Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on B&WR, he's" rejected "it, he's "not interested" but you "think" we are wasting our time (from what you've heard).........unless we can persuade him :blink:

Nowt personal but I'm getting a bit tired of this kind of bullshine. You clearly now about as much of the rest of us so how about you give it a rest?

Shebby and Sherwood met 5 weeks ago to discuss the managerial position. He has since told close friends (who I am lucky to know) that he is not interested in being the manager of Blackburn Rovers.

I am the first to admit that I know as much as the rest of you, however the information that I have been passed on I thought I would share with you guys. A lot of you seem to be getting your hopes up on Sherwood. I don't see it happening because of what I heard. Unless Shebby can use his magical powers that is.

This MB is horrible. Same doom & gloom and only negative posts from the same posters all the time. We get it.

No, posts like yours are tiresome.

Those posters posting 'doom and gloom' over the last two years have been almost entirely proven right, and Rovers Fans like yourself have been almost always in the wrong.

Neither had Mark Hughes.

The comparisons to Kean are unjust. Kean had drifted around the game for years and nobody had considered him managerial potential. Sherwood is already being groomed for the managers position at Spurs, and Levy is one of the better chairman in this league.

So managing Wales to the status that Hughes did doesn't put him in advance of Sherwood currently??

Who on earth says Sherwoods being groomed as the next spuds manager?? Harry?

So managing Wales to the status that Hughes did doesn't put him in advance of Sherwood currently??

Who on earth says Sherwoods being groomed as the next spuds manager?? Harry?

I didn't say the first sentence. JBN specifically used the term "football club", hence my reply. Of course Sparky was more qualified.

There are plenty of articles around on Sherwood and how he is being groomed at Spurs.

You seem to get very aggressive whenever coaching/managing is discussed. Chill out.

Shebby and Sherwood met 5 weeks ago to discuss the managerial position. He has since told close friends (who I am lucky to know) that he is not interested in being the manager of Blackburn Rovers.

I am the first to admit that I know as much as the rest of you, however the information that I have been passed on I thought I would share with you guys. A lot of you seem to be getting your hopes up on Sherwood. I don't see it happening because of what I heard. Unless Shebby can use his magical powers that is.

Putting myself in Sherwood's shoes. After meeting Shebby (with the contents of this rendezvous staying completely private) I am then asked by friends if I am interested in being manager of BRFC. Hypothetically my obvious answers are to either reply:

A: Yes I am 100% interested.

or

B: No I am not interested.

If I answer A there is a risk of it getting to the media that I am interested in another job, risking upsetting my current bosses/colleagues/club fans etc, with no guarantee that I will get the position.

If I answer B then Spurs will have no problem with my answer but if BRFC step up with an offer that I can't refuse I can take said offer without messing around my current employers.

This is my view on it and so I wouldn't take Sherwood's words to friends as Gospel. (Tbh with BRFC I wouldn't take ANYTHING you hear as Gospel)

Sherwood is not interested in the Rovers job. Trust me on this one. Like I said, unless Rovers can persuade him otherwise, it's not happening.

Kinda covering your bases there bud...'not interested' suggests no matter what happens he doesnt want it, throwing in the old 'unless Rovers can persuade him otherwise' is a cop out for if he does come...then you can pull the old 'pursuasian' card...

If hes not interested thats the end of it then...

I didn't say the first sentence. JBN specifically used the term "football club", hence my reply. Of course Sparky was more qualified.

There are plenty of articles around on Sherwood and how he is being groomed at Spurs.

You seem to get very aggressive whenever coaching/managing is discussed. Chill out.

I write abrupt as I have a busy schedule, I have 2-3 full time jobs these days. Apologies if you interpret things that way it's not the case.

So you base your whole statement on the press? Pray tell what has been written in the press about rovers for the last 22 months? is it all true, even fergie said Keans doing a great job in difficult circumstances was he telling the truth? how many football men came out and said keans records the worst in their history and it's little wonder the fans are revolting?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tim+sherwood+future+spurs+manager&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Plenty of articles? the only man I can see who has said that is Harry and he don't make those decisions.

I wouldn't be using the english press as a method of judging anyone.

In football money talks. IF we are really prepared to offer Sherwood £2 million wages, plus £1 million promotion bonus, then he would find that very hard to turn down.

yep thats right , money no object in a game of FIFA 2013.Another £2m on the overhead for a guy that has never managed-sorry lads but you are having a giraffe.

No way this lot will be writing contracts worth £6-8m whilst we are a Championship Club, surely?? Otherwise we are destined to crash and burn.

Is nobody looking at the cash situation which has built up here since the Summer?? Its out of control and heading for Disastersville!!

Putting myself in Sherwood's shoes. After meeting Shebby (with the contents of this rendezvous staying completely private) I am then asked by friends if I am interested in being manager of BRFC. Hypothetically my obvious answers are to either reply:

A: Yes I am 100% interested.

or

B: No I am not interested.

If I answer A there is a risk of it getting to the media that I am interested in another job, risking upsetting my current bosses/colleagues/club fans etc, with no guarantee that I will get the position.

If I answer B then Spurs will have no problem with my answer but if BRFC step up with an offer that I can't refuse I can take said offer without messing around my current employers.

This is my view on it and so I wouldn't take Sherwood's words to friends as Gospel. (Tbh with BRFC I wouldn't take ANYTHING you hear as Gospel)

It could well be the case. However, I am pretty confident he does not want the job, although like Kamy stated earlier, money talks.

• Backroom

What has Shaun Custis got to do with it?

A newspaper called 'The Sun' is touting Sherwood more than any other paper. Shaun Custis works there (is he the the sports editor or is that his brother and he's just a journo)?

Kinda covering your bases there bud...'not interested' suggests no matter what happens he doesnt want it, throwing in the old 'unless Rovers can persuade him otherwise' is a cop out for if he does come...then you can pull the old 'pursuasian' card...

If hes not interested thats the end of it then...

Personally I think it is the end of it and we are wasting our times. However, just like Jordan Rhodes and Huddersfield, money talks, so circumstances can change. Take a look at my posts. I don't claim to be an ITK nor have I ever broken a story. I'm just passing on what I have heard.

This MB is horrible. Same doom & gloom and only negative posts from the same posters all the time. We get it.

You are so right my friend,whoever becomes manager the moaners on here will still be moaning,nobody seemed to have a go at Jack when he employed 4 managers and only really got Kenny right,Kidd,Hartford great coaches who couldn't manage,and Hodgson didn't last too long,if it is Sherwood I think he will make a good manager,but who knows,it's a very hard decision.

Personally I think it is the end of it and we are wasting our times. However, just like Jordan Rhodes and Huddersfield, money talks, so circumstances can change. Take a look at my posts. I don't claim to be an ITK nor have I ever broken a story. I'm just passing on what I have heard.

I hear ye but your post just seemed to have many holes in it...its all speculation at the minute so i appreciate anyone passing on any info but i personally find it hard to believe hes not in the slightest bit interested, great opportuinity, great money, so not to even consider it would be a bit daft!!

Nothing more than a feeling but i reckon it will be him...cant even comprehend it being Judan Ali etc...

Archived