BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

The problem with BRAG has always been the same; whilst they mean well, the people in charge aren't intelligent enough to avoid press manipulation.

They really should keep their mouths shut.

perhaps its time, for you to follow your own advice.

Perhaps the real question is, what the Kean would batman do.?

if shebby was or is about to appoint an inexperienced manager and someone said, listen shebby, this isnt what the fans want, the general consensus is clearly in favour of an experienced manager, i wouldnt care if it was brag, al qaeda or a member of the avengers stating that.

The absurdity of the situation is that there are those at the club who seem to believe that the Action Group need to be consulted and their approval gained before a decision can be made.

why continue to post such nonsense, when its been stated numerous times, that brag are not advising the club.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

perhaps its time you follow your own advice.

That being keeping BRAG's mouth shut?

But BRAG haven't stated that have they? They have suggested that supporters are in uproar about Sherwood potentially being manager. This simply isn't true.

They either stick to the facts, or shut their mouths. If they wanted to be honest, they could have said "fans don't want McKinlay because he left our club on a sour note and is best friends with Kean." The fact that the vast majority of fans would be open to and support Shearer/ Sherwood/ Tugay and even bleedin' Salgado shows that it is very little to do with 'experience.'

Now jog on.

why are people so infatuated with bringing in a former player? Get over it. It doesnt make footballing sense to bring an ex player with little to no experience in. We need a manager who is proven and experienced in this division. Holloway or Mcarthy. Either of those 2 end of. Give them a 1 year rolling contract or simply a 1 year contract with a massive bonus if they get us up.

why continue to post such nonsense, when its been stated numerous times, that brag are not advising the club.

Then why do certain club officials feel the need to issue statesments to the fanbase via the Action Group website instead of the wider media? If the Action Group aren't being consulted then they wouldn't have objections to McKinlay, Sherwood or any other manager because they wouldn't know about the appointment in advance. They have said they have told Shebby they want an experienced manager but what about fans who might want to go down a different route? The fact is that the Action Group are only a faction of the fanbase and do not speak for all fans and yet the club, or some at the club, seem to have difficulty with this concept.

I've never seen a BRAG press release that hasn't made me think , if that was a work experience kid knocking them out I'd have to say you've tried hard but this isn't really the standard we're aiming for, you really have to brush up your skills. We was this and I were that. embarrassing

Exactly. Just don't mention the "i" word, however blatant.

why are people so infatuated with bringing in a former player? Get over it. It doesnt make footballing sense to bring an ex player with little to no experience in. We need a manager who is proven and experienced in this division. Holloway or Mcarthy. Either of those 2 end of. Give them a 1 year rolling contract or simply a 1 year contract with a massive bonus if they get us up.

Exactly, this is not the time to gamble on unknown ability. McCarthy or Holloway, probably McCarthy as he's available without compensation.

Most people who are reporters for papers and even the morons on Soccer Saturday said when Kean left and I think i quote Tony Cottee "It is important that the owners find the right man with some experience to get promotion back to the Premiwr League, someone the fans will get behind just as much as the players" not word for word but that's pretty much what he said

A lot of fans would like McCarthy but then others honk he is the wrong choice too

For me, it's about getting somebody in that most fans would be ok with. There are so many differences of opinion on a new man, so it's crucial that a middle of the road guy is appointed who has no previous link to anybody in the set-up. That way, at least the appointment will look genuine and not some underhanded dodgy deal.

Protests and relegation had zero impact on the owners.

Where are you reading this?

Shebby should look at Bolton and learn about how to go about recruiting your new manager.

They sacked Coyle 2 weeks ago and are now on the cusp of appointing his replacement (Dougie Freedman). They sacked Coyle and immediately the owner and Gartside sat down and decided which direction they wanted to go in terms of the replacement. They decided on the young and upcoming route. They identified OGS, Freedman and Poyet. The approached OGS, he was interested but not until the end of the Norwegian season, they didn’t want to risk that. So then they established that Freedman was interested, so they quickly get permission to “officially” talk to him and I fully expect them to appoint him soon, if for some reason they don’t get him they will move for their backup. This is how you appoint a manager, you have a clear and concise direction and you go out and get it done in a professional and timely manner.

Shebby should look at Bolton and learn about how to go about recruiting your new manager.

They sacked Coyle 2 weeks ago and are now on the cusp of appointing his replacement (Dougie Freedman). They sacked Coyle and immediately the owner and Gartside sat down and decided which direction they wanted to go in terms of the replacement. They decided on the young and upcoming route. They identified OGS, Freedman and Poyet. The approached OGS, he was interested but not until the end of the Norwegian season, they didn’t want to risk that. So then they established that Freedman was interested, so they quickly get permission to “officially” talk to him and I fully expect them to appoint him soon, if for some reason they don’t get him they will move for their backup. This is how you appoint a manager, you have a clear and concise direction and you go out and get it done in a professional and timely manner.

Clear, Consie and Direction are words that are never used together with the venkys

If McKinlay gets the job I can see a boycott, not by fans currently going to games but those who left at the end of last season/beginning of this season until major change had happened. The removal of Kean was the first step but I suspect for the vast majority of that 10k who didn't renew at the start of the season that they thought getting rid of Kean wasn't going to solve all the problems.

It's clear that the plan by Shebby is to appoint anyone who had ties to Rovers, that's why we have seen Sherwood, Shearer and Mckinlay listed as his targets. Why is this the case? Simple, he thinks that the man coming in would get bums on seats because they were a former player and that the fans would give the new manager plenty of time.

The major flaw in this thought process? Clearly none of the ex rovers out there are good enough or experienced enough to manage this club at this moment in time. Shearer? spent most of his time on the MOTD sofa since retiring and still is doing his coaching badges. Sherwood? Has been the no.3 or no.4 at Spurs for a few years, doesn't have any experience as an assistant or manager. McKinlay reserve/youth coach at Fulham then assistant manager for Northern Ireland, no managerial experience.

We keep getting told that it's promotion or bust for Rovers financially. Well if this is the case why aren't we going out there to get the best manager available, especially someone who has the experience of getting out of this tough league? It's on public record that Shebby said a lot of experienced managers with a decent pedigree have applied for the job, so why aren't they being targeted?

Shebby you need to forget this nonsense about the manager having to be a former Rover, if there isn't a quality candidate out there with that connection then you must simply move on. The fans will accept a decent manager no matter his background.

I've never seen a BRAG press release that hasn't made me think , if that was a work experience kid knocking them out I'd have to say you've tried hard but this isn't really the standard we're aiming for, you really have to brush up your skills. We was this and I were that. embarrassing

Couldn't agree more. It's mind-boggling that, amongst the "largest supporters group" they can't find someone that's capable of writing half-decent copy.

It wholly undermines their attempts to be taken seriously and inhibits their ability to create a voice for themselves.

It's as though the sole criteria for contributing to their group is proximity to Ewood. As an international fanbase, reaching out to those individuals who can genuinely help them in trying to strengthen their position as a credible voice of the fans would be a no-brainer and incredibly easy. Instead, they seem to furnish the positions in the group with people who just don't have the intuition or ability in their roles. It's amateurish. what makes it worse is that they are genuinely convinced that they're doing a great job.

Every time anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge of what's happening at Rovers speaks to me about it, they all comment on how moronic a portion of fans make the entire fanbase look. It's incredibly frustrating to be tarred with the same brush as people like that.

Whilst they mighn't care for how they're perceived, they should think about what they're doing to the club and fans when they send out a press release as shoddy as that with anything remotely Rovers-associated on it.

McCarthy will not accept a one-year contract. It sounds insulting to him ("hey, we'll give you one year to promote us and after you promote us it's farewell and you're out of a job again"). He probably wants a more secure job with at least 2 or 3 years in his contract. Otherwise he might as well go for Burnley who will offer him a better deal.

For me, it's about getting somebody in that most fans would be ok with. There are so many differences of opinion on a new man, so it's crucial that a middle of the road guy is appointed who has no previous link to anybody in the set-up. That way, at least the appointment will look genuine and not some underhanded dodgy deal.

Where are you reading this?

True I think most fans would get behind McCarthy if he came in as they would get behind a fair few managers. McKinlay could be the next Steve Clarke, who knows? It's just a massive risk and one we cannot afford to take.

It would be cruel to boycott the new managers first game though OR to boo him after all not his fault they have approached him. However I wouldn't buy a season ticket if we didn't get someone who at least got Ewood passionate in a positive way about the team.

If it is true Schuster and other well known names have applied then it is sinister to why they want to give the job too a novice. Be like a bus company interviewing drivers then giving the job to a guy who has only just got his licence instead of the guy who has had years of experience driving buses.

Just like it is sinister that we don't have a sponsor yet apparently their is a big list o potential sponsors.

That being keeping BRAG's mouth shut?

But BRAG haven't stated that have they? They have suggested that supporters are in uproar about Sherwood potentially being manager. This simply isn't true.

They either stick to the facts, or shut their mouths. If they wanted to be honest, they could have said "fans don't want McKinlay because he left our club on a sour note and is best friends with Kean." The fact that the vast majority of fans would be open to and support Shearer/ Sherwood/ Tugay and even bleedin' Salgado shows that it is very little to do with 'experience.'

Now jog on.

i dont jog, i actualy fly, does that make batman jealous.?

brag dont claim to represent you or your butthurt ego, they represent their members and are entitled to voice their opinion, just like little batman.

Nope that shows how goddamn desperate people are., if they were asked, would you prefer an experienced manager or an inexperienced one, the answer would be quite obvious. What people would be open to or accept, is an entirely different matter. I might be open to sushi, but i sure as hell prefer a juicy steak.

Could you Please provide a link or some sort of evidence, which can back up this statement "They have suggested that supporters are in uproar about Sherwood potentially being manager". As far as im aware, brag has never stated the fans are in uproar about sherwood, but they have mentioned they prefer an experienced manager

we´ve had 2 polls and 2 threads about this exact matter and both have shown, that the majority prefer experience and a proven track record. Eventhough it doesnt represent the entire fanbase, it certainly doesnt go side by side with your assumptions.

Your right, we have to becareful not to go down the route of Leeds in the 80's and 90's with all their ex-players from the Revie era becoming their manager. It took Howard Wilkinson to get a grip of the club.

Couldn't agree more. It's mind-boggling that, amongst the "largest supporters group" they can't find someone that's capable of writing half-decent copy.

It wholly undermines their attempts to be taken seriously and inhibits their ability to create a voice for themselves.

It's as though the sole criteria for contributing to their group is proximity to Ewood. As an international fanbase, reaching out to those individuals who can genuinely help them in trying to strengthen their position as a credible voice of the fans would be a no-brainer and incredibly easy. Instead, they seem to furnish the positions in the group with people who just don't have the intuition or ability in their roles. It's amateurish. what makes it worse is that they are genuinely convinced that they're doing a great job.

Every time anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge of what's happening at Rovers speaks to me about it, they all comment on how moronic a portion of fans make the entire fanbase look. It's incredibly frustrating to be tarred with the same brush as people like that.

Whilst they mighn't care for how they're perceived, they should think about what they're doing to the club and fans when they send out a press release as shoddy as that with anything remotely Rovers-associated on it.

That fact that The Action Group is the Largest supporters group, suggests that many of Blackburn fans do in fact take the group seriously.

It is all to easy to sit and criticise others who have made an effort, and to be honest makes you look slightly obsessive. Lets look at a statment or comment and find gramatical errors whilst our club is falling to pieces.

You make a good point regarding overseas supporters, strengthening the group it is a no brainer and quite easy, that is the reason we did this several months ago, and now have representation around the world.

And then you continue to go on and state the people with a knowledge of what is going on at Ewood speak to you, well please share this information with us all, as many Rovers fans are confused by it all. Maybe you could enlighten us all?

Could you Please provide a link or some sort of evidence, which can back up this statement "They have suggested that supporters are in uproar about Sherwood potentially being manager". As far as im aware, brag has never stated the fans are in uproar about sherwood, but they have mentioned they prefer an experienced manager

Enjoy

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/rovers-fans-threaten-boycott-over-mckinlay-8222069.html

i dont jog, i actualy fly, does that make batman jealous.?

brag dont claim to represent you or your butthurt ego, they represent their members and are entitled to voice their opinion, just like little batman.

Nope that shows how goddamn desperate people are., if they were asked, would you prefer an experienced manager or an inexperienced one, the answer would be quite obvious. What people would be open to or accept, is an entirely different matter. I might be open to sushi, but i sure as hell prefer a juicy steak.

we´ve had 2 polls and 2 threads about this exact matter and both have shown, that the majority prefer experience and a proven track record. Eventhough it doesnt represent the entire fanbase, it certainly doesnt go side by side with your assumptions.

Firstly, grow up.

Secondly, read the actual article we are all talking about...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/rovers-fans-threaten-boycott-over-mckinlay-8222069.html

The actual term was "meltdown."

I suggest you have a serious read back of any response you offer.

Archived