BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Ok the last thread had gone WAY of topic so it has been closed.

Let's just stick to talk about the potential new manager in here. With shortlisting allegedly due to take place today, there should be a lot cleaerer information coming out on which direction the club are going for in terms of the new manager.

A summary of the poll from the previous thread is that the people who voted wanted Ole Gunnar Solksjaer as manager (37.6%), in second place it was Berndt Schuster (21.69%) and third place was Ian Holloway (13.02%),

Interestingly in the secondary poll on who fans EXPECTED to be appointed by the club, Alan Shearer had the most votes (31.40%) very closely followed by Eric Black (31.20%) with Roy Keane in a distant third (8.68%).

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if rovers are to appointment a young up n coming manager. then its likely to be someone like Karl Robinson, Keith Hill, OLS.

If we go for experience manager I reckon its will foriegn manager like Schuster

all depend on the type of manager they want and whether singh b director of football.

Interesting comment in the Daily Telegraph:

"The surprise names of Dickov, Flitcroft and Barnsley manager Keith Hill are due to be discussed, with Blackburn seemingly working to a two-tiered criteria – high-profile candidates and those with lower league experience"

I think they are obviously going with someone with a past playing or coaching connection to the club so that would rule Judan Ali out. Sherwood still being in the game with a high profile coaching job is why I think he will edge Shearer to it but Karl Robinson will be the dark horse if he has applied.

From what was said to the Action Group, the first choice still appears to be Sherwood and they would have probably moved again sooner if so many ex-Real Madrid and German managers hadn't flattered them into delaying their decision.

I don't know if it's sensible but a partnership of Tugay and Salgado as his assistant...just seems amazing to me. At the end of the day we already have the quality in the squad and the players will respect them. I have NO IDEA why but I would feel more confident and comfortable with those two at the helm than any of our other ex-players...Flitty, Shearer, Sherwood, Dickov etc etc

Also not convinced but I'd assume it's to get the fans onside from day one. Can you imagine the atmosphere at Ewood if Tugay and Salgado were stood in suits on the touchline.

Or Tim Sherwood as manager, Tugay as assistant and Salgado as first team coach. The stuff of dreams in terms of getting fans pumped!

Caught-up with the BRFC & Twitter overrnight goings-on.

Just what a feckin mess.

Seemingly, we have a caretaker about to walk because he learnt he would not get the job (probably from Glen's posting on BRFCS yesterday following his group's meeting with Singh - words to the affect 'no one on the existing payroll will get the job').

We also learn from the Daily Telegraph that managers with the pedigree of Dickov and Flitcroft are under serious consideration.

Today, 13 days after Kean's departure, the club's senior management, none of whom, IMO, have covered themselves in glory or are fit for purpose, will attempt to draw-up a shortlist.

I honestly now believe that the only way forward for the club is for new owners who will quickly sweep away, IMO, all the clowns now involved with our club - management and supporters' "representatives" alike.

I don't think things could be much worse and I really, really fear for the club's future over the next 2 years.

I would assume that Shebby will make recommendations to the owners but in the end it will be the decision of the owners on who is the number 1 target etc.

That is frightening on so many levels. The blind leading the blind indeed. This will not end well.

Or Tim Sherwood as manager, Tugay as assistant and Salgado as first team coach. The stuff of dreams in terms of getting fans pumped!

until we started losing games Kamy. Sentimental stuff has to be put to one side, if they're not up to the job the dream will soon turn into a nightmare. Just pick the best man for the job irrespective of anything else.

I honestly now believe that the only way forward for the club is for new owners who will quickly sweep away, IMO, all the clowns now involved with our club - management and supporters' "representatives" alike.

Was it ever any other way?, Given the past two years of Venky's ownership who actually expected them to start running the club properly?, anyone who did was probably lying to themselves.

Im gonna reserve judgement until the the appointment is made...so much speculation/rumours/bullsh!t flyin about!! this appointment is crucial so if the owners appoint the cheap option or easy option it will tell us all exactly just how highly they rate our once great club! cant always keep taking the easy option, were in crisis at the minute and need a solid figurehead to get us back to some normality after the circus over the past 2 years!

Time to put up or sell up!

Caught-up with the BRFC & Twitter overrnight goings-on.

Just what a feckin mess.

Seemingly, we have a caretaker about to walk because he learnt he would not get the job (probably from Glen's posting on BRFC yesterday following his group's meeting with Singh - words to the affect 'no one on the existing payroll will get the job').

We also learn from the Daily Telegraph that managers with the pedigree of Dickov and Flitcroft are under serious consideration.

Today, 13 days after Kean's departure, the club's senior management, non of whom, IMO, have covered themselves in glory or are fit for purpose, will attempt to draw-up a shortlist.

I don't think things could be much worse and I really, really fear for the club's future over the next 2 years.

quality update!! someone should set up a summary thread with posts like this every few hours so we dont have to sieve through all the fights!

until we started losing games Kamy. Sentimental stuff has to be put to one side, if they're not up to the job the dream will soon turn into a nightmare. Just pick the best man for the job irrespective of anything else.

Irrespective of who is appointed losing games would very quickly have the fans turning on the new appointee. I don't envy those having to make the decision but I agree with many Rovers fans that this decision is by far the biggest Rovers will take in recent memory.

• Backroom

Will people stop harping on about 'the cheap option'? If that's the way you feel, then you'll be happy with anyone other than Eric Black (who is THE cheap option). Whoever the new manager is deserves a chance to get it right. As has been said, how many trees were pulled up by:

Rodgers, Adkins, McDermott, Lambert, O'neill in the seasons before they made it to the big time?

Whether Ali, Black, Solksjaer or Schuster, it doesn't matter about their previous record. What matters is how they perform HERE. End of. And before I get accused of 'happy clapping', I will be amongst the first to criticise if the whole thing goes A over T.

Archived