BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton v Rovers

Eddie

Ollsen the footballer isn't suited for the full back position, he just doesn't know how to play there. At his age that says to me he actually doesn't want to play there either.

Considering you weren't even close to spelling his name right, it's hard to take your analysis of his thoughts seriously.

He arrived as a left back. He plays left back for Sweden. He has played left back for us under various managers. What gives you the impression Olsson doesn't want to play left back?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering you weren't even close to spelling his name right, it's hard to take your analysis of his thoughts seriously.

He arrived as a left back. He plays left back for Sweden. He has played left back for us under various managers. What gives you the impression Olsson doesn't want to play left back?

Strange how he came on as a left-wing replacement for Pedersen on his Premier League debut, wouldn't you say?

I'd say he is a better at a left winger than he will ever be as a left back and since his return he has looked uninterested and out of his depth.

That's your argument?

A lot better than saying because someone spelt a name incorrectly their very valid opinion doesn't matter. I could have listed all of the times Olsson has had his best games as a left winger (against the Dingles at the turd springs to mind) and dropped numerous testis at left back but anyone with an ounce of sense would've know that - wouldn't you agree Batman?

I'm not disputing that he's better playing left wing, but I am disputing your statement of "he doesn't want to play there."

Can you find where I made that statement?

I'll save you the time, I didn't make it.

Funny, I could swear I said more than that

I'm not up for nit-picking, I just hate it when people point out when people spell a name incorrectly that they almost lack intelligence or something...personal gripe.

I think he made a very valid point, but I also doubt he has possessed poor Martin and hijacked his thoughts.

Just on the train back from London and reflecting on yesterday's game. Positives were Greenwich village was a nice place to drink pre match, the valley is a nice ground and retains its traditional characteristics, and there was a sizeable away following.

unfortunately the performance was woeful. My sisters fella came to the game as a neutral and commented on how unfit and slow we look. Charlton played with 2 natural wingers, both had pace, they got down their respective lines and caused us problems. Lowe and pedersen can't do that.

Murphy is struggling. The charlton fans booed his every touch; i heard them boo about 3 times. The murphy etuhu partnership is not working and something needs to give. We need somebody in the centre midfield who can run around a bit. Hobby Jackson dominated them in there. For murphys sake it's a good job he wasnt subbed yesterday because it would have been met by cheers from all 4 sides of the ground.

Also Rhodes has struggled in the last 2 games. I don't want to be critical of him because I really want him to succeed. I accept he didn't get any service at all yesterday. But he looks a little on the slow side and seems to get out muscled in the air a lot. Hope he proves me wrong and grabs a hat trick on Wednesday.

I really fear we will get convincingly beat on Wednesday. Forest are a good team. They have plenty of pace. We don't.

All of the above. I got kicked out during half time for smoking, everyone was bloody smoking!

Conceding such a poor goal after the pen was utterly depressing. Murphy will be a problem for us. The new manager needs to be big enough to pull our lot together. Etuhu has 4 more years in him. Class

Any news yet about Givet?

Maybe it is a reflection on our lack of quality defenders but despite his 'issues' I really think he is our best central defender. Comments above questioning his quality are surprising as his last ditch commitment, positioning and passing are at least as good as Dann, Hanley and, erm, oh yes, we don't have anyone else...........a lot of fans seem to like him because when he is fit and playing, he seems to give a damn and displays the quality missing since Samba and Nelson gave up un our corrupt regime. Only fans who think Hanley is a good player would want Givet sold.

Until a new manager signs a very good replacement we will have to nurse him through, and support him.

Ok so I know more about football than Swedish players names. Re My analysis, it's a free country, you can please yourself. He's played at left back for various managers- that's because at Rovers he's only had a centre half ( Givet ) for competition. If we'd have signed a decent, recognised left back do you think he would still be playing left back.? Have you ever seen him have a good game at left back ? Because I haven't. And that includes the games I've seen him play for Sweden. I've seen him play left sided midfield and he looks a player. The free role suits his style of play. Most professional players in his situation would be less than enthusiastic playing in a role they aren't suited to. To me his body language suggests he's not happy, maybe he's not happy at the club, maybe he's not happy at left back, maybe it's a combination of the two.

i think the back 4 needs severe attention , Olsson clearly doesnt want to be here , i dont think any of our right backs are that good and it looks like there's problem between Dann and Givet , this is a problem that any prospective manager has to sort first and foremost

Was easily the worst performance of the season and surprising the crowd were not that much in party mood as I would of expected

Robbo bagged us a point ,

We had no width , no real game plan and in the end was holding on for a point .

Murphy was hassled and wasteful , pedersen was terrible , Lowe looks out of place on the right of midfield .

Defensively some good blocks in first half from Orr n dann prevented a defeat .

We need to get someone in now who is tactically aware , but I do worry that we do not have adequate wingers which players like Rhodes need

Was easily the worst performance of the season and surprising the crowd were not that much in party mood as I would of expected

Murphy was hassled and wasteful , pedersen was terrible , Lowe looks out of place on the right of midfield .

We need to get someone in now who is tactically aware , but I do worry that we do not have adequate wingers which players like Rhodes need

We've got the best squad in the league.

Why have we been second best in almost every game we've played then ? It's not all down to the manager, have the players no pride. I didn't need to be told to close down and challenge for the ball when I was a player, I didn't need to be told about my fitness levels either. The club is rotten through and through at the moment and that's spread to the players attitudes, I'm not sure how many of the old guard would buy into a new regime. I suppose we'll see soon enough but if something isn't done about our fitness levels and mental attitude we'll be going nowhere.

Managers take the credit for fitness levels and the team being motivated so the opposite should be the case as well.....if a few players are uninterested or unfit, then yea, blame the players.....but if it's most or all of the team then something must be wrong at the club.

It's obvious the players have been instructed to back off, I can't even remember the last time we properly closed teams down......are you telling me if you were a footballer you would do it anyway?......players shouldn't have to take it upon themselves to be properly fit or play the right tactics....it's why teams employ coaches and managers in the first place.

Lowe is very over rated, Peds is a pensioner

Who even rates Lowe? The most positive thing I remember reading is along the lines of....does a job at right back, but would probably rather have Henley or Bruno there.

Givet laid into dann on several occasions and at one point appeared too angry to even look at him. interesting to here if anything happened at half time.

Interesting.....has anyone noticed anything like this before?

Are you sure ? We've got the best squad in the league I'm told.

Nuno would be my ace card here, forget running at the defence all the time, he can deliver a ball with bend and pace, give him the ball with the instructions to play it diagonally into the box, Gomez and Rhodes will get onto those, the defenders facing their own goal is the outcome of this, we won the Premier league with those types of ball, difficult to defend, indeed, Beckham made a career out of doing just that!!

Managers take the credit for fitness levels and the team being motivated so the opposite should be the case as well.....if a few players are uninterested or unfit, then yea, blame the players.....but if it's most or all of the team then something must be wrong at the club.

It's obvious the players have been instructed to back off, I can't even remember the last time we properly closed teams down......are you telling me if you were a footballer you would do it anyway?......players shouldn't have to take it upon themselves to be properly fit or play the right tactics....it's why teams employ coaches and managers in the first place.

Are you saying the players are under instructions to allow our opponents to waltz through our team ?

Who even rates Lowe? The most positive thing I remember reading is along the lines of....does a job at right back, but would probably rather have Henley or Bruno there.

Are you saying the players are being told to allow our opponents to waltz through our team at will ?

Are you saying the players are being told to allow our opponents to waltz through our team at will ?

I'm with you Tyrone, I've always said this squad isn't the best in the league, in fact it's very, very short of what's needed. The problem has been two-fold. Poor squad coupled with poor management. We're currently addressing one of these weaknesses, but we'll still be left with the other one. Our problems are far from over.

So by all accounts, and despite how much stick he got, it would seem Shebby was right about MGP?

Truly awful player, and has been for some time. Rovers have been good to him over the years through many bad performances, and should now move away from playing him without feeling any sense of guilt whatsoever

So by all accounts, and despite how much stick he got, it would seem Shebby was right about MGP?

Truly awful player, and has been for some time. Rovers have been good to him over the years through many bad performances, and should now move away from playing him without feeling any sense of guilt whatsoever

He wasn't great yesterday but as I and others have said, Lowe and Murphy were our biggest problems yesterday. Both truly awful.

If I'd have been Shebby I'd have cut my tongue out first. Don't know about the rest of what he said but he was dead right about The Pensioner. Then the tosser has the nerve to mime a walking stick when he scored a goal. He needs a giant kick up the arse more than most.

Archived