BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

It was Wolves stupidity in appoiting Terry Connor that got them relegated, Not Mick Mc.

Just like it was our owners stupidity that nearly got us relegated by sacking Big Sam and appointing an unqualified manager.

So if you are saying it wasnt Terry Connors fault Wolves went down, not Shearers fault the toon went down. Then you'd be hypocrites surely if you said it was Steve Keans fault that we nearly got relegated in the season he took over from Big Sam.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twitter saying OGS has penned a 4 year deal....((((taxi driver at brockhall)) .

UNVERIFIED DONT SHOOT ME ,NO IDEA IF TRUE.

No point saying it then. Why would a taxi driver know the specifics?

Sounds like you just want to be the first to say, rather than considering that it's not helpful to post such things and wait for some form of reliable news source to run with such a story.

Shearer is a arrogant individual who believes he has a God-given right to manage a big club based solely on his playing career. Frightening enough our owns fans buy into it! Even Ince had the good grace to learn his trade in the lower leagues.

I'm still waiting to hear what remotely qualifies him for this job. I mean, everything else aside, Shearer has exposed his pig ignorance on MOTD time and time again. If it wasn't for the fact he once played for us, this would be a complete non-starter.

And why do people assume that an experienced staff is going to make a difference? Giafranco Zola had Steve Clarke at West Ham - and you don't get much more experience than that. Didn't do him any favours, did it? People are just so desperate for this Rovers wetdream that they don't care if Shearer's a glorified sockpuppet.

You really don't like him do you?

Not many big name players are happy to drop down divisions for their managerial careers - most start near the top. Therefore I think throwing that at him is a bit harsh. We're hardly a prize catch at the moment. Comparisons to Ince? Well, at least Shearer has been taking coaching badges.

As for what qualifies him...what qualifies any manager for their first role? He had some qualities as a player that are transferable - strong willed, a good leader. We don't know about his tactical nous or ability in the transfer market, but they can be helped by good coaches and scouts. I appreciate there are other ex-players with similar personal qualities that have failed (Tony Adams), but then again there are some that have succeeded.

Yeah he'd be risky, but whoever we appoint will be risky.

No, an experienced manager will be far, far less risky than appointing Shearer.

Indeed. Some risks are more calculated than others.

I think Chuck (and many others) are considerably underestimating the importance of this season and how far it could go to define our long-term future.

Indeed. Some risks are more calculated than others.

I think Chuck (and many others) are considerably underestimating the importance of this season and how far it could go to define our long-term future.

Couldn't agree more, yes its every fans dreams to have an ex-legend return as manager and sky rocket us to unbelievable heights. The chances of that happening though are just as slim as Andy Carroll being the top goalscorer in the Premier League though.

Shearer is a arrogant individual who believes he has a God-given right to manage a big club based solely on his playing career. Frightening enough our own fans buy into it! Even Ince had the good grace to learn his trade in the lower leagues.

I'm still waiting to hear what remotely qualifies him for this job. I mean, everything else aside, Shearer has exposed his pig ignorance on MOTD time and time again. If it wasn't for the fact he once played for us, this would be a complete non-starter.

And why do people assume that an experienced staff is going to make a difference? Giafranco Zola had Steve Clarke at West Ham - and you don't get much more experience than that. Didn't do him any favours, did it? People are just so desperate for this Rovers wetdream that they don't care if Shearer's a glorified sockpuppet.

C'mon ... get off the fence ha ha

Tim Sherwood 7/4 Alan Shearer 4/1 Mick McCarthy 5/1 Eric Black 16/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 20/1 Roy Keane 20/1 Ian Holloway 20/1 Jurgen Klinsmann 25/1 Owen Coyle 33/1 Ottmar Hitzfeld 33/1 Bernd Schuster 33/1 Sven Goran Eriksson 33/1 Keith Hill 33/1 Karl Robinson 33/1 Judan Ali 33/1 Staurt Mccall 50/1 Paul Dickov 50/1 Giovanni Trappatoni 66/1 Henrik Larsson 66/1 Gary Flitcroft 25/1 Rafa Benitez 66/1 Les Ferdinand 66/1 Harry Redknapp 66/1 Jose Antonio Camacho 66/1 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 66/1 Gordon Strachan 66/1 Billy Davies 66/1 Bobby Houghton 66/1 Colin Hendry 66/1 Kenny Dalglish 66/1 Mike Newell 66/1 Nuno Gomez 66/1 Paolo Di Canio 66/1 Greg Abbott 66/1 Alan Curbishley 66/1 Alex McLeish 66/1 Alan Irvine 66/1 Avram Grant 66/1 Brad Friedel 66/1 Carlo Ancelotti 66/1 Carlos Quieroz 66/1 Danny Murphy 66/1 Darren Ferguson 66/1 Dave Jones 66/1 Dennis Wise 66/1 Derek McInnes 66/1 Derek Fazackerley 66/1 Didier Deschamps 66/1 Edwin Van Der Sar 66/1 Frank Rijkaard 66/1 Gareth Southgate 66/1 Gary Megson 66/1 Glenn Hoddle 66/1 Graeme Souness 66/1 Guus Hiddink 66/1 Iain Dowie 66/1 Jeff Kenna 66/1 Luis Figo 66/1 Neil Warnock 66/1 Nigel Worthington 66/1 Ossie Ardiles 66/1 Paul Ince 66/1 Peter Reid 66/1 Phil Brown 66/1 Ray Wilkins 66/1 Ronald Koeman 66/1 Sean Dyche 66/1 Sean O'Driscoll 66/1 Shebby Singh 66/1 Slaven Bilic 66/1 Steve Bruce 66/1 Steve Coppell 66/1 Steve Cotterill 66/1 Stuart Pearce 66/1 Walter Smith 66/1 Brian Laws 66/1 Kevin Keegan 66/1 Tugay 66/1 Robbie Savage 66/1 Tim Flowers 66/1 Wim Koevermans 66/1 David O'Leary 66/1 Brendan Rodgers 100/1 Chris Coleman 100/1 Diego Maradona 100/1 John Coleman 100/1 Paul Lambert 100/1 Roberto Donadoni 100/1 Pep Guardiola 250/1

Please note - Market relates to next permanent appointment.Caretaker or acting manager roles will not count.

Archived