Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got no issue with BRAG telling Shebby that the fans don't want McKinlay. He'd be a disaster and the majority of fans don't want him.

What I do have an issue with is Shebby needing to be TOLD McKinlay is not the answer. Why on earth would anyone think McKinlay is the answer?!

I dont call putting a press statement out , influencing Managerial selection

Glen - why the need for a press statement - I thought lines of communication had improved. Indeed I get the impression that you have "chats" on a regular basis with Shebby - could this not have been sorted more discretely - or was Shebby digging his heels in ?

I think BRAG has done a good service, putting Shebby on alert about McKinley.

On the other hand, it also cast too wide a net, lumping Sherwood and McKinley into the same category.

My main objection to McKinley is his Kean connection and his off putting last year or so with the club.

I thought id clear the press release up.

Firstly as an elected committee by our members we have to take ALL our members thoughts on board, they call this democracy.

Since Keans departure supporters on all message boards including this one and people who do not use the internet, radio phone in's , facebook and twitter, in fact just about everywhere have been complaining by the lack of action in appointing a new manager. In this time the club has not won a game , lie 10th in the table and despite Black being given temp charge of team affairs. Many on here and elsewhere did not want him as manager

In recent weeks names of managers interested in the rovers job have leaked and many of our members and its also fair to say on this message board were there is around 30 regurlar posters have gone mental. They have called Shebby Singh every name under the sun, called anyone who speaks to him every name uner the sun and have called the owners too.

People have complained that Shebbys relentless love affair with Sherwood is daft and we should move on. people have also complained that with the likes of Holloway, Shearer, McCarthy OGS Schuster, Hollloway wanting the job that they will be pretty angry if they go down the Steve Kean route again.

In this time we have had many members asking us to call a boycott or a protest or to strongly make it clear supporters are not gonna be flooding back if this appointment is screwed up.

When news broke of McKinlay its fair to say most people who I interacted with and my fellow committee members interacted with went bezerk, If he got the job would he be supported? Well i'd like to think so, however if he started badly Im pretty sure as he aint everyones first choice then it would kick off pretty quickly.

Its interesting reading this board, because all the messages I have had on twitter today bar two fully support the statement

No one has said we are calling a boycott, no-one has said we are calling a protest and no-one has said we will all send our tickets back. Those points are what members of our group have stated over the last couple of weeks over the fiasco.

So what was our options? Do nothing? If that had happened come wednesday you would of all been welcoming McKinlay onto the pitch because yesterday Singh was adament he would appoint him.

So he would totally ignore all the good candidates which top nearly every poll, for a gamble

Typing behind a keyboard and venting your anger will not have any effect what soever on the future of this club. Shebby Singh the man in charge of picking a manager does not read BRFCS,

As a group we will always put our members concerns out there, thats what we was elected to do, These dont always match our own personal opinion. For e.g 75% Of the committee would love Sherwood, but given the option of him and an experienced manager they would go with the experience.

So rather than have a go at us for putting a statement out for our members which tbh, most places bar this forum have supported, tell me what you are doing to address the growing concerns that the club is becoming a circus

30 regular posters on here, yet BRAG received calls and emails from thousands? Those figures don't seem to be correct to me.

There's not 1 manager that every fan could agree is the right one. There's plenty who the vast majority would say no on though. The decision has to be made by the club, like it or not. personally I doubt any self respecting manager would work with Shebby, and that's why the list is down to the likes of a Billy McKinlay. Shebby ain't gonna go for someone who's conditions include full control of transfer budgets, and team selection.

30 regular posters on here, yet BRAG received calls and emails from thousands? Those figures don't seem to be correct to me.

There's not 1 manager that every fan could agree is the right one. There's plenty who the vast majority would say no on though. The decision has to be made by the club, like it or not. personally I doubt any self respecting manager would work with Shebby, and that's why the list is down to the likes of a Billy McKinlay. Shebby ain't gonna go for someone who's conditions include full control of transfer budgets, and team selection.

You do realise that the majority of Rovers fans do not visit this forum or any Rovers forum?

I'm underwhelmed by the potential appointment of McKinlay but the fact that he is a pal of Kean isn't relevant. I have good mates who I wouldn't say were the most talented of individuals when it comes to their job but that doesn't affect how I can do mine. He is apparently very well thought of as a coach and he may turn into a very good manager.

If he comes though he needs to be ready to be able to distance himself from Steve Kean and accept that he will start with almost zero goodwill and will have to build it up himself. I won't prejudge any manager, some fans favourites have been big disappointments (Shearer at Newcastle for one), so any judgement depends on performances, how the manager acts and behaves and most of all, results.

So he'd better have a thick skin, be a great communicator and be able to get results quickly. Any new manager will need to show greater empathy with the fans than Steve Kean displayed.

For everyone who wants to condemn a manager before he starts, well that is easy to do and in Billy McKinlay even I'm tempted to groan. However I'll still be down whoever is appointed but I think there needs to be something very special that develops for Billy McKinlay to convince a lot of the fanbase.

Never a dull moment is there?

I totally agree if John Williams was still at the club, but he is not instead we have a bunch of chancer's at all levels whose interests are not that of the club, I would rather Brag keep the pressure on rather than the approach of other representative groups who's main concern when speaking to a remaining member of Team Kean was why are you talking to other supporters groups.

Until there is a set up that is working in the best interest's of the club they should be questioned on every decision.

+100

BRAG were dead right to issue the statement...the only way to get the message across to these DELUDED 'owners' is to take extreme measures..who cares what media/other people think, we dont want McKinley simple as that...boycott all the way i say, they have a great chance to try and get the fans back on side and there fcukin it up yet again!!!!

P!SS OFF VENKYS AND P!SS OFF MCKINLEY!

Back to the main point in hand anyway.....

I noticed yesterday that Les Reed had entered into the odds at the bookies, from nowhere.

After realising his connections to both Fulham and Northern Ireland, this made a bit of sense.

Now i am just wondering, would this put anyone into meltdown?

BRAG speak for what, 10% of the supporters?

They never claimed they spoke for the entire fan base. If the media or Shebby thinks otherwise then that's their prerogative. Shebby doesn’t have to be in dialogue with them during the ongoing managerial appointment process, if it had been John Williams there right now then he wouldn’t be doing so.

I think Glen said 75% of the comittee

I see. Thanks for that.

So would the majority of BRAG go into meltdown if Sherwood was appointed? That's not aimed at yourself necessarily as you may not know or be able to speculate. Somebody must have a decent projection though. And what would this meltdown consist of?

A camel is a horse drawn by a committee. Most clubs have one supremo and his or her vision is followed. The problem with Rovers at the moment is that we have so many people to please we end up with a diluted version of several peoples ideas. I read this thread and read about Shaw's list and Shebby's list and just think we will never have a manager in place. I wouldn't want McKinley anywhere near my club after his links with Kean but for Shebby to be guided by fans is a disgrace and smacks of weak leadership. He seems to just want to be popular and good leaders don't need to be popular they need to be strong.

I think we should just let Shebby and Shaw get on with the job in hand and when they tell us who the manager is, we should just get behind the person and support our team.

Not up to supporters who should/ should not manage this club. We are there to support the team. No god given right to top managers and we need,as supporters to wake up and smell the coffee.

Not as many as BRFCS then.

Fair point, so when can we send you questions on issues regarding the club that you will be taking into the meeting with club officials. When's the vote for appointing the committee?

Playing Devil's advocate here btw just trying to balance you obvious Anti Brag stance.

Archived