BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Thanks Jim.

God only knows why I changed his name to Shaun!

Think hes a jouno off the Sunday Supplement...in fact im sure, prob some relation!!

Just checked...there brothers!! mmmmmmmm custis!! i mean custard...i mean custis!!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No, posts like yours are tiresome.

Those posters posting 'doom and gloom' over the last two years have been almost entirely proven right, and Rovers Fans like yourself have been almost always in the wrong.

You may want to play down 'the last two years' taking into account duplicate accounts aren't allowed especially if you were banned

Tread carefully 'Tony'

I hear ye but your post just seemed to have many holes in it...its all speculation at the minute so i appreciate anyone passing on any info but i personally find it hard to believe hes not in the slightest bit interested, great opportuinity, great money, so not to even consider it would be a bit daft!!

Nothing more than a feeling but i reckon it will be him...cant even comprehend it being Judan Ali etc...

Working for Venky's. That's enough to put anyone off.

Oh the old ambiguous term ' experience'. What should he be experienced in?

Arthur Cox was experienced, very much so.

If it is to be Sherwood then I'd rather see someone who's been on the frontline for several years, had success and who's skill base amplifies Sherwoods or adds to it. Ray was the most popular man at Chelsea, everyones friend so when he went it felt like everyone had lost a good mate. That was the reason for their decline, the players psychological state went down as would most people's.

We are told we are looking for a student of the game, another Mourinho and one sits right in front of everyones faces. Presenting at Leaders in performance, would most football men do that? No, it tells a lot about his character that he is willing to do so at a scientific conference. He has strong links to most of the main men in British sports science and has had success with two teams now. He obviously wants to learn, why else do that sort of thing and that's exactly why Mourinho et al have done what they did. Most in football are not like this, think they know it all and don't see any benefit from growing externally. At this point I'll add in that I'm told Tim didn'teven attend the conference with representatives from the worlds elite sports performers and major players from world football.

http://backpagefootb...or-twist/49404/

Read the above and then read below:

So highly regarded is he by everyone there that they are not willing to promote him to keep him, why? He excels in all the aspects that a DoF needs too according to that.

Because having been a hirer and firer in several industries I know that if I had a potential great on my hands I'd promote him to keep his talents on board.

Even at the risk of losing your most recent appointment, AVB, it's clear he wants his own man in, Levy knows he needs to keep the crew happy or face a possible mutiny.

Sommerset Rover: I have read the article in the LT and all we have to go by is rumours about Bolton going after OGS. This have not been reported in the norwegian media at all compared to when OGS was rumoured to Rovers this was all over the Norwegian media. Hence I dont think there is anything in the rumours to Bolton.

We have also when we had a stable fundament for hiring managers taken a few days / weeks to get the right man. It has occured as someone posted earlier that the more time we have taken the bigger the Kean up, but in my book it is often important to consider the options available and if true they have been overwhelmed by the applicants this is a perfect reason why they take their time. We spent 1 day getting Allardyce after Ince got the sack, but tthat was after we had hounded Allardyce away in the first place which also tells me that no one is good enough.

I am also of the impression that one guys personalities/cvs can be very similar to another one, but that doesnt necessarily mean it will pan out the same way.

Thats why I find comparisons to kean getting the praise as a coach with Sherwood the same sitation as unfair.

I dont know what qualities Sherwood has, but the fact that he is considered an up and coming man, plus the fact that he is a Rovers legend gives me the confidence that he can be right man for the job. Of course its a risk, but every appointment is a risk. My personality is optimistic and risktaking (to an extent) even though it might not always work out.

Quite a few Spurs fans in my office – they really don’t rate Sherwood at all – they can’t really say what he has achieved or what he really does. Also think he is outspoken in an inappropriate way which perhaps lends itself to not being suitable to a manager and controlling players.

Email below I received on him……

To be honest he’s not even in the 1st team coaching staff so not really sure why he is being touted so much – he wanted the Director of Football role but don’t think Levy will give him that power –currently looking after the development and kids teams so he has gamble written all over him. Levy wouldn’t mind him to stay as they get on well but in all honestly is not too bothered about him leaving either unlike what is being reported in the press.

You may want to play down 'the last two years' taking into account duplicate accounts aren't allowed especially if you were banned

Tread carefully 'Tony'

Tom- This is Tony, I dont know who SydneyRover is so please do not claim me to be him! And neither have I ever been banned!

Cheers

Sas :D

He did a story in the Sun today which claimed that Rovers would strp up their efforts to get Sherwood by offering him a £2 million salary, plus a £1 million promotion bonus.

Just being pedantic as the online pieces were by Neil Custis

• Backroom

Tom- This is Tony, I dont know who SydneyRover is so please do not claim me to be him! And neither have I ever been banned!

Cheers

Sas :D

Apologies Sas wires crossed mate

When I said Tony I didn't mean yourself but an ex member called Tony Gales Mic who is rumoured to be back as SydneyRover

Confusing stuff eh!

So will there be a quick decision regarding Tim Sherwood accepting the mangers role, or will it be drawn out for a few weeks. For him then not to take up the offer when he really told everyone he wasn't interested a good two weeks or more ago.

Apologies Sas wires crossed mate

When I said Tony I didn't mean yourself but an ex member called Tony Gales Mic who is rumoured to be back as SydneyRover

Confusing stuff eh!

Hang on...so we have two members.

SydneyRover = Tony

Sydney Rover = Tony

Wow, that's confusing. Can the most recent SR not have a different name?!

For your first job, would you really want to be working for them clowns? I wouldn't.

I would. Not quick to sack you if you get things wrong, get to do your dream job and a huge contract. If they do sack you, you win the lottery.

If you wouldn't do that I'd go and see a doctor.

I would. Not quick to sack you if you get things wrong, get to do your dream job and a huge contract. If they do sack you, you win the lottery.

If you wouldn't do that I'd go and see a doctor.

Let me know how Steve Kean's job prospects are looking at the moment.

What if Venky's were to sack him after a year? No job prospects but you get a £x million payout.

Sherwood is still young in a managerial sense and the Rovers job is very high risk (in the sense promotion or bust), hence why he may not be interested. Only he know the reasons why.

Archived