BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What should Venkys do to gain your trust now?

Working on the assumption that Venkys have decided to back BRFC financially, albeit belatedly, what would you have them do now to galvanise support for the club?

It's taken as a given regarding Kean. I once gave him the benefit of doubt regarding his ticket following the overall mismanagement of the club but not now.

Have the Raos passed the point of no return or could they redeem themselves? If so, what should they do...........?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One answer. Ship the feck out.

The future of our club is not safe in their hands. I'd rather watch Rovers in the Conference with proper owners than in the Prem with these Feckwits!

They are an absolute disgrace and the Indian Subcontinent should be ashamed of them...

Azuri, I agree totally with your sentiments.

However whilst it's easy to say feck off, what would your solution be to fill the vacuum?

I've watched the Rovers in the lower leagues for many years previously and enjoyed it but it wouldn't be my choice. If that's your preference, I'm curious why........?

Lh is that the only solution and after that all would be well with the world? What then..........?

In an attempt to make this a meaningful thread, let's assume that Kean is sacked as a starter for 10. Not a yawn......!

After all his professional managerial role has produced appalling results, his personal involvement with the club has hardly covered either himself or the club in glory has it? I don't think you would find one supporter who would agree to him still being manager FFS.

Kean gone, how could Venkys right the wrongs.................?

Azuri, I agree totally with your sentiments.

However whilst it's easy to say feck off, what would your solution be to fill the vacuum?

I've watched the Rovers in the lower leagues for many years previously and enjoyed it but it wouldn't be my choice. If that's your preference, I'm curious why........?

This whole episode has made me realise that being/feeling part of the club is more important than relative success. Fair enough in Jacks golden years we had the success, but we were all part of it, part of the club. I enjoyed my football just as much in the old 2nd and 3rd division. When Jack lifted the Prem Trophy, it wasn't a Club Owner Lifting the cup it was a supporter. He was one of us, and thats why it felt so special. Even if we were to win the Prem Title under venkys I would feel sick to the stomach because they would see it as their success, they would revel in their own glory. The History and heritage of the club are secondry to their percieved self importance. Thats why I believe we must make the club sick, to the point they want rid and then. Tough Love. WE CAN ALL THEN NURSE THE CLUB BACK TO HEALTH. So long as we're are a play thing and there's something in it for them, they will bleed us dry.

I wont give them another penny. Not because I hate them, but because I love Rovers.

Hey Azuri, I'm with you mate.

I've done the rounds too. To be honest hated the last couple of years cause it wasn't my club any more either, never mind the results.

Something that sums it up for me was the JW epitaph poem where "we all got an invite too". I think those days are probably gone but who knows.

Back to the thread, what could they do or change to alter the mindset of supporters and sponsors alike?

Lh is that the only solution and after that all would be well with the world? What then..........?

In an attempt to make this a meaningful thread, let's assume that Kean is sacked as a starter for 10. Not a yawn......!

After all his professional managerial role has produced appalling results, his personal involvement with the club has hardly covered either himself or the club in glory has it? I don't think you would find one supporter who would agree to him still being manager FFS.

Kean gone, how could Venkys right the wrongs.................?

well....if you want more indepth.

Firstly - work with the now ex sponsors to ensure sponsorship of the club, how much revenue are we losing now because there is no shirt sponsor and WEC have pulled out. having key people like wayne wild back on side will put a lot of fans minds at rest.

transparency, is key. John williams used to be a lot more open with the fans over the state of affairs, they should look to go back to this level of openness, especially with the finances, a lot of fans are worried we are going to do a leeds/portsmouth/rangers and there is nothing out there to suggest otherwise.

they should speak to the press like all the time - even if just to debunk the rumours that have been doing the rounds, such as the problem with umbro, or how many staff have actually been sacked. or even if just to announce random things such as academy being upgraded or how they find the league is shaping up.

They need to show that they are knowledgeable about football and the situation at the club, because sometimes it looks like they know nothing and the wool is being pulled over their eyes, some quotes about how many points they believe it will take us to stay up or some quote to show they know about the league e.g. I think Blackpool will do well under Holloway

I think theu should have an extended if not permanent stay in the north west, they should attend multiple games on the bounce and get a full picture of what it takes to run a football club.

they should also apologise to the fans about the way the club has been run so far and reassure us that the same mistakes are not being made.

for me the best thing they can do seeing as they are going nowhere is Sack kean bring in an experienced manager Curbs/Souey.Tugay combo etc...set up a decent structure a dept to deal with getting a shirt sponsor,Stand Sponsor & advertising around the ground hire an experienced chairman to run the club and allow the experienced manager to bring his own players keep Shebby as DOF to work with the new experienced man but final decisions on players to rest with the manager.

For me they should sack the board of directors with immediate effect.. replace them with experienced people who actually have the power and say so over how the club is run including choosing the manager..

With a good board will come the contacts etc to get the sponsorship, manager, players etc etc..

I agree that they should have a vastly increased presence at matches. That is an absolute must. If they are to truly understand the feelings of the fans and the nature of the club they purchased, staying away will never ever provide an insight into this.

But beyond this (and on the above assumption that Kean had been sacked) i can't see how there can be any quick fix for their image. If they talk to the press they are seen as clueless, classless buffoons. If they stay silent they are detatched and hiding the truth. For me, too much toxic water has passed under the bridge for things to be repaired quickly and easily.

We spend money on transfers - they are risking the clubs financial well being.

We spend little money on transfers - they aren't wealthy enough to own a football club or they are pocketing cash from the club.

Barclays won't lend them money - those morally divine people at Barclays can see what a bunch of crooks our owners are.

They pay off the debt at Barclays - They are only clearing the debt so they can sell the club and pocket the cash.

They move the banking to India - Must be something fishy going on

They give the shirt sponsor to a charity - must be because they couldn't secure any coporate deals

They fire the board - this allows them to continue their dastardly plans in the corridors of Fort Ewood.

They appoint new board members - all Keanites anyway so who cares!

They bring in Shebby Singh - This no-nothing clown only answers to Balaji so nowt will change.

You see, the early and most catestrophic cock-ups they made have only served to raise more and more suspicion - and rightly so. I cannot see any means for them to quickly win back the fans. For every action they take there will be understandable doubt from the vast majority. I don't really think this rabble are bad people. They are just bloody clueless as football club owners. The only way, in my humble opionion, for them to win this war is over the long term. The one thing they need to learn is dignity. Attend more games whether form is good, bad or indifferent. No more terrible TV interviews at their tacky palatial homes. No more signings such as Anderson or Ribeiro (despite his resurgence). No more appointments like Vinny Rao. No more chicken adverts. If they begin to look genuine and portray a more dignified persona the media will stop searching for the next tacky misdemeanour. If i were advising them i'd say keep communication to the written word ONLY and employ someone half educated in the art of public relations to oversee these press releases. If over the next 5 years they stuck to this blue print AND Rovers enjoyed even some vague success on the pitch, the ridicule would cease. They will never make the financials of the club available to all and sundry, so a Portmouth style meltdown will never be possible to discount in any other way than successful and continued existance of the club.

Increasing their presence at matches would just increase the amount of abuse they receive.

Firing Kean is a non-negotiable.

Got to be done.

Then so be it. They need to take it on the chin. They can say 'we're in this for the long haul' or 'this is our baby' etc etc... But actions speak louder than words. Hiding away portrays an image of neglect and if they aren't happy with this image then they need to turn up.

Can't disagree with you regards Kean.

Sack Kean. But also expose him for being the lying scumbag he is. Tell us all why he has the influence with in the club that he has had. Tell us the full involvemnt that agents have had at the club. Tell us all why the various events at the club have happened and why and who was responcible.

If they came out and told us the truth as to why they bought the club. Who lead them up the garden path. If they came out and said they were conned into getting involved in the club in the first place. Got badly advised along the way, by this person or that person. In otherwords told us the whole story - the true version - of the past two years.

Then sort the help they require to run the club properly - if they still insist on not selling. Then I would give them a chance.

But nothing at all can be achieved whilst kean is still at the club. Whist they continue to be advised by others who have no love for the club.

They need to sack Kean. Bring in experience football people to run the club. Let others run the club for them who know the business.

Sacking Kean would be a step in the right direction and would put to bed any rumours of corruption. But they’ve a long way to go before getting the fans on side, in fact I’d go as far as to say that they’ll never get the fans on side.

1. Sack Kean

2. Mrs D to issue a full and public apology about the state the club has got into since their arrival

3. Install a high profile manager and write promises into his contract such as regular healthy transfer budgets in each window and full control of transfers.

4. Replace the board with professionals not shelf fitters and creepy Preston fans.

5. Gain promotion to the Premiership and keep us up there for the remainder of their tenure.

I'll never like them, what they've done is unforgivable but I can learn to tolerate and maybe someday even show a little respect to them, much like how the Newcastle fans feel about Mike Ashley. Do I think any of the above will happen?, doubt it.

Archived