BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Yes, and I bet media outlets and supporters of other clubs all around the country are saying "no, most Blackburn fans would be alright with Sherwood, but just a few from that BRAG group are annoyed."

Keep on digging. Your posts are bordering on embarrassing now.

And yoda, the same can be said for you. School children.

your posts are not only bordering on embarrasing, they are embarrasing. Who cares what the media and fans of other ckubs think, are you so insecure, that it bothers you.?

you´ve been schooled by pk1875 and you are now trying to move the discussion from officilas brag release/opinion, to outlets and fans from other clubs, should i take that as you waving the white flag batman :P

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this argument soon going to reach the depths of the 'Should we burn the India flag debate?

Lots of people not interested in the Rovers will be reading this thinking...

As one kid at work stated to me yesterday, you've got a Blackburn accent but you don't talk like someone from Blackburn, if you know what I mean.

Top that. He is thirteen.

I actually do think I know what he means now.

13 and working?

I don't think anyone has said burn the Indian flag but the problem is in Pune

Bet that was an interesting car Journey down, one lost his voice pre takeover to keep his FA tie, one lost his voice at the end of September when his golden ticket walked out and the others a mumbling idiot who jumped at the chance to join his mate on the gravy train.

Still bet they are loving recent events which takes the attention away from them and will rid them of the irritant that is spoiling their jolly.

Sorry I should have been clearer. Coar was on his own and the PNE pals were together in another car. It looked they had arranged a meeting time on the car park.

Well technically it would be a grammatical error.

Can I be the new press officer? :D

Go for it, that is why I replied the club is falling apart and the grammar police are out, they can't help their selves sometimes

Cant give you an exact figure off the top of my head

Can't give you an exact number but around the 7,000 mark

Really? I'm not doubting you but apart from a few who post on here I don't know anybody else who is a member. That figure equates to over 50% of our current average attendance.

Can this be substantiated? It seems a tad on the high side to me

Christ almighty does everything have to be proved without exception, Do you want McKinley as manager, i don't , Sherwood Shearer, Salgado, Holloway, McCarthy, Tugay, Souness, :huh: :huh: any one would do me just dam well get on with it Shebby then we as supporters cam make our own minds up as to what we want to do.

Why is Shebby going around cavorting with BRAG? I think most Rovers fans would agree someone like Kamy or even Cryer are much better representations of the fans wishes.

No, no, no. I am individual and while I fully understand the wishes of my fellow fans and could articulate them but in the end I am an individual. I am not elected to represent the viewpoints of the fans.

BRAG on the other hand are elected by their members, so they representative that collective, so when they communicate with Shebby it is on behalf of the collective that have elected them to represent their viewpoints. I think that what some people have a problem with is that at times (through no fault of BRAG) the media take their viewpoints/statements as being representative of the majority of fans.

Now back on topic, the big question is what happens now. There is absolutely no doubt that Shebby was rocked by the reaction of the fans yesterday, will he now listen to the other people involved in the process and look seriously at the other credible managers who have applied/want the job.

No, no, no. I am individual and while I fully understand the wishes of my fellow fans and could articulate them but in the end I am an individual. I am not elected to represent the viewpoints of the fans.

BRAG on the other hand are elected by their members, so they representative that collective, so when they communicate with Shebby it is on behalf of the collective that have elected them to represent their viewpoints. I think that what some people have a problem with is that at times (through no fault of BRAG) the media take their viewpoints/statements as being representative of the majority of fans.

Now back on topic, the big question is what happens now. There is absolutely no doubt that Shebby was rocked by the reaction of the fans yesterday, will he now listen to the other people involved in the process and look seriously at the other credible managers who have applied/want the job.

Good post as usual,

Lets hope so, it will still need to be approved in Pune though

Go for it, that is why I replied the club is falling apart and the grammar police are out, they can't help their selves sometimes

That's why you should write for BRAG. They obviously don't give a rat's ass what impression they give.

They might 'claim' not to speak for the fans but their actions very much suggest otherwise.

And it's *themselves. :)

your posts are not only bordering on embarrasing, they are embarrasing. Who cares what the media and fans of other ckubs think, are you so insecure, that it bothers you.?

you´ve been schooled by pk1875 and you are now trying to move the discussion from officilas brag release/opinion, to outlets and fans from other clubs, should i take that as you waving the white flag batman :P

the club and fans having a bad name will also prevent quality youth players, senior players, coaches and managers wanting to be associated with us, so in effect we just end up with a club full of desperados, has beens, black sheep, basically just the dregs that other well run clubs won't touch(and even then we have to pay them way over the odds to get them in).

After the last 24 hours what credible manager would want to manage Rovers ?

As always Kamy a considered and accurate response, as for the big question, surely, with an elected board and MD, the final say should be made by the board after identifying and interviewing potential managers, thats the norm but it appears as though that is not the norm in the Asian communities, is this a cultural difference which neither Venkys nor Shebby can understand?

Like him or not, I would leave the decision up to Derek Shaw, at least he has some idea of how to run a football club!

That's why you should write for BRAG. They obviously don't give a rat's ass what impression they give.

They might 'claim' not to speak for the fans but their actions very much suggest otherwise.

And it's *themselves. :)

very good go to the top of the class,

the club and fans having a bad name will also prevent quality players, coaches and managers wanting to be associated with us, so in effect we just end up with a club full of desperados, has beens, black sheep, basically just the dregs that other well run clubs won't touch(and even then we have to pay them way over the odds to get them in).

like we have now

We have 6 points to play for in the next 5 days or so. Due to the lack of expertise and incompetance of Mr Singh, we could well be 10+ points drift of the automatic promotion places. That is a big gap to claw back.

This debacle just proves how out of his depth Shebby is, yet people still idolise him for getting rid of Kean.

Christ almighty does everything have to be proved without exception, Do you want McKinley as manager, i don't , Sherwood Shearer, Salgado, Holloway, McCarthy, Tugay, Souness, :huh: :huh: any one would do me just dam well get on with it Shebby then we as supporters cam make our own minds up as to what we want to do.

!!!but according brag only 3 of those potential managers you have mentioned would be accepted by the fans the other 3 would(they claim) cause the fans to go into "meltdown", thats what the issue is.

From the Telegraph article -

"with some members of the board believed to have been surprised by the news of the approach for the Scot.

They are attempting to persuade the owners to instead move for a more experienced boss; instead wanting a move for Blackpool's Ian Holloway."

Well it looks like everything is still continuing in a coherent and cohesive manner at Ewood Park... What dark times these still are for our club and so they will continue to be so until the spectres from distant lands are banished once and for all...

All energy, anguish and anger should, nay, MUST be directed at removing the Charlatans from our Club, without this all words and actions will be pointless and without potency.

Once this occurs then we can hope to rebuild and forge forward once more.

• Backroom

Just read through all this argument and from the outside I can say it is you that has been an embarassment

The way you and yoda have carried on is akin to petulant teenagers

'Schooled' 'butthurt' grow up lads

As always Kamy a considered and accurate response, as for the big question, surely, with an elected board and MD, the final say should be made by the board after identifying and interviewing potential managers, thats the norm but it appears as though that is not the norm in the Asian communities, is this a cultural difference which neither Venkys nor Shebby can understand?

Like him or not, I would leave the decision up to Derek Shaw, at least he has some idea of how to run a football club!

I couldn't agree more. From what people are saying he seems like the only sensible voice in the club at the moment and despite what some people think of him I'm sure there are managers who would be more than happy to work with Shaw.

Archived