than sorry it really is as simple as that.

The draconian ticket sales to Rovers fans in 2000 was strangely not applied to Burnley fans who had their tickets put on open sale!

my grandad once told me that in the old days (dont know exactly when he was talking about - 20s/30s/40s?) the fans used to all swap ends at half time and have to walk past each other en masse, with crowds at this time of 50/60,000+ it must have been proper carnage, he said there was usually trouble with burnley.

Boxing Day 1977 & 1982 were brilliant, 78 we went with a poor side & lost, unhappy memories

In 82 a few of us arrived quite late & the Rovrs half of Longside was already full

We paid in the Bee Hole End - luckily I've hardly ever worn colours or scarves,- Garner scored early and it was carnage!

A few Rovers fans were helped over the fence after celebrating & getting clobbered so I joined them rapid fashion after somehow not being spotted

Lost count of the people who thought we'd been arrested as we were marched round by The Plod but amazingly after we had even taunted the home bench en route they let us in the away section!

1977 was the greatest day of my Rovers-supporting life pre-title win

Not a single camera recorded the epic 3-2 win. I'd pay a grand To see it again

Me too Meadows, I also found myself in the Bee Hole that day, we were directed there by the plod who had deemed the away end to be full. I was 15 at the time, and very nearly ###### myself when it all kicked off on that end. I recall a big bloke pushing a copper out of the way and opening the gate onto the pitchside path, rapidly followed by me, my mates and a load of other Rovers fans. Being able to abuse the Burnley bench from close quarters was one of the highlights of the day! We were then squeezed into the cauldron that was the away end of the Longside, I don't know how because it was absolutely jam packed solid. The only downside was that my Dad spotted all this from his seat in the Cricket Field and gave me a right royal bollocking when we finally made it back to the car after the game.

Edit: An away day at the Turf is always going to seem tame after that day.

Interesting statistics. Burnley's gate for their first home game against Bolton was 1000 higher than their best gate of last season, while the gate for their second home game, against Brighton, was 1000 lower than their worst league gate of last season. Mmmmm!

Have to disagree on the atmosphere, I thought 2000 was pretty poor, with more tension in the crowd that anything.

The last visit in the premiership was magnificent, not from the home fans they were poor as usual, but the away end never stopped singing from start to finish, the cricket field stand was bouncing at one point, exceptional support, best I can remember.

My dad tells me boxing day 78 was the best, anyone?

WAs an absolutely stellar day out, or maybe it was 76 or 77 don't remember

Been to every Burnley game home and away since i've been alive...

The game in 2000 we went in the car so no OTT measures then. All 3 away games have been an amazing atmosphere from the rovers end. The Dingles tend to remain quiet for some reason.

Looking forward to it again, I think we're more than capable of turning them over, but under Coco i'd probably take 2 draws right now.

Heard plenty od stories from the old days from various family members... doesn't sound like it's ever lost it's edge. Playing them every few years instead of every season always adds a bit of extra spice I think!

COYB!!

Been to every Burnley game home and away since i've been alive...

The game in 2000 we went in the car so no OTT measures then. All 3 away games have been an amazing atmosphere from the rovers end. The Dingles tend to remain quiet for some reason.

Looking forward to it again, I think we're more than capable of turning them over, but under Coco i'd probably take 2 draws right now.

Heard plenty od stories from the old days from various family members... doesn't sound like it's ever lost it's edge. Playing them every few years instead of every season always adds a bit of extra spice I think!

COYB!!

excactly why i think our's is such a great derby , all the so called "big" derbies are played every year

I always smile when the collective of televisual types get together to cream over 'el classico' or the Manchester derby etc, talking as though those fans are somehow more passionate than Burnley and Rovers fans - or Southampton and Portsmouth etc etc.

Based on what I've seen, admittedly mainly via TV, then, with the possible exception of a couple of games in Turkey and South America, I don't think any of these so called big derbies come close to the intensity and hatred of the little old East Lancs Derby. The list of things I wouldn't swap for a victory in those games is very very short

I always smile when the collective of televisual types get together to cream over 'el classico' or the Manchester derby etc, talking as though those fans are somehow more passionate than Burnley and Rovers fans - or Southampton and Portsmouth etc etc.

Based on what I've seen, admittedly mainly via TV, then, with the possible exception of a couple of games in Turkey and South America, I don't think any of these so called big derbies come close to the intensity and hatred of the little old East Lancs Derby. The list of things I wouldn't swap for a victory in those games is very very short

Fenerbahce-Galatasaray, Boca Juniors-River Plate, Lazio-Roma and Celtic-Rangers are the world's biggest derbies imo.

Rovers-Burnley is up there in England......I know we hate each other immensely but a lot of English derbies can say the same, as well as the Cardiff-Swansea one which I didn't realise was that big until I went to Uni in Bristol.

Then I read an article about Swindon's rivalry with Oxford and they seriously hate each other....West Ham vs Millwall is pretty big....I don't think anyone can really say theirs is the biggest in England imo.....just ones that are up there which ours certainly is.

I think I read Forest vs Notts County is the oldest but ours is the oldest League derby in the world.

Fenerbahce-Galatasaray, Boca Juniors-River Plate, Lazio-Roma and Celtic-Rangers are the world's biggest derbies imo.

Rovers-Burnley is up there in England......I know we hate each other immensely but a lot of English derbies can say the same, as well as the Cardiff-Swansea one which I didn't realise was that big until I went to Uni in Bristol.

Then I read an article about Swindon's rivalry with Oxford and they seriously hate each other....West Ham vs Millwall is pretty big....I don't think anyone can really say theirs is the biggest in England imo.....just ones that are up there which ours certainly is.

I think I read Forest vs Notts County is the oldest but ours is the oldest League derby in the world.

I think you have to put Barca and Madrid in there, especially when in Barcelone, Jason Mcateer said the dingle derby was the most intimidating he had experienced

Ours may not be the " biggest" but it's certainly the best.!

Ask any Rovers fan or,

interbred, mother loving, sister shagging, cousin suckung, bum 4king , 6 finger licking, knuckle dragging, cross dressing, dole grabbing, tripe eating, sheep shagging, brown hole stabbing, claret wearing, self respecting DINGLE

And I'm sure they'll all agree.

There's no derby like an East Lancs derby!

ROVERS TIL I DIE.

Coco does and has circled it as a must LOSE game, just to get back at the fans.

Exactly! In fact I was hovering over my keyboard earlier today with the intention of writing exactly that.......and then I stopped myself with the thought that one of Coco's supporters would be straight on again to tell me I am always saying bad things about the club. This in spite of the fact that I have NEVER said anything bad about the club BRFC itself; (just it's ownwers and so-called manager). I challenge anyone to produce any post I have EVER made that derides BRFC in any way at all.

Exactly! In fact I was hovering over my keyboard earlier today with the intention of writing exactly that.......and then I stopped myself with the thought that one of Coco's supporters would be straight on again to tell me I am always saying bad things about the club.

Fife, Coco has no supporters on here, none. It's reds under the bed stuff.

Yea absolutely nothing is their solution.

Doing nothing? ... I've been constructing chocolate fire guards for the last 18 months .... which has been a marginally more useful occupation than your preferred solution of throwing in-match hissy-fits ... Both have been equally unsuccessful in getting rid of Kean ... but at least my 'hobby' didn't aid and abet relegation.

Yea absolutely nothing is their solution.

33 years, 4 months and 24 days since we last lost to them in the league.....I'd happily take draws in both games now.

Why worry there's nothing to suggest we are going to lose? It's ten weeks away!! Bristol City is more important for the moment.

Doing nothing? ... I've been constructing chocolate fire guards for the last 18 months .... which has been a marginally more useful occupation than your preferred solution of throwing in-match hissy-fits ... Both have been equally unsuccessful in getting rid of Kean ... but at least my 'hobby' didn't aid and abet relegation.

coco groupie

Archived