BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

If McKinlay gets the job I can see a boycott, not by fans currently going to games but those who left at the end of last season/beginning of this season until major change had happened. The removal of Kean was the first step but I suspect for the vast majority of that 10k who didn't renew at the start of the season that they thought getting rid of Kean wasn't going to solve all the problems.

It's clear that the plan by Shebby is to appoint anyone who had ties to Rovers, that's why we have seen Sherwood, Shearer and Mckinlay listed as his targets. Why is this the case? Simple, he thinks that the man coming in would get bums on seats because they were a former player and that the fans would give the new manager plenty of time.

The major flaw in this thought process? Clearly none of the ex rovers out there are good enough or experienced enough to manage this club at this moment in time. Shearer? spent most of his time on the MOTD sofa since retiring and still is doing his coaching badges. Sherwood? Has been the no.3 or no.4 at Spurs for a few years, doesn't have any experience as an assistant or manager. McKinlay reserve/youth coach at Fulham then assistant manager for Northern Ireland, no managerial experience.

We keep getting told that it's promotion or bust for Rovers financially. Well if this is the case why aren't we going out there to get the best manager available, especially someone who has the experience of getting out of this tough league? It's on public record that Shebby said a lot of experienced managers with a decent pedigree have applied for the job, so why aren't they being targeted?

Shebby you need to forget this nonsense about the manager having to be a former Rover, if there isn't a quality candidate out there with that connection then you must simply move on. The fans will accept a decent manager no matter his background.

What's clear to me is that Shebby has an agenda to be unofficial Director of Football and is seeking an appropriate glove puppet.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A boycott at this stage is a bit over the top in my opinion. If Billy McKinlay gets the job I, like most other Rovers fans, would be underwhelmed, but he would get my support. Can't say I was happy when Ince got the job, and back when Roy got it I was disappointed that we didn't get the 'sexy named' Sven Göran Eriksson who we had a previous agreement with. Had Crespo but got Pedersen....It's plain wrong not to give a new manager a chance, if the fans don't then I don't see how the club stands a chance of winning promotion, and then what...?

I'm not happy with Venky's and want them gone, but I think a lot of anger is aimed in the wrong direction.

I can see that happening, or more likely who they don't want

I can imagine that would sound chaotic. There'd be about 40+ names being shouted.

Forget ex-players specifically, if Shebby does want to rekindle a relationship with a former employee of the club then bring back Souness. I'd give my right arm to have him back.

(tash included as part of his T&C's).

this isnt baout sherwood, but mckinlay.

I do not mean to patronise you by spoon feeding you the article.

"They are not willing to put up with another experiment. Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown today."

That fact that The Action Group is the Largest supporters group, suggests that many of Blackburn fans do in fact take the group seriously.

It is all to easy to sit and criticise others who have made an effort, and to be honest makes you look slightly obsessive. Lets look at a statment or comment and find gramatical errors whilst our club is falling to pieces.

You make a good point regarding overseas supporters, strengthening the group it is a no brainer and quite easy, that is the reason we did this several months ago, and now have representation around the world.

And then you continue to go on and state the people with a knowledge of what is going on at Ewood speak to you, well please share this information with us all, as many Rovers fans are confused by it all. Maybe you could enlighten us all?

You're missing the point. It makes BRAG look Tin Pot. A bunch of numpties even. Not a good image. Is the penny dropping? Also is your head up your own arse? Just asking :tu:

Venkys really havent done their homework, did they ever attend school in India?

I sometimes wonder if they wanted to run a Taxi business over heare, as a cheap option, they would have thousands of Indian chaps running up and down the M65 pulling Rickshaws!!

You're missing the point. It makes BRAG look Tin Pot. A bunch of numpties even. Not a good image. Is the penny dropping? Also is your head up your own arse? Just asking :tu:

What do you think of this Moppy?

A boycott at this stage is a bit over the top in my opinion. If Billy McKinlay gets the job I, like most other Rovers fans, would be underwhelmed, but he would get my support. Can't say I was happy when Ince got the job, and back when Roy got it I was disappointed that we didn't get the 'sexy named' Sven Göran Eriksson who we had a previous agreement with. Had Crespo but got Pedersen....It's plain wrong not to give a new manager a chance, if the fans don't then I don't see how the club stands a chance of winning promotion, and then what...?

I'm not happy with Venky's and want them gone, but I think a lot of anger is aimed in the wrong direction.

The appointment would be untenable simply as McKinlay is too closely associated with Kean. That's the crucial difference between himself and Shearer/Sherwood.

Unbelievable that Shebby can't see this.

I sometimes wonder if they wanted to run a Taxi business over heare, as a cheap option, they would have thousands of Indian chaps running up and down the M65 pulling Rickshaws!!

Venkys would consider it a better idea that you moved your destination brick by brick to your current location, rather than get a taxi there, ha ha.

I am not worthy! how do you post items like this and get away with it, are you in the loop,

The appointment would be untenable simply as McKinlay is too closely associated with Kean. That's the crucial difference between himself and Shearer/Sherwood.

Unbelievable that Shebby can't see this.

Shebby is speaking to the wrong people, thats the problem, Arstrong was a mediocre footballer who was fortunate to score a very important goal, that apart, he is a football nobody. The people you speak to are football Chairmen who have interviewed candidates and top managers such as SAF and Kenny, they know the answers to the questions!

The action group have obviously messed up here by tarring Sherwood and other club legends with the same brush as McKinlay.

McKinlay is not wanted anywhere near Ewood for a host of reasons (his friendship with Kean, the last 12 months of his time as a player at the club etc.) whilst as the poll suggests, Sherwood would be accepted by many here. He's not my personal choice but I'd get behind him.

So anyway, we're going to appoint by tomorrow yeah? :(

Get away with what?

Shebby is speaking to the wrong people, thats the problem, Arstrong was a mediocre footballer who was fortunate to score a very important goal, that apart, he is a football nobody. The people you speak to are football Chairmen who have interviewed candidates and top managers such as SAF and Kenny, they know the answers to the questions!

Totally agree re - speaking to the right people but the politics of appointing McKinlay are a separate issue which everyone bar Shebby can see with bells on.

Firstly, grow up.

Secondly, read the actual article we are all talking about...

http://www.independe...ay-8222069.html

The actual term was "meltdown."

I suggest you have a serious read back of any response you offer.

this changes absolutely nothing, as i previously stated, brag represent brag and have stated exactly that, on numerous occasions. Im not a member and as such they dont represent me, but i cant see anything wrong in stating that an inexperienced manager wont cut it. The majority would want experince as opposed to inexperience and thats a fact.

you telling other people to grow up, while patronising an entire group by questioning their brain capacity, is a good one mr marvel.

Archived