BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vukcevic

Anybody who can make Ashley Cole look stupid & give him the run around when Montenegro played England you would have to say he is a class act and also for someone like coco to keep boasting about qualifying for the Champs Lge to not play a player who has won that coveted trophy shows just how out of their depth coco and Black really are I had no doubt in my mind he would be class under the right manager this guy was always going to flourish. I mean it also goes to show how the clown could come out with such rubbish like Simon is behind Formica in the pecking order for that right wing slot even though last season Formica was total rubbish makes it even more baffling why this guy has never been given a proper chance I just hope with Berg this guy is given a proper chance and starts more often. Topman has it spot on funny how a new manager can change things. I only hope now he can break his scoring duck had a couple of really good shots that keepers have had to save well.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only problem is trying to fit them all into the team, proves how ridiculous the transfers made under kean where, we have at least 8 quality players all fighting for the attacking midfield/winger positions but only 2 good centre backs in givet and dann(but there always seems to be some issue or other with givet).

p.s. sorry but Grant Hanley is flippin awful, his reaction times are sooo sloooooowwww!

The only problem is trying to fit them all into the team, proves how ridiculous the transfers made under kean where, we have at least 8 quality players all fighting for the attacking midfield/winger positions but only 2 good centre backs in givet and dann(but there always seems to be some issue or other with givet).

p.s. sorry but Grant Hanley is flippin awful, his reaction times are sooo sloooooowwww!

he was like a statue for big clubs goal

Glad to see Simon is steadily proving the doubters wrong.

Teams that go up automatically from this division are the ones with players a class above. Simon is definitely a class above if we can find enough from the Kean dross to fit around him in a unit that works going forwards and defensively.

Teams that go up automatically from this division are the ones with players a class above.

That's not always true. Southampton and Reading didn't have individual players a class above other teams in the division, they were just better as team units. Countless other examples in the past as well.

The obvious change for me would to bring Simon in on the left wing for Markus Ollson.

He played well when he came on vs Birmingham, but you've got to remember hat he's hardly played any football in the last year, so he can only get better.

Vukcevic, rochina, Formica... got some skillfull players in the side at the minute. I'm glad Berg is giving them a chance.

That's not always true. Southampton and Reading didn't have individual players a class above other teams in the division, they were just better as team units. Countless other examples in the past as well.

Southampton spent quite a bit, indeed, Jack Cork was probably the best midfielder in the division, Ricky Lambert was the leading goalscorer, half the season they had Billy Sharp who was one of the top strikers in the championship.

Southampton spent quite a bit, indeed, Jack Cork was probably the best midfielder in the division, Ricky Lambert was the leading goalscorer, half the season they had Billy Sharp who was one of the top strikers in the championship.

Yeah they had some good players who had very good seasons, but those three you mentioned weren't "a class above". You could pick several other players in the division who were at least their equal in terms of ability.

Disagree about Nunes, his final ball isn't just poor .. It's flipping disgraceful. Not ready for the first team yet. I'd like tosee raheem Hanley etc on the bench

I would have to disagree with you there, I think he's put some cracking balls into the box, the best of which for Gomes against Barnsley. Inconsistent delivery yes but not disgraceful in my opinion.

Disagree about Nunes, his final ball isn't just poor .. It's flipping disgraceful. Not ready for the first team yet.

Funny how we all see things differently. Nunes would be one that i'd like to see given a chance as opposed to Formica.

Nunes' crosses have either been exceptional or poor. His first touch against Brum was a cracking ball whereas his second cross was dreadful.

His speciality i'd like to think is a low, hard cross, bending away from the keeper, just behind the defenders perfect for a striker to run onto, just like Gomes winner v Barnsley.

The key has to be in the timing of the whole situation for it to be executed to perfection.

• Backroom

I rather think Vukcevic is the missing RM link. I could easily see THIS 4-5-1:

Robbo

Henley Dann Hanley MartOlsson

Etuhu Murphy

Simon Nunes

Rochina

Rhodes

And once you have Givet in contention for a CB or LB position, it starts to look a much more formidable side.

Robbo

Etuhu Murphy

Simon Nunes

Rochina

Rhodes

And once you have Givet in contention for a CB or LB position, it starts to look a much more formidable side.

With Gomes coming on for Rochina if needs be.

Robbo

Etuhu Murphy

Simon Nunes

Rochina

Rhodes

Personally I don't think we can play Murphy and Etuhu as it stops us from getting enough people forward. I would play Simon with 1 of them and have 2 proper forwards on and put Rochina out wide.

• Backroom

Personally I don't think we can play Murphy and Etuhu as it stops us from getting enough people forward. I would play Simon with 1 of them and have 2 proper forwards on and put Rochina out wide.

Kean played Rochina on the wing. I think he's wasted there. I'd either play Rochina in Murphy's role or behind the front man. While we only have one out and out striker, Rochina's the guy to play behind him. Then Gomez on for some impact later on.

Anybody who can make Ashley Cole look stupid & give him the run around when Montenegro played England you would have to say he is a class act and also for someone like coco to keep boasting about qualifying for the Champs Lge to not play a player who has won that coveted trophy shows just how out of their depth coco and Black really are I had no doubt in my mind he would be class under the right manager this guy was always going to flourish. I mean it also goes to show how the clown could come out with such rubbish like Simon is behind Formica in the pecking order for that right wing slot even though last season Formica was total rubbish makes it even more baffling why this guy has never been given a proper chance I just hope with Berg this guy is given a proper chance and starts more often. Topman has it spot on funny how a new manager can change things. I only hope now he can break his scoring duck had a couple of really good shots that keepers have had to save well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Vukčević

Who has he won the champions league with?

He did look good against Birmingham though when he came on.

Archived