BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Raised fitness levels in three days? Of course we need a manager, just pointing out that we can't take anything for granted in this game, and especially at this club.

You would be very surprised what can be achieved physically in terms of fitness. Sack off all the tactical work for a week and concentrate on fitness and their fitness/stamina would double in 5 days

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what was our options? Do nothing? If that had happened come wednesday you would of all been welcoming McKinlay onto the pitch because yesterday Singh was adament he would appoint him.

What happens if the next name is also unpopular with the fans? Will you (BRAG) put a stop that appointment as well? What about the one after that?

No football club (especially one as dysfunctional as ours has become) can operate if every exectuive decision has to have popular consent from the beginning. The club is a circus and we, the fans, are fast becoming one of its biggest jokes.

So what was our options? Do nothing? If that had happened come wednesday you would of all been welcoming McKinlay onto the pitch because yesterday Singh was adament he would appoint him.

So he would totally ignore all the good candidates which top nearly every poll, for a gamble

Typing behind a keyboard and venting your anger will not have any effect what soever on the future of this club. Shebby Singh the man in charge of picking a manager does not read BRFCS,

As a group we will always put our members concerns out there, thats what we was elected to do, These dont always match our own personal opinion. For e.g 75% Of the committee would love Sherwood, but given the option of him and an experienced manager they would go with the experience.

So rather than have a go at us for putting a statement out for our members which tbh, most places bar this forum have supported, tell me what you are doing to address the growing concerns that the club is becoming a circus

BRAG influencing managerial selection, the club sinks to a new all time low in book, can things get any worse, what a bloody joke.

so the manager who was supposed to be appointed before Wednedsday was Billy. Looks like another 6 vital points going down the pan then with Black still in charge. We need an experience manager, not someone like Billy or Sherwood. Total shambles at Rovers who no naff all about football!! Never miind the premiership we will be playing in League one if Shebby gets his wish

• Backroom

One point Tom, so you think that Brag were not right in discussing Kean's on field failures?

John Williams used to say all footballing matters should be off the table between the club and the fans

I think he knew how to run a club

The fact Shebby wanted Billy McKinley is scary but I don't know if its scarier that its possible he changed his mind due to the view of the fans

Remember the no to allardyce Facebook page or that as someone mentioned more Newcastle fans wanted Gazza than Pardew

What happens if the next name is also unpopular with the fans? Will you (BRAG) put a stop that appointment as well? What about the one after that?

No football club (especially one as dysfunctional as ours has become) can operate if every exectuive decision has to have popular consent from the beginning. The club is a circus and we, the fans, are fast becoming one of its biggest jokes.

Spot on.

I dont call putting a press statement out , influencing Managerial selection

Make your mind up.

But McKinlay was going to be one thing .... a disaster waiting to happen. His connections with Kean would be too much to bare for the supporters.

I agree it is amateurish that one fan group can sway the opinion on who should become the manager. If it is like that why dont make Singh getting Holloway like this poll says is the most popular available man out there.

Glen, I think you are partially right in the statement that fans would not be happy with McKinley. My initial concern was the reference to Sherwood that got lumped in together.

I have heard some very very negative comments from people about the possible appointment of the Scot but nothing as harsh about Sherwood. I initially planned to set the poll up to see if people were that negative about Sherwood as I didn't feel it represented the general view I was getting from here or twitter. I added McKinley to the post as a second question.

The results don't seem a shock, the majority seem to agree with the BRAG statement about mcKinley. I'm not overly suprised by that, I also voted yes to meltdown if he took over.

I'm just suprised that Sherwood got linked into it as well. The view on here was that he was 3rd on the poll (not huge numbers I know) and that was the point I wanted to gauge.

I'm actually taking the content of the argument out of the equation but the way it's presented and once again you continue to act like a child

As far as the article goes I appreciate the action group working for the member but have always said any footballing matters should be off the table with fans and Shebby shouldn't discuss with them or anybody.

so in you role as the friendly community manager, you decided to call 2 posters an embarrasment and expected a hug and a friendly reply in return.? numerous jabs were thrown by all of us, thats the name of the game.

I weep for humanity

sidekick returns

:lol:

Here's a new word for your flourishing vocabulary...

"Cretin."

is that slang for south african womens womb.?

John Williams used to say all footballing matters should be off the table between the club and the fans

I think he knew how to run a club

I totally agree if John Williams was still at the club, but he is not instead we have a bunch of chancer's at all levels whose interests are not that of the club, I would rather Brag keep the pressure on rather than the approach of other representative groups who's main concern when speaking to a remaining member of Team Kean was why are you talking to other supporters groups.

Until there is a set up that is working in the best interest's of the club they should be questioned on every decision.

I think McKinlay would be a good coach for the club but not a manager at this time and in the current climate. I have a friend who used to work for Birmingham City's FITC scheme and he said that when Black was Bruce's assistant his sessions were very impressive but that makes him a good and well regarded coach not necessarily a manager. I think any of Sherwood, Shearer, Holloway, OGS and Schuster would be a good manager for the club. And if those candidated bought in backroom staffs that included Dowie, Newell, Sutton, McKinlay or the like I would be impressed at the success and knowledge those people brought.

I think that our club is becoming a bit of a joke, with everything, Kean, Venky's and even some of the fans behviour and attitude towards any appointments.

WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS AND NO ONE, WHETHER FANS, PLAYERS, OWNERS, STAFF, ARE BIGGER THAN THE BLUE & WHITE HALFS!!!!

I totally agree if John Williams was still at the club, but he is not instead we have a bunch of chancer's at all levels whose interests are not that of the club, I would rather Brag keep the pressure on rather than the approach of other representative groups who's main concern when speaking to a remaining member of Team Kean was why are you talking to other supporters groups.

superb post

Glen, I think you are partially right in the statement that fans would not be happy with McKinley. My initial concern was the reference to Sherwood that got lumped in together.

I have heard some very very negative comments from people about the possible appointment of the Scot but nothing as harsh about Sherwood. I initially planned to set the poll up to see if people were that negative about Sherwood as I didn't feel it represented the general view I was getting from here or twitter. I added McKinley to the post as a second question.

The results don't seem a shock, the majority seem to agree with the BRAG statement about mcKinley. I'm not overly suprised by that, I also voted yes to meltdown if he took over.

I'm just suprised that Sherwood got linked into it as well. The view on here was that he was 3rd on the poll (not huge numbers I know) and that was the point I wanted to gauge.

+ 1. I made this point last night on this thread when shebby's statement was released

What do you expect to happen when the club is run so badly and makes bad decision after bad decision on a regular basis?

No need to turn on me :D :D :D

I happen to agree with you.

They would make a mess of doing their shoe laces up. Helpless, hapless and hopeless.

Until they go, we're in limbo ... and falling.

Archived