BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

For days, I've been saying OGS, Shearer & Sherwood with Freedman as a dark horse.

I think Bolton have snared OGS which leaves Sherwood as favourite. In the event of a 'Devon Loch' wee Dougie is waiting in the wings and he's gathering momentum fast !

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For days, I've been saying OGS, Shearer & Sherwood with Freedman as a dark horse.

I think Bolton have snared OGS which leaves Sherwood as favourite. In the event of a 'Devon Loch' wee Dougie is waiting in the wings and he's gathering momentum fast !

So we have to choose between Sherwood, Shearer and Freedman. dont know who I would choose tbh

I still can't get my head around why so many people will gladly have an inexperienced man back at the helm knowing what two of our last three managers were like. Sentiment isn't going to help sort out this mess of a club.

That can only happen with a hell of a lot of collusion though between bookies to shorten the odds all at once. Besides, that frees up other people in the race to have longer odds, which people will risk making a lot of cash from. The bookies can't afford to lengthen their odds to the extent where decent money can be made on the rest of the field, otherwise they'll lose a packet, especially in this case as Venky's are so unpredictable.

When everybody else's odds lengthen to this extent and there is one rider clearly leading the pack, more often than not, there is some substance to it.

This is hypothetical but possible nonetheless considering our chequered last couple of years

Doesn't necessarily need any collusion if the source of the information is one and the same.

Horses that are odds on don't always win,sometimes their trainers know they definitely won't, so may others in the inner circle

Might be worthwhile checking the exchanges eg Betfair to see if there are any nibblers yet betting against Sherwood

Would prefer Sherwood to Shearer, but really what our club desperately needs now is an experienced pair of hands.

All the noises seem to indicate Sherwood has a fair degree of footballing intelligence, but then so did Kidd and Harford.

I guess it could be worse but then we could also do so much better.

oh right

only time will tell.

can't see Sherwood being allow to leave Spurs.

so would be Freedman imo if that the shortlist

Levy is a hard nosed business b @ s t a r d, and is pretty good at it.

Issue for Rovers may be compo bill, Sherwood's two million and whatever Wilkins wants (including his 6 phone lines up Hollowhead @ Wilpshire !).

Only downside to Freedman's appointment is that he's a mate of Nicko's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard today that Sherwood is number 1 on the list and that a strong approach will be made - at that stage Sherwood was 4's, now he's odds on of up to 2/5. So iv confidence there is something in that story.

I also work with alot of Bolton fans, 1 of them has friends in good places at Bolton - it doesnt look like OGS will be the man, apparently he isnt interested in either of us. Bolton have however ALREADY interviewed Appleton, according to a senior member of the coaching staff there.They have also rejected McCarthy & McLeish according to some & also the local rag.

We paid £8m for Jordan Rhodes and kept Kean for nigh on 2 years. Money and logic don't sit easy with our friends in Pune.

I'll be happy enough with Sherwood, with another new guy with him. I said Sherwood originally as my choice, really McCarthy was the one I would have gone for after it all died down a bit.

We shall see, he could be the next Mourinho for all we know. Now what are the odds on that?

Makes you wonder Bob 'silent whispers' ;)

That only dogs can hear?!

I've not a clue, not heard a thing (I ain't a dog) but you look at those odds and to me the bookies are pretty confident. Not so much Sherwoods odds but the competition have drifted way out.

Heard today that Sherwood is number 1 on the list and that a strong approach will be made - at that stage Sherwood was 4's, now he's odds on of up to 2/5. So iv confidence there is something in that story.

I also work with alot of Bolton fans, 1 of them has friends in good places at Bolton - it doesnt look like OGS will be the man, apparently he isnt interested in either of us. Bolton have however ALREADY interviewed Appleton, according to a senior member of the coaching staff there.They have also rejected McCarthy & McLeish according to some & also the local rag.

the OGS story seem likely. Even though i think Bolton and Blackburn are two clubs he would seriously consider working for due to their location its just the wrong timing. Only 6 months after alot of fuzz with the villa link, and 5 weeks until the season ends, and they are in a dogs race for the first place. the most optimal time to hire someone like solskjær from the norwegian league would be december-february.

In addition i don't think solskjær would fancy joining a club with with 100 million in debt and nothing to spend. We may have clueless owners but at least they splash some cash from time to time.

would be happy if we got sherwood. think he can do a good job for us

my name is Earl wrote:His link to Rovers for me doesn't mean as much as what I hope he will bring to a squad short of everything in practice but pretty good on paper. Okay, it's his first job and I would prefer an experienced man, but taking a risk on Sherwood at least seems like a calculated move rather then hiring Black, for example.

My friend even thinking of of giving the gig to Black would be like saying hello to the dr. Martens league and I swear if they insult us by giving the job to Black the first thing I will do is buy a doll stick a pic of Mrs D and stick pins in its eyes and perform voodoo on it because it will further prove these clowns have learnt nothing in 2 years

Sydneyrover wrote:I guess it could be worse but then we could also do so much better.

This man speaks a lot of sense if our owners were using the brains god gave them they would approach an Alan Curbishley/ Bernd Schuster/Mick McCarthy to guarantee promotion but sadly we are dealing with clowns and I still get the impression they will get it wrong !

I said it a week ago, Solskjær won't leave Molde. This was backed up with conversation I had with Lars Bohinen, who said he wouldn't leave molde at this point... And it doesn't even make sense for him to take up the managerial reins, after committing to Molde just a few months back. Besides, he is doing well in the Europa league, won 2-0 against Stuttgart the other day, and is on the brink of winning his second title with Molde.

The ITKs and whatnot could all be speculating, but trust me, the Norwegian media would be all over it if OGS was in England...

The ITKs and whatnot could all be speculating, but trust me, the Norwegian media would be all over it if OGS was in England...

He was deffo in England in Monday mate - not sure about now.... he was watching United's kids or ressies on monday night

Archived