BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

No I work 3 jobs as youth worker, tour guide and drama teacher on minimum wage and struggle to meet my 360 pound a week rent 78 pound a month council tax and 80 pound a month water bill debts plus gas and electric.

Difference is if things go wrong I am confident I won't have thousands of people chanting for me to leave my job, have death threats sent to myself and my family and am pretty sure if I was fired I could find another job.

So no I don't think it is easy money pal.

Oh and 37 pound a month mobile contract

£360 a week rent!, sounds like you're living beyond your means there matey, so you get very little sympathy from me.

(and don't even get me started on expensive mobile contracts, talk about unnecessary luxury items!!!)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£360 a week rent!, sounds like you're living beyond your means there matey, so you get very little sympathy from me.

(and don't even get me started on expensive mobile contracts, talk about unnecessary luxury items!!!)

That's the weekly rental price of a one bed flat in London where I live. Not even in the nice areas.

Crazy

Wauw...what has Garner been smoking??? Top 5 picks?

It's a stupid and very amateurish article. It doesn't seem to be his top five picks (Vialli scores 1/5).

It seem someone has given him five names and asked him to score. Very misleading!

If you had in your mind what he was like when he signed you'd be right but he was brilliant after we got promotion. He would switch the play on the break time after time. He had a good engine, could tackle and he scored some important goals. I preferred Dunn (when he first came through), Batty and Tugay but I can't think of any other better midfielders we've had in the last 25 years. What was wrong with him in your view (apart from that he was a bit of a tart...)?

I always thought Sherwood was a show pony. There are two types of players at this level. 1) The ones who can dominate their immediate opponents and get you on top in a game. 2) The ones who can dominate a game once group 1 have done the job. Which group would you put Sherwood in ? Give me the David Batty's anyday.

No I work 3 jobs as youth worker, tour guide and drama teacher on minimum wage and struggle to meet my 360 pound a week rent 78 pound a month council tax and 80 pound a month water bill debts plus gas and electric.

Difference is if things go wrong I am confident I won't have thousands of people chanting for me to leave my job, have death threats sent to myself and my family and am pretty sure if I was fired I could find another job.

So no I don't think it is easy money pal.

Oh and 37 pound a month mobile contract

But yet you'd rather do that than take a huge 1 year rolling contract with a £1m bonus should you be successful...

You're right these football managers have it tough! :D

How awful it must be walking round without a job for Steve Kean with all that money dragging him down to the ground. I can imagine him crying to his jobseekers mentor now.

I think you will be surprised that he will actually get employment at some stage when he lowers his sights.

Just one thing though, if Sherwood was unsuccessful he wouldn't get death threats would he? Actually, who did receive death threats?

Wauw...what has Garner been smoking??? Top 5 picks?

They can't be his top five picks, as someone else has said he scored Vialli 1 out of 5. Someone's just asked him over the phone what he thinks of those 5 managers.

Eric Black wouldn't be a pick of his and if you read what he says he isn't.

How long does Black expect to be here?

"We'll just have to see how it unfolds. I can't guarantee Dunny that he's going to play football every week. He may well, but I can't guarantee that and he wants to play football. As far as I'm concerned he's a player here and let's see what happens.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/blackburn-rovers/news/black-plans-to-keep-dunn_49630.html

Why not offer a reasonable salary for the remainder of the season with a whopping bonus if promotion is achieved?

£500,000 for the remainder of the season and a carrot of £3 million bonus if we reach the promised land. If we go up the contract ongoing needs to be factored in, 2, 3 years etc. If we fail to go up the contract is terminated and we look again.

If it ends up being an old school Rover who gets the job, what will become of Hendry? Would the likes of Shearer/Sherwood bin him off?

Oh feck it. Had enough. Will tune in next week.

Personally, I find international weekends boring. Does anyone really care how England do ?

Will tomorrow's papers be interesting - Nicko has hinted at a Rovers' story.

so unbelievably dull! not in the slightest bit interested about england, i used to go to every wembley game but cant get interested enough nowadays.

i think black will still be incharge for derby, which is going to ruin the preperation for the midweek game and the following weekend game if they put in the new manager during the week.

• Backroom

I'm going to get gunned down for this on here but I'd actually like Roy Keane. I think he'll bring some discipline and whip the team into good shape. He may not be everyone's preference but I think he's exactly what we need. *Puts tin hat on*

I'd love for you to come here and tell people you'd like Roy Keane to manage us :lol:

It's funny how we talk about Tim Sherwood as a Rovers legend. He definitely is. But all I remember from his time here was people grumbling from the terraces at him. "BLOODY HELL SHERWOOD!". I also remember the infamous V to the BBE.

I'm going to get gunned down for this on here but I'd actually like Roy Keane. I think he'll bring some discipline and whip the team into good shape. He may not be everyone's preference but I think he's exactly what we need. *Puts tin hat on*

For what its worth I think Shirley Sherwood is Groucho's pipe dream (or perhaps even wet dream).

Has any direct contact been made and is he even interested?

I've resigned myself that Shebby will be in the dugout at Derby and we'll have 6 Portugese players in the starting eleven.

I'd love for you to come here and tell people you'd like Roy Keane to manage us :lol:

I know yea....I have a mate who's an Ipswich fan who burst out laughing when I told him we were linked with him.

Yes he would install some discipline (and fall out with quite a few players along the way).......at the expense of tactics and man-management though.....is it really worth it? No.

And he sold Jordan Rhodes for basically nothing against the advice of all the other backroom staff.

I'd almost rather have Shearer.

I know yea....I have a mate who's an Ipswich fan who burst out laughing when I told him we were linked with him.

Yes he would install some discipline (and fall out with quite a few players along the way).......at the expense of tactics and man-management though.....is it really worth it? No.

And he sold Jordan Rhodes for basically nothing against the advice of all the other backroom staff.

I'd almost rather have Shearer.

What about his promotion with sunderland? Did I imagine that? Just the right character for us right in this moment .

Archived