BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vukcevic

Nah Porto are the only Portuguese team to win it in the last 50 years since Benfica and Eusebio.

He certainly played in it though....I always recognised his name from how good he used to be on Football Manager.

Explains everything.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explains everything.

Care to elaborate?

I never actually base how good a player is on there to how good they are in reality....or I would consider Kim Kallstrom and Javier Saviola to be world-class superstars.

But I remember players' names because there's a good chance they will go on to become excellent players in real life.....just like what happened with Aguero, Ibrahimovich. Ronaldinho and countless other examples.

I have always been a fan of Vukcevic because of his brief performances against Swansea, Arsenal and Sunderland and due to us playing Formica, Goodwillie, Pedersen etc on the wing instead....not because he was good on a computer game.

• 2 weeks later...

Great potential allegedly.

Daft as it may appear, has anyone considered Simon's desire to become a monk as a potential issue?

That's reality!

Is there any truth to this? Apart from comments on this MB I've heard nothing to back this up.

Daft as it may appear, has anyone considered Simon's desire to become a monk as a potential issue?

I can't see that being an issue when he's on the bench. At least when 2 - 0 down at home it'll give Henning an excuse to get a proper monk on.

I'll get me cassock.

I wonder what he's like in training. Maybe he trains really badly with no effort or evidence of wanting to be part of the team. We don't know what goes on at brockhall.

I don't think Berg would suffer that. Hence CKR's exclusion from the first team.

Like most things in life, it probably comes down to money.

• Backroom

I continue to be astounded that this guy can't make the starting eleven.

We won the game before the last one 4-1 and played well the week before he was never going to change that team

For me now would be the time to change it, Rochina was poor on Saturday and is better as an impact player I think.

Here's my take on the Simon situation.

Berg comes in, very much giving the impression he's his own man.

Spots Vukcevic in training and thinks 'Hey, this guy ain't half-bad!'

But Shebby tells him Vukcevic's contract clauses are too expensive.

However, as not to undermine the new manager and upset the apple cart, they compromise to use Simon as a sparring 'supersub'.

Just throwing that out there. I'm sure the usual suspects will say their piece, but I just can't see any genuine reason why this guy keeps getting overlooked in our current state. If the team was flying, sure, no one would care. But they're not.

Care to elaborate?

I never actually base how good a player is on there to how good they are in reality....or I would consider Kim Kallstrom and Javier Saviola to be world-class superstars.

But I remember players' names because there's a good chance they will go on to become excellent players in real life.....just like what happened with Aguero, Ibrahimovich. Ronaldinho and countless other examples.

I have always been a fan of Vukcevic because of his brief performances against Swansea, Arsenal and Sunderland and due to us playing Formica, Goodwillie, Pedersen etc on the wing instead....not because he was good on a computer game.

Whatever happened to Cherno Samba or Tonton Zola Moukoko...?

I think there must be another explanation as to why Simon doesn't play, but it's bizarre that we've not heard him complain.

He's an established international for a decent side and came with quite a decent reputation, yet has barely been used for Rovers.

You'd expect as a player, he'd be furious and publicly asking for more game time.

Strange indeed.

Surprised he didn't start last night and absolutely staggered when he wasn't brought on.

IMO, he's a class above any of our existing midfield or 'in the hole' players.

Regarding Simon, I think there is either something sadly wrong at our club or Berg is simply Kean mark 2.

Surprised he didn't start last night and absolutely staggered when he wasn't brought on.

IMO, he's a class above any of our existing midfield or 'in the hole' players.

Regarding Simon, I think there is either something sadly wrong at our club or Berg is simply Kean mark 2.

Agreed on Simon. Everyone has their opinion. He might not suit us all. Saw him at Huddersfield. It's not pure out of the blue speculation that he is a cracking player. He looks more than comfortable on the ball. But why he isn't in the team is a more intruiging question. As often, I think the answer lies in the more obvious places. Berg has only been here a few weeks. He has to work within the legacy of Kean's divide and rule managerial tactics. I was as disappointed as anyone last night with the performance and result. But the bloke has only just walked into the job a few weeks ago. He had to give King a role, otherwise why bring him in on loan and not play him. If CKR's intensity last night when he came on is anything to go by, Berg has given him the kick in the pants he needed somewhere along the line. That intensity was what we lacked all night. As for Simon, he might have given him a game. But he has to trust his squad and see them perform first-hand in a match. Peds added something when he arrived but he couldn't put all his subs on. Simon won't turn to dust if he misses a couple of matches. He'll get games.We can only trust Berg gets it right in the medium term. After all, the only form that matters is form over a season. Not sticking one over on local rivals. And there have been signs in other games he can turn these players round. Maybe not the Portuguese, though.

Whatever happened to Cherno Samba or Tonton Zola Moukoko...?

I think there must be another explanation as to why Simon doesn't play, but it's bizarre that we've not heard him complain.

He's an established international for a decent side and came with quite a decent reputation, yet has barely been used for Rovers.

You'd expect as a player, he'd be furious and publicly asking for more game time.

Strange indeed.

Which would tend to support the stranger stories going round about him, as opposed to contractual ones. At least to me, anyway.

I think there must be something to do with his personality. Berg seemed to wipe the slate clean then decide to withdraw him again. I can only assume there is something not right in training.

Which would tend to support the stranger stories going round about him, as opposed to contractual ones. At least to me, anyway.

I think there must be something to do with his personality. Berg seemed to wipe the slate clean then decide to withdraw him again. I can only assume there is something not right in training.

In that case, you wouldn't even put him on the bench.

Archived