BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

i reckon we should go for Karl Robinson if its between him n Sherwood. more experience than him. been at rovers as a coach before.

also hr needs to bring in his own coaching staff. he might keep Mimms and Bruskill as coaches cos he knows that. but he needs to improve the fitness side of the players. so new number 2(mick harford at mk dons) and a new fitness coach and new sport science director.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading between the lines on Soccer AM Hendry said:-

"I want the fans to like me again."

"Give Black the job".

"If you don't give Black the job then don't give it to Sherwood, Shearer or OGS"

He also got Helen to blow a kiss to some guy in Scotland and then said he'd get a free pint for that. A man that really doesn't know where his next pint is coming from!!

i reckon we should go for Karl Robinson if its between him n Sherwood. more experience than him. been at rovers as a coach before.

also hr needs to bring in his own coaching staff. he might keep Mimms and Bruskill as coaches cos he knows that. but he needs to improve the fitness side of the players. so new number 2(mick harford at mk dons) and a new fitness coach and new sport science director.

They use a passing 4-2-3-1 at MK Dons which Shebby would like. If they had a finisher like Jordan Rhodes last season they probably would have gone up through the play-offs at Huddersfield's expense.

Has he asked to borrow any money yet?

The man makes me sick, I only hope he's using some of his reported 4k a week to pay those people back, but I doubt it.

On the managerial role, striking similarities to when Allardyce was sacked, names names names, then they gave that idiot the job, the rest is history.

The man makes me sick, I only hope he's using some of his reported 4k a week to pay those people back, but I doubt it.

On the managerial role, striking similarities to when Allardyce was sacked, names names names, then they gave that idiot the job, the rest is history.

Like heck he is. Unfortunately I bet the owners have no idea about what he did to those poor people.

Other than his support for Black i thought he actually came across quite well(i say begrudgingly).

Glen Mullan just tweeted that he's just come off a 10 hour phone call.

Lets all quickly run over there and ask him what it was about!!!

Seriously, does every page in every thread have to have his f-in name all over it!

Like heck he is. Unfortunately I bet the owners have no idea about what he did to those poor people.

The owners are no better, I believe they still owe supporters money who travelled to Pune, they've not seen a penny of it have they :(

Cannot see it mentioned elsewhere but Colin Hendry is a guest on soccer am. I would of thought they will ask him about the manager situation

Suspicions are that hes been planted there to come out with some crap that we are all expected to digest.

After the Ince debacle your having a laugh.

i'm sick of hearing that we need to take time to get the right man. hurry up and get the right man in or we will be in freefall. a proper club would have had their targets lined up and shot at by now...

Exactly. 14 days to write up a short-list of candidates! it stinks of incompetence.

• Backroom

i'm sick of hearing that we need to take time to get the right man. hurry up and get the right man in or we will be in freefall. a proper club would have had their targets lined up and shot at by now...

I wouldn't be shooting the new manager, just the previous one ;)

+1

Loyal hard working folk lost / in fear of losing jobs at Ewood whilst Kean, Black, Brunskill & Hendry were probably earning the thick end of two million quid between them. Stinks, I'd bin the feckin remaining three of them.

IMO, has now become an ego and a joker - even if phone call correct, why the hell tweet unless content relevant and prepared to share.

Unfortunately, IMO, a risk that he could now do more harm than good to our club - we might learn more about that in Sunday People tomorrow as Nicko saying three tales (Black p1ssed-off issue ?).

IMO, his ego is now out of control - a joker. Unfortunately, IMO, a risk that he could now do more harm than good to our club.

I hear he gets 500 letters a day too!

Imo hes alright glen

IMO, his ego is now out of control - a joker. Unfortunately, IMO, a risk that he could now do more harm than good to our club.

Some people must be bored , really does everything I do need a commentary and a dig . Christ never known anything like it , grow up!!!

I can't tweet without it ending up as a discussion now , you want to discuss my Facebook status too ? Or what I'm having for tea .

Get a grip

It's going to drag on, and on, and on.........three things we need to look at to understand why:

When have the Raos made a decisive move or decision?

They have no one they trust with real knowledge of English football to advise them

There is no one at Ewood with the knowledge and experience to help the process

My feeling is we are still in the dithering phase whereby the family, once again, do not have the ability to make a decision. Note SS has talked of a manager who will play in the Raos style (eh??), the new Mourhino etc. These people are still working in la la land when it's clear to the footballing world we need an experienced man who knows how to bring a touch of steel and determination to the team - oh hang there's a problem in itself?

SS has said, quite rightly, promotion is essential this season. I'm worried experienced managers are looking at the squad and concluding we don't have the players to achieve promotion. The new man is basically looking at having to limp along till January before getting in a decent midfield and creating a storming second half to the season.

History shows the Raos will sanction signings on January 31st when we need a hit list to be signed on day one. The new manager will have the current squad for three months and a chance with new players for three and a half months.

Any employed manager will steer well clear and rightly so. Looked at in cold, hard light this is a poisoned chalice from day one. Ask yourself seriously if it's worth the chance? Bolton and Burnley will probably get new managers ahead of us.

All the bluster from Ewood tells me nothing has changed and is unlikely to. There's a 50/50 chance it will be Eric Black

When they sacked Sam and replaced him with the plonker that got us into this mess.

Started to get the gut feeling it is more like 90/10 in his favour, I am fully convinced had we beaten Wolves he would already be our manager. Just my own opinion of course.

Archived