BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton v Rovers

Eddie

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys make no mistake about how big a job is on here, we were absolutely woeful and then some. Almost as bad as Boro. I'd say only Etuhu can hold his head up after that.

Lowe was atrocious and Murphy a complete passenger.

That Rovers team is completely devoid of flair and pace and until we get some of that in the side and some organisation we'll struggle to finish top ten IMO. Why no Rochina for 20? Horrible performance.

Had less than 24 hours for the players, backroom staff etc to prepare for the game after Kean's resignation, the squad had already travelled.

More than happy with a point here away from home, we were never going to turn it around overnight!

Of course there is still plenty of improvement to be made but it's going to take time regardless of who the manager is.

• Backroom

Bit harsh on Black guys, only had a few hours to prepare!

Not really, Black's been at the club for months. If he was going to influence things he would have done it by now. Needs to go along with Kean for us to move forward, don't want any remnant of "the regime" remaining. I want the stench of failure completely removed.

Can't help but feel unenthusiastic about the first three and more enthusiastic about the second two.

I can understand what you are saying. just like someone some managerial experience but if either Sherwood or Shearer was appoint then I would back them and give them my total support

Keith Hill isn't a bad manager.

Sherwood has zero experience and Shearer has a miniscule amount of experience. I see little point in replacing a coach with zero experience with first team management with another coach with zero first team management.

Would rather have someone like Newell or Grayson if we're going down the ex-player road.

Sounded just like every other game this season: we were cack and lucky!

V lucky - they nearly scored a couple at the end. Asides from a Gomes volley we offered absolutely zilch after our goal.

Genuinely upset at the lack of pace and creativity on show. As I said, why no Nunes or Rochina appearance? Let's please make an appointment ASAP, this rabble need a big kick up the arse.

I still think the players liked Kean. As bizarre as that sounds to fans, it's well documented that he was well-liked, at least as a coach. If you consider how bad his record was and how virtually no players within the camp hinted at even being against him then that says a lot.

Happy with a point because it can't be easy to focus with off-the-field turmoil. Black is only going to act as Kean's place-holder until a new manager is in place. In fact I hope that's all he does because I don't think I want him as manager!

I thought if they liked kean they would have performed for the ex boss but also if they did not like him they would have performed to prove how bad he was . And the only players who came out and said anything are no longer at the club.

Shearer would be a disaster for us and him. Best bit about it is that his agent will surely have more perception than you ET and not allow him to screw over his cushty media position. Sherwood is an unknown and I'm not sure if it's relevent but whilst a marvellous player in the Prem he couldn't cope with playing in this Div. Macarthy and Hill in this Div will surely be better than Kean and I've a sneaky regard for Hill's record at Rochdale and Barnsley.

Make no mistake though any new manager will have to make us grafting, gritty, uncompromising and damned difficult to beat. We need to be feared and not get a name as pushovers. We will not play our way out of this division with nice triangles alone and for this job most of our Carlos Kickaballs are next best to effin useless.

Keep in mind we have had two years where mediocrity has been met with some form of praise, making it acceptable,fitness levels below where they need to be. It is going to take a little time to fumigate the stench Kean has left behind, I don't doubt some of the players are not going to warm to Black knowing he is only a passing fancy. I have to question the professionalism of some of our players. We need to get well soon, Forest is a big game as is Wolves.

I can imagine some of the players enjoyed the time with Kean, like a student in school enjoys it when they got a laidback substitute teacher filling in.

Kean has no diciplin. A manager has to have an amount of respect of his players as well as a certain distance - not friendly mate like Kean.

The players needs to be afraid of losing the games. Kean only thinks its bad luck or this and that if we lose. A normal manager gets angry and says it like it is.

If Black gor appointed I'd be furious, do not want keans assistant

This attitude has to change.

Whomever is brought in MUST get the fans' backing. Even Black.

Today was Kean's team with Kean's game plan, plus a couple if tweaks by Black, it's far to early to be getting on his back.

I too hope for a quality, experienced manager but it's now more important that we unite behind the team and the club.

Let's allow the ink on Kean's P45 dry before we become "furious" about anything else, eh?

Archived