BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton v Rovers

Eddie

Don't read too much into this performance. Kean's smell is still very much on the players. It's an away point.

My hope thus far is the memory that Mark Hughes got spanked 4-0 in his first 2 games in charge.

The right manager needs picking though and it's not Black.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea well our record isn't great under Black but it wasn't under Clement/Clemence? either and now he's at one of the richest clubs in the world.

With the best assistant in the game, we would have been awful under Kean.....people are saying Kean doesn't listen to players' input concerning tactics and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't allow coaches to do too much either....like the minimum or something.

We do need a new manager though, as soon as......an authority figure who commands respect and can whip our team into shape.....this might not be the case with Sherwood or Shearer.....someone who doesn't take any s**t.....players respond to that usually.

Just got in from the game and sorry if any of this has been mentioned.

Poor performance (apart from Robinson, fantastic I thought), but didn't expect much else, as it was Keans team and preparations.

Great turnout from Rovers.

Little disappointed with some of the players. Only Dunn, Orr, Gamst, Rhodes and of course Paul Robinson bothered applauding the supporters. For me, I've only travelled up from Brighton, but the ones who have travelled down from Blackburn deserved appreciation.

Big double thumbs up to the supporters from Robbo (wonder why!!!) easily my favourite player now. My man of the match and my wife and seven year old nephew agreed!!

Think Venkys need to sweep some of the deadwood away, starting with Eric Black. Why didn't Rochina get on? Lowe was poor today down the right.

Got to start sorting our passing out. Giving the ball away so cheaply.

Been back about 30 minutes from the match. Terrible performance from rovers. Ok up until they scored. Afterwards a shambles. It was obvious that they stuck to intructions given by Kean. After all the timing of kean was good for us, but match preperation. Conversations I had with charlton supporters in the valley cafe. I was surprised at how ignorant supporters from other clubs really are about rovers situation. Travelled back with some fulham fans to the coast - they understood the situation.

Rovers were bad. It can only get better from here.

Little disappointed with some of the players. Only Dunn, Orr, Gamst, Rhodes and of course Paul Robinson bothered applauding the supporters. For me, I've only travelled up from Brighton, but the ones who have travelled down from Blackburn deserved appreciation.

Big double thumbs up to the supporters from Robbo (wonder why!!!) easily my favourite player now. My man of the match and my wife and seven year old nephew agreed!!

Totally predictable who would be there including Orr who knows he has big problems with the Rovers' support following his, IMO, ludicrous behaviour post the Wigan match.

It's absolutely clear that firstly we need a clearout of Black, Hendry and Brunskill. Secondly, I honestly don't think we have a good squad - we have players capable of flashes of brilliance at this level which will get us points, probably not enough for auto promotion, but as a unit, I think we are a shambles.

Our new manager needs to have a dominant personality in order to knock this, IMO, shower of shyte into some sort of shape.

It's going to be a long and painful road back and the sooner we get a new manager appointed the better. As things stand, it's difficult to see us getting anything from Forest away and Wolves at home.

It's absolutely clear that firstly we need a clearout of Black, Hendry and Brunskill. Secondly, I honestly don't think we have a good squad - we have players capable of flashes of brilliance at this level which will get us points, probably not enough for auto promotion, but as a unit, I think we are a shambles.

Wholeheartedly agree. I stand by that we have a very poor squad. Only ollsen has pace at the back, none in midfield or attack.

Wholeheartedly agree. I stand by that we have a very poor squad. Only ollsen has pace at the back, none in midfield or attack.

Well that's three of us who can see the wood for the trees. Our squad is nowhere near strong enough at present, the midfield ia awful, one of the worst in the league on current form.

Keith Hill?

We need to aim higher than lower league no marks.

You're showing your ignorance if you think Hill's a no mark matey.

Well that's three of us who can see the wood for the trees. Our squad is nowhere near strong enough at present, the midfield ia awful, one of the worst in the league on current form.

Kean must have been doing a good job to get fourteen points from seven games then!

Agree with Tyrone above. Midfield is abysmal. Murphy is absolutely ###### at the moment. Etuhu seems to run around, but doesn't do much. On the wing, we are offering nothing, just hit and hope. We have two class strikers, who have shown they can score, but two games in a row they have been given very little (if any) service.

Starts in the middle of the park, and it just isn't working. Dunn did far more than Murphy in the little time he had.

When we signed Murphy I was so excited, thought to myself "He's exactly the type of player we need to kick our midfield into shape." He's proved me wrong so far and its no wonder Fulham let him go.

On the new manager front I don't mind giving a new face a go but it has to be someone who has either played the game at the top level or has been a great success as a coach. Give Black the job and I believe firmly Steve Keans tactics will remain in place.

Agree with Tyrone above. Midfield is abysmal. Murphy is absolutely ###### at the moment. Etuhu seems to run around, but doesn't do much. On the wing, we are offering nothing, just hit and hope. We have two class strikers, who have shown they can score, but two games in a row they have been given very little (if any) service.

Starts in the middle of the park, and it just isn't working. Dunn did far more than Murphy in the little time he had.

We need to sort the midfield out pronto. We've absolutely no penetration out wide, nothing comes from our wide players getting behind teams. Nobody from central midfield gets beyond the front two. Everything is played in front of our opponents. Watch the games on the championship tonight and see how many goals come from a wide player getting in behind the opposition back four. The way we play it's Easy peasy for defenders, they've got their direct opponent and the ball in view at all times. Pedersen and Lowe ! Do me a favour, most players could run faster than them running backwards.

Archived