BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Interesting take on the "why isn't it sorted yet" situation, which seemed to have appeared almost straight away...

Harford - Hodgson = 66 days

Hodgson - Kidd = 13 days

Kidd - Souness = 132 days (although Tony Parkes was originally installed as permanent manager)

Souness - Hughes = 10 days

Hughes - Ince = 20 days

Ince - Allardyce = 1 day

Today is only a fortnight since KeanOut left. In recent history, the club has only made 2 decisions quicker (and both good ones). Unfortunately 2-3 weeks saw both Kidd and Ince. We are now in the danger zone!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant decide on Sherwood...i would prefer an older head but i can see Tim going in there and shaking the whole place up, gettin the players onside, supporters onside and creating an atmosphere around the place thats been missing for so long..i certainly wont be jumping for joy if hes appointed but i also wont be disappointed which seems to be my standard when it comes to Rovers these days...

On a scale of 1-10, this appointment would rate as a 6.5 in my book!

Im really warming to Shebby. This comment is hilarious.

When I got here it was like a holiday home,’ he said. ‘Too many fat cats who were overpaid and underperforming. That’s changing.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2946WKMXl

I find the following remark from shebby troubling

‘Everyone knows there has been a situation between the owners and the fans and the previous manager, but they are on our side now,’ he said.

Highlights the danger of ANY group getting to close to the club at the moment. Dialogue with the shebby etc can be taken out of context. Are the fans on venkys side as this quote indicates? I do not believe that fans will be on venkys side, will ever happen. Especailly if they continue running the club they way they are doing now. IF all of a sudden they have brain implants and start appointing proper footballing people and run the club properly, then there would be a chance. But there are NO SIGNS of that happening.

Re read what he said and try and figure it out.

Oh the old ambiguous term ' experience'. What should he be experienced in?

Arthur Cox was experienced, very much so.

If it is to be Sherwood then I'd rather see someone who's been on the frontline for several years, had success and who's skill base amplifies Sherwoods or adds to it. Ray was the most popular man at Chelsea, everyones friend so when he went it felt like everyone had lost a good mate. That was the reason for their decline, the players psychological state went down as would most people's.

We are told we are looking for a student of the game, another Mourinho and one sits right in front of everyones faces. Presenting at Leaders in performance, would most football men do that? No, it tells a lot about his character that he is willing to do so at a scientific conference. He has strong links to most of the main men in British sports science and has had success with two teams now. He obviously wants to learn, why else do that sort of thing and that's exactly why Mourinho et al have done what they did. Most in football are not like this, think they know it all and don't see any benefit from growing externally. At this point I'll add in that I'm told Tim didn'teven attend the conference with representatives from the worlds elite sports performers and major players from world football.

http://backpagefootball.com/tim-sherwood-stick-or-twist/49404/

Read the above and then read below:

So highly regarded is he by everyone there that they are not willing to promote him to keep him, why? He excels in all the aspects that a DoF needs too according to that.

Because having been a hirer and firer in several industries I know that if I had a potential great on my hands I'd promote him to keep his talents on board.

With this information blackout and new managers needed across the North West, Andy Cryer has been busy on a Bruno story

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

An 800+ word feature on Bruno Ribeiro already written this am and in tmrws LT. Whatever anyone thinks about his ability, an interesting tale

though he has this to say about Sherwood:

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

@cotty_mc I still can't see it happening to be honest. They want him but.......

Andy Cryer is usually spot on but he has ruled out everyone over the last couple of weeks. Every time someone asks him about a potential manager his response is ...I can't see it happening !

For what its worth regarding Sherwood I can see it happening. I doubt Bolton would want him and if he wants to get into management he needs to make a move soon.

Despite what some people are saying we do have a decent squad and even though the pressure is on to get promotion this season (is that a bad thing ?) if it goes wrong then I doubt Sherwood will be blamed because it will be easy to blame everything on Venkys.

People like Neil Custis wouldn't be mentioning Sherwood if it was't a possibility so for Andy to say "I can't see it happening" is strange and unless Shebby has said there is no chance of Sherwood getting the job then I have no idea what he is basing that opinion on.

Mr Cryer couldn't see Danny Murphy or Jordan Rhodes happening either...in fact I remember when Rhodes signed he tweeted about 5 mins before saying "I can't see it happening".

Oh the old ambiguous term ' experience'. What should he be experienced in?

Arthur Cox was experienced, very much so.

He said that if we get Sherwood then we need an experienced number two. Then named two experienced numbers twos.

Carry on with the pretension if it makes you feel more experienced, but it was pretty crystal.

It's obvious why Shebby sees Sherwood as the man to take charge. It isn't based on his abilities because Shebby can know nothing of them. It's based on the fact that he led rovers to the PL title. It's Shebby's "Ronnie Clayton moment", it's another of Shebby's dreams. It's another "name" just as Maradonna was. What Shebby can't realise is that Sherwood wasn't as popular as he thinks.

I predict Shebby will eventually be seen as just another of the current crop of people running the club and will become almost as despised as them and the last "manager". You know, the one they wouldn't sack.

Would Sherwood cut the mustard here? Who knows, but it's Venky's again moving in circles they know absolutely nothing about.

Oh - and it could allow Shebby to say "come over to us Tim. We'll nurture you and I know where I can find you a dozen quality young Ethiopians who you can coach into top footballers".

I find the following remark from shebby troubling

‘Everyone knows there has been a situation between the owners and the fans and the previous manager, but they are on our side now,’ he said.

Highlights the danger of ANY group getting to close to the club at the moment. Dialogue with the shebby etc can be taken out of context. Are the fans on venkys side as this quote indicates? I do not believe that fans will be on venkys side, will ever happen. Especailly if they continue running the club they way they are doing now. IF all of a sudden they have brain implants and start appointing proper footballing people and run the club properly, then there would be a chance. But there are NO SIGNS of that happening.

To be fair I think he was talking to any prospective managers.

Good job you didn't have a double on OGS and Shef Wed Mercer :)

If it is Sherwood then an experienced number 2 is a must. Jordan or Wilkins would fit the bill.

You can't win them all ! Don't worry, 2012 has been a good year.

Spot on about the number 2. We need to clear out Black, Hendry & Brunskill then, IMO, we will be well on the way with a successful decontamination.

If anyone still needs convincing about how tabloid journalism works this is the proof.

Kean out of work, his agent wants publicity for him etc. journalists briefed, headlines appear.....and many people see it as credible reporting.

No different to how the broadsheets work.

It's obvious why Shebby sees Sherwood as the man to take charge. It isn't based on his abilities because Shebby can know nothing of them. It's based on the fact that he led rovers to the PL title. It's Shebby's "Ronnie Clayton moment", it's another of Shebby's dreams. It's another "name" just as Maradonna was. What Shebby can't realise is that Sherwood wasn't as popular as he thinks.

I predict Shebby will eventually be seen as just another of the current crop of people running the club and will become almost as despised as them and the last "manager". You know, the one they wouldn't sack.

Would Sherwood cut the mustard here? Who knows, but it's Venky's again moving in circles they know absolutely nothing about.

Oh - and it could allow Shebby to say "come over to us Tim. We'll nurture you and I know where I can find you a dozen quality young Ethiopians who you can coach into top footballers".

You are not wrong Den.And wasn't it Sherwood who caused uproar as a player by giving the Blackburn end the V signs?

I don't know what the magerial answer is and everybody will put up arguments for and against almost every candidate mentioned on this MB.However the real scary thing is that we still have toxic owners who dont have a clue, a stench around the Club that will not go away as long as they are here and a group of absolute no hopers working for the owners.

That to me says it cannot rectify itself and why any self respecting manager would ask the most basic of questions about how the Club is run and disappear sharpish.Any who don't can only be described as total mercenaries who don't honestly give a monkeys but will pitch up for the cash-and then the pay off.

nicko say rovers have one man shortlist. The man is Tim Sherwood and he expects some major developments to happen today.

I think Nicko is right - if it is TS, will be done and dusted by Sunday with TS taking Monday's training.

If it falls apart, I would expect Freedman to be in place by next Wednesday.

Archived