Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Nicko is right - if it is TS, will be done and dusted by Sunday with TS taking Monday's training.

If it falls apart, I would expect Freedman to be in place by next Wednesday.

I would be happy with that situation.

There are a lot of mixed reports about Sherwood though saying he wouldn't take the job. I can't understand that. If he wants to get into management why wouldn't he consider the Rovers job ?

There are a lot of mixed reports about Sherwood though saying he wouldn't take the job. I can't understand that. If he wants to get into management why wouldn't he consider the Rovers job ?

If I were about to go into management, I would want to succeed or fail off my own decisions.

It's obvious why Shebby sees Sherwood as the man to take charge. It isn't based on his abilities because Shebby can know nothing of them. It's based on the fact that he led rovers to the PL title. It's Shebby's "Ronnie Clayton moment", it's another of Shebby's dreams. It's another "name" just as Maradonna was. What Shebby can't realise is that Sherwood wasn't as popular as he thinks.

I predict Shebby will eventually be seen as just another of the current crop of people running the club and will become almost as despised as them and the last "manager". You know, the one they wouldn't sack.

Would Sherwood cut the mustard here? Who knows, but it's Venky's again moving in circles they know absolutely nothing about.

Oh - and it could allow Shebby to say "come over to us Tim. We'll nurture you and I know where I can find you a dozen quality young Ethiopians who you can coach into top footballers".

Not sure about that Den.

He is one of the most highly rated young coaches in the country. His isn't a reputation simply built on his playing career. Shebby is a staunch Spurs fan so will obviously be aware of how highly rated he is.

There have been articles on how highly Spurs think of him for a while now. Levy seems to be going out of his way to give him an important role at the club (even at the risk of upsetting the manager).

I think Nicko is right - if it is TS, will be done and dusted by Sunday with TS taking Monday's training.

If it falls apart, I would expect Freedman to be in place by next Wednesday.

Well at least i would be £30 up-not the best odds at 4-1 but hey i'd rather put up with TS than Murphy even at 101-1!!

Can think of a lot worse than TS he would have my support.

Who is his agent? i've heard speculation (might explain why Nicko has a heads up)

Not sure about that Den.

He is one of the most highly rated young coaches in the country. His isn't a reputation simply built on his playing career. Shebby is a staunch Spurs fan so will obviously be aware of how highly rated he is.

There have been articles on how highly Spurs think of him for a while now. Levy seems to be going out of his way to give him an important role at the club (even at the risk of upsetting the manager).

Seems to me a very smilar situation to Kean. Highly regarded coach. Perhaps better references in that 'Arry was a big fan.

I am pretty pessimistic if it's him. You can hope he turns out to have authority, man management, tactical acumen, leadership and vision to be a good football manager. But none of those are really tested as a coach. So all you've got to go on is hope.

Even Paul Ince at least showed he could lead a football club before he came to rovers. Sherwood hasn't even done that...

Ewood fears as manager search goes on

http://www.lancashir...search_goes_on/

No surprise that everyone within Ewood will be scratching their heads.

Makes my decision to buy a ticket to Derby look an absolute shocker right now, because 1) I cannot see us having made an appointment by then and 2) The players/management won't be too worried about a performance with the uncertainty surrounding the club.

Alexanders - read the LET article above and you'll understand the "doom and gloom".

Interesting article Maj. As you seem to have shot down my two suggestions for a number 2 who would you like to see in that position? The two I suggested were people I could imagine TS bringing in. Who's your suggestion?

In response to the post abbove. He didn't reject it. He said there had been no approach.

Unless Rovers can persuade him, I think we are wasting our time on this one and need to move on. I have a feeling we will be managerless come the Derby game.

Black seems like a man of pride, so it wouldn't surprise me if he walked with this uncertainty surrounding his future. But fear not, "Braveheart" wouldn't turn his nose up to it.

Sherwood is not interested in the Rovers job. Trust me on this one. Like I said, unless Rovers can persuade him otherwise, it's not happening.

So in the space of 2 minutes you've back tracked from "rejected approach" to " not interested.". That being the case, we should trust you because.....? :glare:

So in the space of 2 minutes you've back tracked from "rejected approach" to " not interested.". That being the case, we should trust you because.....? :glare:

Sorry I wasn't clear. From what I have heard, Sherwood and Shebby met 5 weeks ago to discuss the managerial position at Ewood. Sherwood has then since told his close friends that he is not interested in the Rovers job.

That is why I think we are wasting our time on Sherwood and should move on ASAP.

If Sherwood has no interest in management then fine, he won't be interested in the Rovers job but if he is then he is hardly going to stop at Spurs waiting for that job.

IF he is Shebbys number 1 option then Shebby will do everything in his power to make it work because his head will be on the line as well. He won't put pressure on his own man like he did with Kean.

When I say make it work I mean convince Venkys to spend money if needed. He did it with Rhodes and I'm sure he could do it again.

I can see this working.

Sherwood rejected the job 5-6 weeks ago. He is not interested. I think we are wasting our time behind him as he is not interested from what I have heard.

Unless Rovers can persuade him, I think we are wasting our time on this one and need to move on. I have a feeling we will be managerless come the Derby game.

Hang on B&WR, he's" rejected "it, he's "not interested" but you "think" we are wasting our time (from what you've heard).........unless we can persuade him :blink:

Nowt personal but I'm getting a bit tired of this kind of bullshine. You clearly now about as much of the rest of us so how about you give it a rest?

Hang on B&WR, he's" rejected "it, he's "not interested" but you "think" we are wasting our time (from what you've heard).........unless we can persuade him :blink:

Nowt personal but I'm getting a bit tired of this kind of bullshine. You clearly now about as much of the rest of us so how about you give it a rest?

+1

Even Paul Ince at least showed he could lead a football club before he came to rovers. Sherwood hasn't even done that...

Neither had Mark Hughes.

The comparisons to Kean are unjust. Kean had drifted around the game for years and nobody had considered him managerial potential. Sherwood is already being groomed for the managers position at Spurs, and Levy is one of the better chairman in this* league.

Edit: Sorry, their. :(

Archived