Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy McKinlay,that's a strange yin. He certainly had a good schooling under Big Jim McLean in Dundee but not sure why we would be after him after his long career as a bibs and cones man at Fulham. Seems to me that Shebby wants to run the show himself and bring in an ex player to placate the fans. If this is what we re faced with then please make it Shearer or Sherwood as at least these have sme standing in the game and might have a chance and both are strong enough characters to stand up to the BS thy will be up against.

I could actually see us sliding to the bottom under a McKinlay type appointment as there will be no leadership, no inspiration for the players and the infighting will go on but will be closer to the team as Shebby will be calling the shots in relation to tactics and team selection.

In short, we could be in a worse position than we were under Coco.

this changes absolutely nothing, as i previously stated, brag represent brag and have stated exactly that, on numerous occasions. Im not a member and as such they dont represent me, but i cant see anything wrong in stating that an inexperienced manager wont cut it. The majority would want experince as opposed to inexperience and thats a fact.

you telling other people to grow up, while patronising an entire group by questioning their brain capacity, is a good one mr marvel.

...Batman's from DC, not Marvel. *adjusts glasses*

If BRAG only represented themselves they wouldn't be making broadstrokes about the fanbase being in "meltdown" would they? So you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir.

What's really wrong is the perception on so many levels that this situation at Rovers is a mess. Whether it is a mess behind the scenes or not is not really the issue.

What's real for people, is real in its effects.

In other words, interested parties will start treating what's going on as if it is a mess. Because not to do so is a silly risk.

It's called reputation management. It can be an enabler. Or a disabler.

What's really wrong is the perception on so many levels that this situation at Rovers is a mess. Whether it is a mess behind the scenes or not is not really the issue.

What's real for people, is real in its effects.

In other words, interested parties will start treating what's going on as if it is a mess. Because not to do so is a silly risk.

It's called reputation management. It's an enabler. Or a disabler.

Tell it to Shebby

this changes absolutely nothing, as i previously stated, brag represent brag and have stated exactly that, on numerous occasions. Im not a member and as such they dont represent me, but i cant see anything wrong in stating that an inexperienced manager wont cut it. The majority would want experince as opposed to inexperience and thats a fact.

you telling other people to grow up, while patronising an entire group by questioning their brain capacity, is a good one mr marvel.

Keep digging.

He has a good point, Wednesday night will be a good pointer

He's missing the entire point. This has to do with the fact that BRAG made a statement on behalf of out fanbase, and stated that supporters were going into meltdown over the potential appointment of Sherwood.

He's missing the entire point. This has to do with the fact that BRAG made a statement on behalf of out fanbase, and stated that supporters were going into meltdown over the potential appointment of Sherwood.

A sizable number are

If BRAG only represented themselves they wouldn't be making broadstrokes about the fanbase being in "meltdown" would they? So you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir.

topman and batman working in tandem, what a couple.

well topman, glenn could probably have stated "we only represent brag" ONCE AGAIN, but he didnt. I guess glenn should start out every interview, every conversation and every piece written by him with the words, "we only represent brag". If he doesnt, lets kill him.!

Nothing about bm makes sense. Forget the fact that he is keans mate but what I would like to know is what the hell shebby knows about him. I bet he had never even heard of him till recently. I could have had a million guesses as to who our next manager could have been and bm would never have even been a thought

Not only us the fans are furious about bm being considered but I'd like to see the players response when he is announced and introduced to them.

Really can't be arsed anymore. Nothing about rovers makes any sense anymore and I'm beginning to hate most things about our club

Nothing about bm makes sense. Forget the fact that he is keans mate but what I would like to know is what the hell shebby knows about him. I bet he had never even heard of him till recently. I could have had a million guesses as to who our next manager could have been and bm would never have even been a thought

Not only us the fans are furious about bm being considered but I'd like to see the players response when he is announced and introduced to them.

Really can't be arsed anymore. Nothing about rovers makes any sense anymore and I'm beginning to hate most things about our club

Just hate the Venkys, that is where the problem lays

Every issue seems to become a stick to beat BRAG with! If their members are contacting them to complain bitterly about the potential appointment of a manager they are utterly against, why wouldn't they pass on those sentiments to their contacts?

What sort of organisation would they be if they didn't?

I'm not a member but I have absolutely no problem with what they've said.

If others have, they'll have to get off their arse, form their own group and patiently build up their own contacts in the media and within the club to put across a different view. Good luck!

Yet he sits third in the popularity poll on this website.

lies damn lies, and statistics

what % does he have? 16.23

If the poll had the questions

would you prefer an experienced manager

would you prefer to promote a coach

what do you think the percentages would be and where would that leave Shirley?

topman and batman working in tandem, what a couple.

well topman, glenn could probably have stated "we only represent brag" ONCE AGAIN, but he didnt. I guess glenn should start out every interview, every conversation and every piece written by him with the words, "we only represent brag". If he doesnt, lets kill him.!

Glen's personal views are his own.

This was an official press release, you spud.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

What a sad state of affairs it is among our fans that even before a new appointment is made there are calls for yet another boycott and more doom and gloom from posters who are revelling in their opportunity to be vindictive against people such as Mckinlay,Armstrong,among others when the appointment hasnt even made yet.

The fury unleashed on this messageboard during the previous regime shows little sign of being abated; I suppose this is what happens when people with little knowledge and experience of football get hold of a keyboard.

lies damn lies, and statistics

what % does he have? 16.23

If the poll had the questions

would you prefer an experienced manager

would you prefer to promote a coach

what do you think the percentages would be and where would that leave Shirley?

Christ almighty, is this that difficult for you to understand?

The question you should be asking is "would you go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed?"

My answer would be "no," and I suspect the vast majority of Rovers fans would be the same. However, BRAG have made a statement saying......

Greco, you're digging a big hole here.

I can't help but think you didn't read the statement and the independent article before trying to defend BRAG on this one.

I'm with Batman and Topman on this one. Now that's a first I think lol.

What a sad state of affairs it is among our fans that even before a new appointment is made there are calls for yet another boycott and more doom and gloom from posters who are revelling in their opportunity to be vindictive against people such as Mckinlay,Armstrong,among others when the appointment hasnt even made yet.

The fury unleashed on this messageboard during the previous regime shows little sign of being abated; I suppose this is what happens when people with little knowledge and experience of football get hold of a keyboard. Football Club,

There, I corrected it for you

That fact that The Action Group is the Largest supporters group, suggests that many of Blackburn fans do in fact take the group seriously.

It is all to easy to sit and criticise others who have made an effort, and to be honest makes you look slightly obsessive. Lets look at a statment or comment and find gramatical errors whilst our club is falling to pieces.

You make a good point regarding overseas supporters, strengthening the group it is a no brainer and quite easy, that is the reason we did this several months ago, and now have representation around the world.

And then you continue to go on and state the people with a knowledge of what is going on at Ewood speak to you, well please share this information with us all, as many Rovers fans are confused by it all. Maybe you could enlighten us all?

I think you've misunderstood what I meant by "slightest bit of knowledge," regarding what's happening at Rovers. I meant fans of other clubs. You see, it might come as a shock, but a lot of people don't care about Venkys or Rovers. A lot of people know nothing except that which has received the most coverage, for instance, the protests. So, when I meet someone who does know a little about the situation, which, to clarify further, means they are aware of supporter unrest and, to a degree, the circumstances for that unrest, they are commenting on the perception they have on the basis of what's been put out into the public domain. BRAG is contributing to that $hitstorm.

To address your other points, I think your argument that BRAG is the largest supporters' group, therefore must be taken seriously is void and sums up my problem with the group. Too simplistic for my liking. We are the biggest, therefore the best is not the attitude. If you're measuring your success by how many people are a part of your group, it doesn't bode well. Showing progress in your output and the action you're taking should be your goal, not expanding your audience. Now, it's only my opinion, but I'm not sure you'd be able to demonstrate any such progress. Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Whilst you have adopted the, "Yeah, well, what have you done about it?" argument, let's be reminded that, as soon as you establish yourself as a public entity, in any shape or form, where people are inevitably taking an interest in your work and how it affects their interests, you open yourself up for criticism. When you're not doing a good enough job and people feel that you aren't, then you've got to be able to listen to that criticism and take it for what it is; feedback. If you're big enough boys and girls to put yourselves forward for the task, you're big enough to accept when people aren't happy with it.

Finally, if where you're at now is down to your embracing the international fanbase, then you might want to set up a more regular reevaluation process. For me, you haven't upped your game. You're not reaching the levels that are possible to reach. If you're happy with where BRAG is at, then more power to you, pal, but I'm not going to give you a pat on the back for trying.

Stanley Kubrick, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman shot a scene for Eyes Wide Shut, where Kubrick got them to reshoot maybe 50 takes. Tom Cruise asks whether or not they'd got something good about halfway through and Kubrick says, "Yeah, but, don't you want to do it right?"

Archived