BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton v Rovers

Eddie

This attitude has to change.

Whomever is brought in MUST get the fans' backing. Even Black.

Today was Kean's team with Kean's game plan, plus a couple if tweaks by Black, it's far to early to be getting on his back.

I too hope for a quality, experienced manager but it's now more important that we unite behind the team and the club.

Let's allow the ink on Kean's P45 dry before we become "furious" about anything else, eh?

Absolutely Right Stuart. Whoever we get we have to be right behind the manager and the team. We cannot alienate another manager.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just glad this game is out of the way and we have taken a point, especially when you consider the events of last night. We can now use the next week to find ourselves a new manager, start implementing some proper training/tactics and rid the club of anything that Kean left behind.

Today's game was always likely to see Kean's team and Kean's tactics due to the lateness of his decision and the fact he was the one who picked the squad for the game. It may even be that he told Black the team he wanted to play and then Black just copied that. Now though, we should be free and it's time to look forward to our next game with, hopefully, the appearances of a few unusual characters (i.e. bring back Vukcevic!).

The news that the Givet half time substitution was neither tactical or injury, confirmed by Black's post-match interview, is a strange one. Black says he will need to ask Givet why he was substituted??!!

Givet's mental issues again? It would be unfortunate not to have him available for the next few weeks.

The news that the Givet half time substitution was neither tactical or injury, confirmed by Black's post-match interview, is a strange one. Black says he will need to ask Givet why he was substituted??!!

Givet's mental issues again? It would be unfortunate not to have him available for the next few weeks.

That is strange. I wish we'd sold Givet in the summer to be honest, he's more trouble than he's worth. We can never have a settled team with him in it because he'll inevitably get injured or have these weird issues.

He's not even that good, he'll always get exposed because of his lack of aerial ability (Middlesbrough for example).

Givet tore his shirt off at HT and stormed down the tunnel. No idea why.

Certainly does seem that he has some mental issues. He hasn't completed a full match for weeks!

Just as an aside the Charlton players couldn't believe how bad we were. Terrible was the summary.

Where did you see that?

& I'll be behind any real manager, Black isn't a manager i'm afraid.

Where did you see that?

& I'll be behind any real manager, Black isn't a manager i'm afraid.

See what? Givet? He made it quite clear, I wondered at the time what he was doing, as he was walking off at HT just ripped his shirt off and stormed down the tunnel. Guy clearly has issues deeper than Kean.

I think as far as this match is concerned we have to write it off - and be grateful we got a point. Irrespective of which players did or didn't like Kean - it will have been extremely disruptive - and to be fair to Black, he will have had to largely play the tactics as dictated by Kean in the run up to the match.

Givet is a disgrass and one of the many reasons why we wet down last season, his attitude stinks and only plays when he feels like it. He should never be allowed to wea the shirt ever again. Don't know were he gets this hero status as he is not that good as to slow to be a full back and not good enough in the air to be a center half.

Next game will tell us more about the players, Maybe Givet misses his mate.

Givet is a disgrass and one of the many reasons why we wet down last season, his attitude stinks and only plays when he feels like it. He should never be allowed to wea the shirt ever again. Don't know were he gets this hero status as he is not that good as to slow to be a full back and not good enough in the air to be a center half.

Not being funny but he wasn't at all. He was the only defender who gave everything.

As far as I can see our record since Black joined the Club is

Premier League:

Played 17 Won 4 D2 L11

14 points.

Div 1

Played 8 W4 D3 L1

15 points.

Overall: P25 W8 D5 L12

29 points

Now I know primary responsibility for this lies with Kean. but my point is that in my view Black has brought nothing whatsoever to the party.

Is 14 points from 17 Premiership games any better than Kean's record prior to Black joining? I can't be bothered looking that up as well, but I'm guessing not.

Archived