BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Just read through all this argument and from the outside I can say it is you that has been an embarassment

The way you and yoda have carried on is akin to petulant teenagers

'Schooled' 'butthurt' grow up lads

I never used those words, i did express my opinion, just like Brag did, the problem is in Pune so the opinion of Brag, Shebby or anyone does not matter

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have 6 points to play for in the next 5 days or so. Due to the lack of expertise and incompetance of Mr Singh, we could well be 10+ points drift of the automatic promotion places. That is a big gap to claw back.

This debacle just proves how out of his depth Shebby is, yet people still idolise him for getting rid of Kean.

You're taking things for granted. A new manager won't guarantee wins, no matter who he is, and we might pick up points even though we have Black in charge.

i think right now we are at tipping point, potential new signings(players&staff) are willing to give the club the benefit of doubt if the moneys good(ie.rhodes signing) but if things dont start improving fast the club will be permanently tarnished.

I posted last week that I think we have already tipped, it just isn't common knowledge yet

From the Telegraph article -

"with some members of the board believed to have been surprised by the news of the approach for the Scot.

They are attempting to persuade the owners to instead move for a more experienced boss; instead wanting a move for Blackpool's Ian Holloway."

Well it looks like everything is still continuing in a coherent and cohesive manner at Ewood Park... What dark times these still are for our club and so they will continue to be so until the spectres from distant lands are banished once and for all...

All energy, anguish and anger should, nay, MUST be directed at removing the Charlatans from our Club, without this all words and actions will be pointless and without potency.

Once this occurs then we can hope to rebuild and forge forward once more.

If you think the situation following Kean's departure are chaotic then I don't think you want to be around for the vacuum that will be left following Venkys taking their ball home.

At that point we'll all probably laugh whistfully about the "bit of a do" that was our next manager search.

You're taking things for granted. A new manager won't guarantee wins, no matter who he is, and we might pick up points even though we have Black in charge.

We've picked up how many points exactly since Black has been in charge? Our team needs guidance, discipline and more importantly better fitness levels. Any experienced coach would instil that straight away. The sooner we get a new manager in the better.

King Shebby has just failed you.

Just read through all this argument and from the outside I can say it is you that has been an embarassment

The way you and yoda have carried on is akin to petulant teenagers

'Schooled' 'butthurt' grow up lads

grow up, are you batman in disguise.?

first we have a "community manager" setting up a poll, which only serves to discredit another organisation and then we have another "community manager" defending and agreeing with those who attack said organisation. surpsise surpsire, Now jog on and manage the community if you arent to butthurt.

This thread is a bit of a mess now, maybe time for a new one but would rather start a new one with some good news!

It reflects the state of our club,

a new one with good news!! you will have a long wait

If you think the situation following Kean's departure are chaotic then I don't think you want to be around for the vacuum that will be left following Venkys taking their ball home.

At that point we'll all probably laugh whistfully about the "bit of a do" that was our next manager search.

It maybe for the greater good that they did "take their ball home", it honestly really couldn't get much worse apart from obviously the total collapse and winding up of the club.

Anyway this is not discussing the new manager appointment and I am wary of de-railing an already somewhat de-railed thread...

It maybe for the greater good that they did "take their ball home", it honestly really couldn't get much worse apart from obviously the total collapse and winding up of the club.

Anyway this is not discussing the new manager appointment and I am wary of de-railing an already somewhat de-railed thread...

You are correct, lets appoint a MANAGER, not another coach

• Backroom

first we have a "community manager" setting up a poll, which only serves to discredit another organisation and then we have another "community manager" defending and agreeing with those who attack said organisation. surpsise surpsire, Now jog on and manage the community if you arent to butthurt.

I'm actually taking the content of the argument out of the equation but the way it's presented and once again you continue to act like a child

As far as the article goes I appreciate the action group working for the member but have always said any footballing matters should be off the table with fans and Shebby shouldn't discuss with them or anybody.

My problem is not with whom they appoint rather the conditions for success/failure of said appointment. Giving somebody "time" ala kean when they are patently not up to it causes problems. Appoint a manager, give clear guidelines on what is required with a certain amount of flexibility for circumstance but with a definite "you're fired" if the apathy on the pitch continues.

As for the banks - venkys aren't a single homeowner, the banks want to know that there is collateral to cover the loans and beyond that they don't give a Kean as long as we are paying the fees and interest.

I'm actually taking the content of the argument out of the equation but the way it's presented and once again you continue to act like a child

As far as the article goes I appreciate the action group working for the member but have always said any footballing matters should be off the table with fans and Shebby shouldn't discuss with them or anybody.

One point Tom, so you think that Brag were not right in discussing Kean's on field failures?

Are you drunk? if so you have an excuse, if not have a keaning word with yourself, and take the playground spat to PM.

I weep for humanity.

:lol:

Here's a new word for your flourishing vocabulary...

"Cretin."

I thought id clear the press release up.

Firstly as an elected committee by our members we have to take ALL our members thoughts on board, they call this democracy.

Since Keans departure supporters on all message boards including this one and people who do not use the internet, radio phone in's , facebook and twitter, in fact just about everywhere have been complaining by the lack of action in appointing a new manager. In this time the club has not won a game , lie 10th in the table and despite Black being given temp charge of team affairs. Many on here and elsewhere did not want him as manager

In recent weeks names of managers interested in the rovers job have leaked and many of our members and its also fair to say on this message board were there is around 30 regurlar posters have gone mental. They have called Shebby Singh every name under the sun, called anyone who speaks to him every name uner the sun and have called the owners too.

People have complained that Shebbys relentless love affair with Sherwood is daft and we should move on. people have also complained that with the likes of Holloway, Shearer, McCarthy OGS Schuster, Hollloway wanting the job that they will be pretty angry if they go down the Steve Kean route again.

In this time we have had many members asking us to call a boycott or a protest or to strongly make it clear supporters are not gonna be flooding back if this appointment is screwed up.

When news broke of McKinlay its fair to say most people who I interacted with and my fellow committee members interacted with went bezerk, If he got the job would he be supported? Well i'd like to think so, however if he started badly Im pretty sure as he aint everyones first choice then it would kick off pretty quickly.

Its interesting reading this board, because all the messages I have had on twitter today bar two fully support the statement

No one has said we are calling a boycott, no-one has said we are calling a protest and no-one has said we will all send our tickets back. Those points are what members of our group have stated over the last couple of weeks over the fiasco.

So what was our options? Do nothing? If that had happened come wednesday you would of all been welcoming McKinlay onto the pitch because yesterday Singh was adament he would appoint him.

So he would totally ignore all the good candidates which top nearly every poll, for a gamble

Typing behind a keyboard and venting your anger will not have any effect what soever on the future of this club. Shebby Singh the man in charge of picking a manager does not read BRFCS,

As a group we will always put our members concerns out there, thats what we was elected to do, These dont always match our own personal opinion. For e.g 75% Of the committee would love Sherwood, but given the option of him and an experienced manager they would go with the experience.

So rather than have a go at us for putting a statement out for our members which tbh, most places bar this forum have supported, tell me what you are doing to address the growing concerns that the club is becoming a circus

• Backroom

So what was our options? Do nothing? If that had happened come wednesday you would of all been welcoming McKinlay onto the pitch because yesterday Singh was adament he would appoint him.

So he would totally ignore all the good candidates which top nearly every poll, for a gamble

And this is why Shebby Singh is a joke.

So rather than have a go at us for putting a statement out for our members which tbh, most places bar this forum have supported, tell me what you are doing to address the growing concerns that the club is becoming a circus

I think the act of putting out the press release has, hopefully, prevented the appointment of a novice, particularly McKinlay. The actual content of the press release itself could have been worded better but hey ho. My issue (and I'm a BRAG member) is that we are actually part of that circus you describe Glen.

I thought id clear the press release up.

Firstly as an elected committee by our members we have to take ALL our members thoughts on board, they call this democracy.

Since Keans departure supporters on all message boards including this one and people who do not use the internet, radio phone in's , facebook and twitter, in fact just about everywhere have been complaining by the lack of action in appointing a new manager. In this time the club has not won a game , lie 10th in the table and despite Black being given temp charge of team affairs. Many on here and elsewhere did not want him as manager

In recent weeks names of managers interested in the rovers job have leaked and many of our members and its also fair to say on this message board were there is around 30 regurlar posters have gone mental. They have called Shebby Singh every name under the sun, called anyone who speaks to him every name uner the sun and have called the owners too.

People have complained that Shebbys relentless love affair with Sherwood is daft and we should move on. people have also complained that with the likes of Holloway, Shearer, McCarthy OGS Schuster, Hollloway wanting the job that they will be pretty angry if they go down the Steve Kean route again.

In this time we have had many members asking us to call a boycott or a protest or to strongly make it clear supporters are not gonna be flooding back if this appointment is screwed up.

When news broke of McKinlay its fair to say most people who I interacted with and my fellow committee members interacted with went bezerk, If he got the job would he be supported? Well i'd like to think so, however if he started badly Im pretty sure as he aint everyones first choice then it would kick off pretty quickly.

Its interesting reading this board, because all the messages I have had on twitter today bar two fully support the statement

No one has said we are calling a boycott, no-one has said we are calling a protest and no-one has said we will all send our tickets back. Those points are what members of our group have stated over the last couple of weeks over the fiasco.

Typing behind a keyboard and venting your anger will not have any effect what soever on the future of this club. Shebby Singh the man in charge of picking a manager does not read BRFCS,

As a group we will always put our members concerns out there, thats what we was elected to do, These dont always match our own personal opinion. For e.g 75% Of the committee would love Sherwood, but given the option of him and an experienced manager they would go with the experience.

FFS Glen you can't come on here talking sense,

cue batman and topman, get ready for new thread Tom

ps the club is already a circus Glen, you have my sympathy at the reaction you are going to get to your post

The problem is the system behind the scenes at Ewood is so broke it's untrue. Whilst I agree that BRAG halting McKinlay is a good thing for Rovers and something I am happy about, I am very uneasy that they should be allowed to sway the influence of the powers that be at Ewood.

Many fans were up in arms about Speedie being the makeweight in the Shearer deal. Had that gone to a fans poll then history could have been oh so different.

TrabzonSpor supporter just emailed me and said : Why don't you make that absolute legend Tugay the manager.

How can I tell him we have approached Billy Who? One of the 'rubber-dinghy' men.

And David Bowie is on the radio singing: "Absolute Beginners" TRUE

We've picked up how many points exactly since Black has been in charge? Our team needs guidance, discipline and more importantly better fitness levels. Any experienced coach would instil that straight away. The sooner we get a new manager in the better.

King Shebby has just failed you.

Raised fitness levels in three days? Of course we need a manager, just pointing out that we can't take anything for granted in this game, and especially at this club.

There is not a problem with BRAG's statement as long as it expresses an opinion based on the majority of BRAG's members so if you are not a member of BRAG then they do not have a duty to represent your thoughts just the one given to them by there members.

I for one agree with the majority of the statement although i don't think there would be meltdown if Sherwood took over i actually think fans would get behind him or Shearer and the appointment of either of these club legends (I know there will be people who think Sherwoods not a legend) would raise the profile of the club and possibly help to bring sponsorship back to the club.

McKinlay on the other hand does none of this average player at club, Allegedly fake injury to carry on picking up wages, Low profile coach without the stature in the game to bring players in, alleged links to kean which would fuel any rumours that are going around. In short he ticks just about every negative point there is.

This is not a blast at him i hope he proves himself a good boss just i don't want him at rovers at the present time

Archived