BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

I think we should just let Shebby and Shaw get on with the job in hand and when they tell us who the manager is, we should just get behind the person and support our team.

Not up to supporters who should/ should not manage this club. We are there to support the team. No god given right to top managers and we need,as supporters to wake up and smell the coffee.

yeah, it smells different in the lower leagues

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should just let Shebby and Shaw get on with the job in hand and when they tell us who the manager is, we should just get behind the person and support our team.

Not up to supporters who should/ should not manage this club. We are there to support the team. No god given right to top managers and we need,as supporters to wake up and smell the coffee.

Forget coffee. You need to just wake up ;)

Wanted. New manager for former PL football club with an interest in an immediate return. Previous and proven track record in management preferred. Experience of getting teams promoted at this level preferred. Experience of managing clubs on a low budget in the PL preferred. Solution. Billy Mckinlay.

Whichever way you look at it, recruting Mckinlay, Sherwood, Shearer, Ali or the like, represents a much bigger gamble than appointing someone who can prove and demonstrate previous expertise and experience at this level and and managerial competency in the role. After the recent major gamble with the classless one, Rovers are not in a position to make further risky decisions and I remain fearful of another poor appointment.

I have no faith in the abilities of those making the decisions whatsoever.

Wanted. New manager for former PL football club with an interest in an immediate return. Previous and proven track record in management preferred. Experience of getting teams promoted at this level preferred. Experience of managing clubs on a low budget in the PL preferred. Solution. Billy Mckinlay.

Whichever way you look at it, recruting Mckinlay, Sherwood, Shearer, Ali or the like, represents a much bigger gamble than appointing someone who can prove and demonstrate previous expertise and experience at this level and and managerial competency in the role. After the recent major gamble with the classless one, Rovers are not in a position to make further risky decisions and I remain fearful of another poor appointment.

I have no faith in the abilities of those making the decisions whatsoever.

Sorry this does not fit in with the overall opinion being peddled today, A gamble is absoulutely fine (In jest)

You do realise that the majority of Rovers fans do not visit this forum or any Rovers forum?

Yes.

I'm just saying the numbers quoted do not seem correct, I'm not having a go at BRAG. (There's over 300 on here now. It's 2 days since anyone posted on the BRAG forum.)

I don't see why everyone is getting so upset at McKinley as manager, but would have Sherwood instead, both have no experience and both left the club under a cloud, no difference in my book.

Not as many as BRFCS then.

I don't know how many users BRFCS has to be honest, I know that I registered on here years ago, (Last Active Sep 23 2002 19:21 PM )recentley came back couldn't even remember my old email addy so had to re-register yet my old name is still listed, so I'am two of the BRFCS members.

Yep. Now is NOT the time for another experiment. I don't care which ex-player it is if he doesn't have prior mangerial experience with some degree of success in this league then he can sodd off

The only difference I can see is that BRAG members pin Kean Out signs to Pitt Bulls and BRFCS forum members don't ^_^

Yes.

I'm just saying the numbers quoted do not seem correct, I'm not having a go at BRAG. (There's over 300 on here now. It's 2 days since anyone posted on the BRAG forum.)

We dont use our forums on our website, our website is for imformation only not for discussion. This is a discussion board and I can confirm our membership base is now bigger than BRFCS, Although I dont think that matters really , one is a supporters group and one is a discussion website, Both very different.

Every supporter has different opinion on who the new manager should be, but I think its fair to say many have a sytonger opinion on who it shouldnt be. Only the club can decide who they choose, the rest of us, must buckle up and go along for the ride and pray

I don't see why everyone is getting so upset at McKinley as manager, but would have Sherwood instead, both have no experience and both left the club under a cloud, no difference in my book.

Seriously Gav? Reports are widely available on the web from Alan 'best SEM bud' Nixon claiming Kean wanted his CLOSE FRIEND Billy McKinlay as assistant manager.

If I'd said to you the day before Kean left that we would finally get shut of him and then appoint his 'close friend' who he has already tried to tout as his 'assistant', would you not have found it worrying?

Not as many as BRFCS then.

Ok then i shall take you up on this, since you have felt the need to bring it up on 2 separate threads in one afternoon alone.

Please take away all the posters who haven't logged in, in say over 18 months?

Then give me the figure of BRFCS members if you want to bring their membership base in.

There appears to be 6,830 members registered on here and some have not been seen on the site since 2003ish.

Can you clarify this number please Ricky?

I have just seen Les Reed appear on the list of odds straight in at 20/1.

Now if it was a choice between Reed and Mckinlay.....

Yesterday I will admit I wasn't impressed when I saw we made an approach for Billy M but that's because of the other names that have been mentioned (Holloway etc..).

What worries me now is that the names mentioned were completely out of our reach and we may be looking at the likes of Les Reed as an "experienced" option.

I haven't been on here long enough to deduce whether you have realiable sources or not so please dont take offence to this. . . . this goes against everything we have heard in the last 24hrs so can you please elaborate?

Fair point.

Just been told from someone reliable - the same person that told me early last week that the Sherwood deal was dead.

Ok then i shall take you up on this, since you have felt the need to bring it up on 2 separate threads in one afternoon alone.

Please take away all the posters who haven't logged in, in say over 18 months?

Then give me the figure of BRFCS members if you want to bring their membership base in.

There appears to be 6,830 members registered on here and some have no been seen on the site since 2003ish.

Can you clarify this number please Ricky?

You can borrow this if you want? Just wash it before you give me back.tape_measure_icon.jpg

Archived