BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Christ almighty, is this that difficult for you to understand?

The question you should be asking is "would you go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed?"

My answer would be "no," and I suspect the vast majority of Rovers fans would be the same. However, BRAG have made a statement saying......

The question you should be asking is would BRAG exist if we did not have the Venkys, get some focus

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing whatsoever will surprise me about the club these days. Why not have the kitman as manager or an ex-player like Dougie? There are no words to describe the pathetic shambles which is masquerading as a football club. Surely no owners anywhere in the world could have handled their company in a worse way than Venkys have handled BRFC.

I don't go to Ewood anymore for a variety of reasons such as time, distance and money but I weep for all those who are regular spectators of the charade.

There is no happy ending anywhere in sight until we have "proper" owners.

It saddens me greatly to see Rovers' fans squabbling with each other, but that's what Venkys have brought us to.

Deep down we all hoped that the new managerial appointment would be the new turning point but how naive and stupid we were. The farce continues.....

Christ almighty, is this that difficult for you to understand?

The question you should be asking is "would you go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed?"

My answer would be "no," and I suspect the vast majority of Rovers fans would be the same. However, BRAG have made a statement saying......

We made a statement saying we had "around 1,500 messages over the last seven days" from disgruntled fans urging the group to organise a boycott or a full-scale protest. The sheer volume meant his committee felt it necessary to hold the meeting and supporters claim that if McKinlay is appointed they will return their season tickets.

"We have had thousands of supporters contact us in the last few days demanding that we take immediate action to prevent Blackburn Rovers appointing a manager unwanted by the supporter base," Mullan said.

"They are not willing to put up with another experiment. Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown today."

So the statement doesn't say Glen, Mark, myself or any of the other lads want to protest or boycott, it clearly says members of the group have asked us to organise such events. What should we do simply ignore these members?

No, still here and i know where the problem is, Pune

And now you're completely diverting the attention away from the topic of the discussion we've been having. Their statement was stupid, self centred, and unrepresentative of the majority of fans.

Yes, everybody would prefer an experienced manager, but a Sherwood/ Shearer et al would not cause a meltdown/ boycott, quite the opposite. I suspect the largest crowd of the season were one of those two to be wheeled out on Saturday.

And now you're completely diverting the attention away from the topic of the discussion we've been having. Their statement was stupid, self centred, and unrepresentative of the majority of fans.

Yes, everybody would prefer an experienced manager, but a Sherwood/ Shearer et al would not cause a meltdown/ boycott, quite the opposite. I suspect the largest crowd of the season were one of those two to be wheeled out on Saturday.

Not really, read the post above yours, do you not think you have embelished your point somewhat,

Shirley or Shearer are not going to be wheeled out in a month of Sundays

The question you should be asking is would BRAG exist if we did not have the Venkys, get some focus

You're right. If we were a professional, well-run club, we wouldn't have self-important fan groups thinking they speak for us all.

Not really, read the post above yours, do you not think you have embelished your point somewhat,

Eh? Again, just address the point. Would there be a meltdown if Sherwood was manager? Have BRAG stated that there would be one?

Very simple; two "yes or no" answers.

You're right. If we were a professional, well-run club, we wouldn't have self-important fan groups thinking they speak for us all.

"Your right" would have sufficed, self important or not they are entitled to have their say, like i posted above, focus is needed, Pune is the problem

Glen's personal views are his own.

This was an official press release, you spud.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

how sweet, topman defendig batman, and now topman is getting personally involved. Will batman come to your rescue in a minute.?

it was an official press release about brags opinion and glenn was acting as an official spokes person for brag. How much more brag can it be.? They didnt claim to represent the entire fanbase. Glenn should probably start every written or spoen word with "this only brags opinion" so we wont have to deal with the babies who cry, everytime a , or . is misplaced.

Posted A minute ago

snapback.pngyoda, on 23 October 2012 - 18:38 PM, said:

Eh? Again, just address the point. Would there be a meltdown if Sherwood was manager? Have BRAG stated that there would be one?

Very simple; two "yes or no" answers.

The answer is in bold and underlined for you

how sweet, topman defendig batman, and now topman is getting personally involved. Will batman come to your rescue in a minute.?

it was an official press release about brags opinion and glenn was acting as an official spokes person for brag. How much more brag can it be.? They didnt claim to represent the entire fanbase. Glenn should probably start every written or spoen word with "this only brags opinion" so we wont have deal with the babies, who cry everytime a , or . is misplaced.

Again, grow up. You sound like a teenager who's just started watching WWE for the first time.

Today, because of BRAG, the press are circulating the sentiment that our fanbase would go into meltdown and potentially boycott if Tim Sherwood or Billy McKinlay are appointed.

This is not true.

I realise English isn't your first language so tell me; which bit are you struggling with?

Posted A minute ago

snapback.pngyoda, on 23 October 2012 - 18:38 PM, said:

The answer is in bold and underlined for you

I give up. Thick as the proverbial.

I and many of my fellow season ticket holding friends would be absolutely delighted with the appointment if Tim Sherwood as manager .

Who the hell does this 'Action Group' think they are issuing a statement claiming to represent the broad base of our support, that our club would go into meltdown should our Premiership winning captain be appointed manager !!?

It's a complete and utter embarrassment .

Nothing about bm makes sense. Forget the fact that he is keans mate but what I would like to know is what the hell shebby knows about him. I bet he had never even heard of him till recently. I could have had a million guesses as to who our next manager could have been and bm would never have even been a thought

Not only us the fans are furious about bm being considered but I'd like to see the players response when he is announced and introduced to them.

Really can't be arsed anymore. Nothing about rovers makes any sense anymore and I'm beginning to hate most things about our club

Maybe Shebby thinks McKinlay was with Kean when he got Fulham promoted to the Premiership.

For a 'pundit' Shebby really does not understand football or how it works. Gerry Armstrong advising him ffs, he who has dined out off a goal for Northern Ireland in 1982 for thirty years.

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.

To add some credence to the split in the boardroom theory I saw Coar, Shaw and Agnew outside Pride Park on Saturday. They had travelled down in two cars. If Shebby went on the train and not with the other clowns it could throw some weight behind the lack of harmony story.

Again, grow up. You sound like a teenager who's just started watching WWE for the first time.

Today, because of BRAG, the press are circulating the sentiment that our fanbase would go into meltdown and potentially boycott if Tim Sherwood or Billy McKinlay are appointed.

This is not true.

I realise English isn't your first language so tell me; which bit are you struggling with?

Really, those two are not an option, get over it, it is not going to happen, focus on the real problem, your getting bogged down because a statement was not to your liking, kean happens, move on

"Your right" would have sufficed, self important or not they are entitled to have their say, like i posted above, focus is needed, Pune is the problem

No, "Your right" would be a spelling error. Maybe you should be their new press officer?

If BRAG are entitled to say what they like, then you should accept that it cuts both ways.

I and many of my fellow season ticket holding friends would be absolutely delighted with the appointment if Tim Sherwood as manager .

Who the hell does this 'Action Group' think they are issuing a statement claiming to represent the broad base of our support, that our club would go into meltdown should our Premiership winning captain be appointed manager !!?

It's a complete and utter embarrassment .

Take time to read statement its says thousands of Action Group members have contacted us. Show where we claim to represent the broad base of supporters?

Really, those two are not an option, get over it, it is not going to happen, focus on the real problem, your getting bogged down because a statement was not to your liking, kean happens, move on

What Topman said. Forget replying to their statements, you should be writing them.

Take time to read statement its says thousands of Action Group members have contacted us. Show where we claim to represent the broad base of supporters?

Which goes back to my initial point right at the very start.

We made a statement saying we had "around 1,500 messages over the last seven days" from disgruntled fans urging the group to organise a boycott or a full-scale protest. The sheer volume meant his committee felt it necessary to hold the meeting and supporters claim that if McKinlay is appointed they will return their season tickets.

"We have had thousands of supporters contact us in the last few days demanding that we take immediate action to prevent Blackburn Rovers appointing a manager unwanted by the supporter base," Mullan said.

"They are not willing to put up with another experiment. Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown today."

So the statement doesn't say Glen, Mark, myself or any of the other lads want to protest or boycott, it clearly says members of the group have asked us to organise such events. What should we do simply ignore these members?

If he had inserted the word "some" into the sentence "Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent SOME supporters into meltdown today." it might have have been a little more accurate. I don't think the entire fanbase is in meltdown at the prospect of Tim Sherwood becoming manager, certainly the supporters I was with at last night's reserve match weren't in meltdown we were too busy enjoying an excellent performance from our Under-21 side.

No, "Your right" would be a spelling error. Maybe you should be their new press officer?

If BRAG are entitled to say what they like, then you should accept that it cuts both ways.

"You're right" better for you?, the club is falling apart and the grammar police are out FFS

you cant explain that to batman. If you have misspelled or misplaced a , or a ., you are going to get crucified.

This is not true.

they are representing brag in the press release, for a superhero, you seem tt be a slow learner, is that why you need a sidekick.?

The Action do not and claim to represent all Rovers fans never have never will. We have an elected committee, and when we have such large numbers saying the same thing, we cannot ignore it.

I have no problem with people who criticise or don't agree with the group, but posts like Brownie made are ridiculous.

Archived