Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherwood was an excellent player for Rovers - one of the best midfield players we've had at the club. That doesn't mean he will be a good manager however and the appointment if it happens would represent another outrageous and unnecessary gamble by the owners.

I'm with Right Rover on this one. He was the luckiest man alive to be holding up the Premier League trophy.

Seemingly, we have a caretaker about to walk because he learnt he would not get the job (probably from Glen's posting on BRFCS yesterday following his group's meeting with Singh - words to the affect 'no one on the existing payroll will get the job').

If Eric Black thought he was still in the running for the job after getting a measly 2 points out 0f 9, then he is sadly much more deluded than Steve Kean.

Akon it is. Balaji says his record is among the best out there !

Im really warming to Shebby. This comment is hilarious.

When I got here it was like a holiday home,’ he said. ‘Too many fat cats who were overpaid and underperforming. That’s changing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2216477/Shebby-Singh-says-Blackburn-job-good-opportunity.html#ixzz2946WKMXl

I'm with Right Rover on this one. He was the luckiest man alive to be holding up the Premier League trophy.

If you had in your mind what he was like when he signed you'd be right but he was brilliant after we got promotion. He would switch the play on the break time after time. He had a good engine, could tackle and he scored some important goals. I preferred Dunn (when he first came through), Batty and Tugay but I can't think of any other better midfielders we've had in the last 25 years. What was wrong with him in your view (apart from that he was a bit of a tart...)?

I'm surprised Mick McCarthy is still high up in the betting considering he hasn't been particularly mentioned in the gossip surrounding the job. The fact that Sherwood is odds on is a big indicator as with so many names in the line for the job its unusual to have an odds on favourite at 1/4 if there wasn't something in it.

If Eric Black thought he was still in the running for the job after getting a measly 2 points out 0f 9, then he is sadly much more deluded than Steve Kean.

black has been infected with the kean disease, it removes any links to what others call reality.

When I got here it was like a holiday home,’ he said. ‘Too many fat cats who were overpaid and underperforming. That’s changing

I'm sorry but I don't buy it, we believe he made life uncomfortable for Kean which was great, but Kean was allowed to resign which is criminal in my book, the rat will now line his pockets for being absolutely useless on every level.

Singh has a long way to go before convincing me he's anywhere near the right man for the job he's doing, look at the amateurish stuff going on over the past few days if you need any convincing on that score.

I still maintain its like having one of the muppets from soccer Saturday running the club, only difference is they've more experience than Singh to do that job!

Time will tell, but far to many people are getting starry eyed over Shebby Singh in my book.

Good job you didn't have a double on OGS and Shef Wed Mercer :)

If it is Sherwood then an experienced number 2 is a must. Jordan or Wilkins would fit the bill.

You've got to love mercermans tips, he could pick his own nose i'm convinced of that!

When I got here it was like a holiday home,’ he said. ‘Too many fat cats who were overpaid and underperforming. That’s changing.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2946WKMXl

Then we signed Gomes and Muprhy on £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

hardly changing things.

More smoke a mirrors for people to believe

I'm sorry but I don't buy it, we believe he made life uncomfortable for Kean which was great, but Kean was allowed to resign which is criminal in my book, the rat will now line his pockets for being absolutely useless on every level.

Singh has a long way to go before convincing me he's anywhere near the right man for the job he's doing, look at the amateurish stuff going on over the past few days if you need any convincing on that score.

I still maintain its like having one of the muppets from soccer Saturday running the club, only difference is they've more experience than Singh to do that job!

Time will tell, but far to many people are getting starry eyed over Shebby Singh in my book.

You've got to love mercermans tips, he could pick his own nose i'm convinced of that!

Couldn't agree more with you Gav. The fact that Shebby is now communicating with fans has automatically made him a cult hero amongst many supporters. He should have had the balls to sack Kean, but bottled it and it forced him to resign which in turn will cost us more.

Secondly, many on here are giving Shebby the credit for the Jordan Rhodes signing. It was Kean that identified the player which Shebby then delivered. Many fans think it was Shebby that wanted him and got him. If we were a proper run club, there would be no room for Shebby other than the coffee shop. The man talks way too much dribble for my liking.

Finally, the biggest problem is due to the lack of communication over the past 18 months, now that we have Shebby to communicate with, fans are expecting updates on everything. That wasn't the way our club was run nor should be. It's wise for Shebby just to take the back seat and stop giving needless interviews, which will just get us into more bother.

Rovers delivered a statement last night, that should appease majority of the fans, now it's time for Shebby to shut up and deliver on a decent manager that will see us promoted. After all, it's the first thing he sees when he looks at his phone. :huh:

I like his style. I dont say he is messiah, but he certainly is a fresh breath and has IMO created more positivtity.

Finally, the biggest problem is due to the lack of communication over the past 18 months, now that we have Shebby to communicate with, fans are expecting updates on everything. That wasn't the way our club was run nor should be. It's wise for Shebby just to take the back seat and stop giving needless interviews, which will just get us into more bother.

He gave an interwiev that a manager shouldnt be threatened to come here. Nothing wrong with that. Media is a great platform to communcate to masses in a short period of time. Especially in these forum, twitter, facebook days.

I like his style. I dont say he is messiah, but he certainly is a fresh breath and has IMO created more positivtity.

He gave an interwiev that a manager shouldnt be threatened to come here. Nothing wrong with that. Media is a great platform to communcate to masses in a short period of time. Especially in these forum, twitter, facebook days.

He talks too much for my liking. There was no need for him to give the interview in the Daily Mail. If we have had 40 applicants as rumoured, or if we are to believe Shebby, a higher number, then surely that proves managers aren't threatened to come here. So that interview was pointless.

A little ray of hope...been at Universal Studios in LA today and saw Avram Grant in the queue behind me. Casually asked him about him and the Rovers job...he's definitely not anywhere near the running. :)

And no, as ridiculous as that sounds it actually happened...after the tour/ride loads of people mobbed him for photos. He was actually really nice...now to find an actual manager.

I was there the other day and had my pic taken with Mickey Mouse only to realise when i got home it was Steve Kean :blink:

thats an excellent point, its time to restore balance. Its simply not in the best interest of the club nor the fans, that us fans know everything or almost everything. I wouldnt mind it , if shebby now and then, threw a bit of a curveball mixed with his comical inputs, but as we need a period of stability, id prefer he would wait until we more stable as a club.

With this information blackout and new managers needed across the North West, Andy Cryer has been busy on a Bruno story

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

An 800+ word feature on Bruno Ribeiro already written this am and in tmrws LT. Whatever anyone thinks about his ability, an interesting tale

though he has this to say about Sherwood:

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@cotty_mc I still can't see it happening to be honest. They want him but.......

Archived