Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND YOU POST SENSE EVERY TIME....stfu and put me on ignore .Your pathetic and get on peoples nerves,i may do but i dont care.

for haddock by the way.

According to your PM you want me to reply to all your posts, so here it is. See you back in the messages.

Rumours from Bolton fans that OGS to them is a "done deal".

Would be gutted if they got him.

That would be a bitter pill to swallow, OGS was in my opinion the stand out name from the early runners. When it was announced Bolton had potted Coyle I suspected they may do this.

PRESS ASSOCATION

HENDRY'S HAPPY AS A SUPPORT ACT

Colin Hendry insists he has no intention of putting himself forward for the vacant manager's post at Blackburn Rovers.

Blackburn.

Former Rovers centre-back Hendry was brought onto the club's coaching staff by now-departed boss Steve Kean in the summer.

The 46-year-old remains at Ewood Park working under caretaker boss Eric Black, who he feels would be ideally suited to the role on a permanent basis.

When asked by TalkSport if he was interested in becoming RoversVmanager, Hendry said: ``No, not at all. I'm very lucky in what I'm doing, being back at the club that I love. I've been out of the game for five years.

``When you are looking at candidates for this position I don't think you need to look any further than the man in charge at the moment, Eric Black. He's got all the boxes ticked, that's for sure.

``If it's a bit of experience that they need to go and look for I agree with that. I don't think it (should be) anything but an experienced man. But I'm enjoying working for the football club in my capacity at the moment.''

Oldham boss Paul Dickov has also brushed off reports marking him out as a surprise contender.

Reports claimed Dickov and former Rovers team-mate Garry Flitcroft had emerged as leading candidates as the npower Championship club's hierarchy prepares to draw up their shortlist.

Dickov, who is in his third season at the helm at Boundary Park, suggested the speculation might be a result of his presence at Rovers' Brockhall training complex yesterday for a reserve game between the two clubs.

However, he dismissed talk of a move to Ewood Park, claiming: ``That's the first I've heard of it.

``Maybe they've put two and two together and got five because I was at Brockhall yesterday, I don't know.''

Would be upset if OGS went to Bolton, but as we've said for the past 2 weeks, there are no guarantees. I can't help but think that Bolton (with their squad, Wheater, Davies etc) would be more suited to a 'direct/long ball' manager like McCarthy.

The problem with the current Rovers squad is that we have 0 muscle apart from Etuhu and maybe Best (when hes back from injury). Kazim looks like he's strong, but not seen enough of him, Rhodes/Gomes are slight forwards, Formica/Rochina/Pedersen are wet lettuces when it comes to challenges and Murphy doesnt put his foot in at all.

If OGS to Bolton confirmed, they will have made a fantastic appointment.

Just what the feck are Singh, Shaw & Agnew playing at.

Too much p1ssing about, time to either sh1t or get off the pot.

Really annoyed if we've lost out on OGS.

which fool suggested Ozzy Ardiles is in the running I thought the guy had retired must be someone having a laugh at our expense next we will see the go compare chap on the short list :rolleyes:

Hmmmm Ossie was a Rover don't forget. (well until he broke his leg against Plymouth after making a few lovely runs down our wing whilst on loan :) First ever Rovers game i watched that-down at Home park!

(N.B saying at bottom of my posts!)

Shortlist: Mourinho, Guardiola & David Moyes. See that didn't take long now did it....

Oh wait... you mean i might actually have to check to see if the people i want are willing to come here before then going back to the list of people that have applied and sifting through them and checking to see how many will want ludicrous wages and demand enormous transfers pots/wage funds before then talking to them all and finding just which applicant is most suited to the job given the current economic realities whilst being sufficiently well known to keep the fans off his back should we not win every game 10-0 from day 1 :wacko:

Now that might take a little bit longer :P

Caught-up with the BRFC & Twitter overrnight goings-on.

Just what a feckin mess.

Seemingly, we have a caretaker about to walk because he learnt he would not get the job (probably from Glen's posting on BRFCS yesterday following his group's meeting with Singh - words to the affect 'no one on the existing payroll will get the job').

We also learn from the Daily Telegraph that managers with the pedigree of Dickov and Flitcroft are under serious consideration.

Today, 13 days after Kean's departure, the club's senior management, none of whom, IMO, have covered themselves in glory or are fit for purpose, will attempt to draw-up a shortlist.

I honestly now believe that the only way forward for the club is for new owners who will quickly sweep away, IMO, all the clowns now involved with our club - management and supporters' "representatives" alike.

I don't think things could be much worse and I really, really fear for the club's future over the next 2 years.

Merc i've been posting it for weeks.This is another Pompey-losing money hand over fist its out of control and nobody looks remotely like getting a grip.Once it dawns on these nobs whats happening they will drop it like a stone and nobody could buy it with its running costs because they are long term contractual payments with no way out other than doing what Pompey did and asking players to leave.

Venkys ain't got the kind of money to chuck away at the rate its happening.Do the fecking sums folks ffs!!

Hendry is unlikely to not say nice things about Black considering he is working for him in essence

Why do we waste our time on cliche riddled articles?

I posted the story because I presumed members would like to read direct quotes from a member of the Rovers coaching team and a possible managerial contender instead of the usual uninformed speculation and comment on here.

Obviously I was wrong.

Guys please don't quote it. I have it on ignore for a reason.

With regards to the odds for Sherwood. Bookies largely work of rumours for these types of market. Wouldn't surprise me if they monitor places like this.

Archived