BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

McKinlay was his man for Wednesday that has now been shattered.

Picture the scene:

Its half time at Ewood on Wednesday night and the hapless Singh proudly announces the arrival of our new manager McKinlay.As they both walk out onto the pitch to a wall of shocked silence from the home crowd......

Tumbleweed blows into the B/burn End goal mouth.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current situation as I know it,

There is 4 list of manager, (yep looks confusing already)

There is the Shebby list, where he has plucked these names from god only knows? These are basically young coach's who he believes from his advisors and himself have the right profile to go onto greater things. This is the likes of Sherwood/McKinlay, Not the profile we are all hoping for and IMHO a gamble not worth taking after the last two years. He has seemed pretty focused on what he wants, and not really considered anything anyone has said to him regarding supporters feelings about the need to appoint a manager rather than another experimental coach

Then there is the applicant list- This list includes the likes of Schuster , Daum, Hill, Dickov, Keane , Flitcroft, ect , This list appears to be getting totally overlooked at present which makes a mockery of the early statement of we wont approach anyone, we will wait on applicants and speak to those.

Then there is the Shaw list- Which includes the likes of McCarthy, Grayson and generally managers with experience.

Finally there is the "IFS and BUTs List, This includes Managers who would like the job but not under Singh and not under the current set up, This includes Shearer, Salgado, Holloway.

At present only list 1 counts, although every man and his dog is trying to educate Singh that list 2, 3 and 4 all have good merits and better merits than list 1.

So this could go any way now, a pause is now taking place whilst Rovers re-assess todays fall out and supporters reaction, However as you can all see some managers will only come if certain people in the selection process disappear.

What happens next is anyones guess, but im seriously getting a headache with the whole thing

Was going to reply to this earlier, very informative post which adds a lot of meat on the bones of the rumours which have been doing the rounds. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe as we seem to have spent four weeks getting absolutely nowhere, perhaps it is time to rip up the lists and start again from scratch.

If money were absolutely no object you'd simply try and get the best manager available. So you'd start with Guardiola and if he says no you move down to the next best available Rednapp/Dalglish/Hoddle and Wilkins etc if they say no you move down to the next best Holloway/McCarthy/Curbishley and so on and so on.

People might disagree on who is the best candidate but you get the drift.

Then there is our approach. We are in the Championship and money presumably is an object to some degree so I can sort of see the logic of Shebby's approach in wanting someone who might be a massive success for years to come. However my approach would differ in that the best way to achieve that is to get the best possible hungry up and coming manager with a decent track record to date. Merely appointing a former player is no guarantee of success whatsoever.

Hence my preference for the likes of Di Canio and Solskjaer. If they couldn't be persuaded I guess that takes you down to the likes of Robinson/Grayson/Hill etc.

Just as a footnote, if the "applicant list" Glen mentions is correct I'd have filed it straight in the bin. Not much help there at all.

Oh and at this point can i say i do not hate Billy Mckinlay i hear he is good a good coach and i hope he goes on to have a good managerial career i'd even not be against him managing rovers one day after he has proved himself. However now is the wrong time for it.

The fact that McKeanly is anywhere near this job is mental. The fact that Kean was not only kept in a job, but given more and more lucrative terms, despite his record (games), his record (criminal), and his toxic behaviour is also mental. I'm staggered that more questions aren't being asked.

Seriously? Billy keaning Mckinlay? What's the climate like on your planet, Shebby? What's it like walking round with your head up your arse all day?

Then he accuses the fans (the only party involved who actually want what's best for the CLUB) of PERSECUTING ex players. I'm fuming.

I don't get it anymore. I literally cant understand what's going on at the club. It's gone beyond my comprehension.

What a set of chancers and bottom feeders we have running the show.

Glen just quoted the 4 manager lists, Shebby Singh is releasing statements on brag websites, clearly being consulted.

Who are we to say McKinlay wont be a success? We are fans who follow decisions of a club, not ultras who dictate club policy. Madness.

If he was taking notice of the fans he wouldn't be going after McKinley, he'd have signed Holloway by now as he's topped the poll on here and on the LT website.

Who are we to say McKinley won't be a success? I think those who say he won't be a success have more proof simply because the guy has never ever been tested and statistically more coaches haven't stepped up than have. And we shouldn't be taking that gamble right now with the club.

Would you remortgage your house for it?

They want Kean mk. II. That much is clear.

Venky's never learned their lesson to begin with. They never sacked one on merit, so why would they hire one on merit?

Sherwood & McKinlay fit the bill, because they're cheap and inexperienced. Shebby probably figures these two will bite his hand off for the chance to manage the club and the added bonuses that come with it. And in doing so, they'll make the perfect stooge for the jokers in charge. Strong-minded, old-school managers like McCarthy or Holloway simply don't fit the bill.

Venky's never learned their lesson to begin with. They never sacked one on merit, so why would they hire one on merit?

Sherwood & McKinlay fit the bill, because they're cheap and inexperienced. Shebby probably figures these two will bite his hand off for the chance to manage the club and the added bonuses that come with it. And in doing so, they'll make the perfect stooge for the jokers in charge. Strong-minded, old-school managers like McCarthy or Holloway simply don't fit the bill.

+100

They want the 'boy' who will jump to their tune.

+100

They want the 'boy' who will jump to their tune.

With names like McKinlay being banded about its easy for the fans to suspect that they want full control of the players in and out as opposed to any new managers views.

If it wasn't for the fact that I think Shebby is on a lucrative contract and would not be cheap to dispose of, I rather think he would soon be heading down Bolton Road, heading for the next flight out of Manchester.

Seems to me that just about everyone at the Club these days is in it for themselves and totally out of their depth. They will milk the Club for all its worth (that includes Kean even though he's gone) till there's no more milk left and then disappear back into the ignominy and anonymity from which they came.

The only element left from the "old days" will be the supporters who presumably will have to pick up the pieces. Going to be a long, hard road.

I've got to +100 that as well.

See, it's so obvious. We're all saying it. We need a proper manager in. Now isn't the time to gamble. McCarthy is that man, he'd take no crap and would demand to be left to run the club properly - with budgets in place of course. And that rules him, Holloway, proper experienced "football people" out.

If it wasn't for the fact that I think Shebby is on a lucrative contract and would not be cheap to dispose of, I rather think he would soon be heading down Bolton road, heading for the next flight out of Manchester.

Not sure i agree with that. I think Singh is the new Kean - untouchable. Except he can blame poor results on the coach beneath him. I'd say we all better pray Shebby Singh turns out to be an undiscovered football mastermind. Long shot eh.

• Backroom

Not sure if this has been posted but there's a new interview with Shebby on VItal Blackburn.

The scenario of having someone who has bitter sweet memories too has received flak. While the scenario of a wise old head which has received less venom somehow complicates things as the wise old heads are all taken or there are too few of them.

... what?

Sherwood cheap,don't think so.

I don't think any of us really thought that getting rid of Kean was going to solve all of our problems overnight but when he resigned at least things were looking up. It just seems that we are back to square one now and it's even more glaringly obvious that while Venky's remain in charge we are only headed one way.

With it taking so long to appoint a new manager it only leads me to think that Kean was going nowhere until he resigned and there was no plan in place of what to do next if he ever was sacked.

I'm getting to the point already where I don't really care now if our next manager is Mourinho or Myles Anderson, with these jokers in charge of the club it would barely make a difference. I don't know how we go about getting rid of the Venky's, seems an impossible task really but in my mind it's just reminded me that I now have 100% confidence in them continuing to turn our club into a complete laughing stock.

The safe bet is still on Black or Shebby as next manager as far as I can see.

Message to Venky's.

Bin Shebby, Shaw, Agnew, Black & Hendry tonight.

Pick-up the phone and get Tom Finn & Tony Parkes in Ewood & Brockhall respectively tomorrow and start again.

The supporters might then just give you one last chance.

If he was taking notice of the fans he wouldn't be going after McKinley, he'd have signed Holloway by now as he's topped the poll on here and on the LT website.

Who are we to say McKinley won't be a success? I think those who say he won't be a success have more proof simply because the guy has never ever been tested and statistically more coaches haven't stepped up than have. And we shouldn't be taking that gamble right now with the club.

Would you remortgage your house for it?

Far from it, I would not risk a tenner on it, but the issue is not getting into the pros and cons of each appointment. It's fan involvement in the decision making process.

As pointed out above, half the fans on here were prepared to accept Shearer/Sherwood, yet this message has clearly not been passed on to SS.

We should be nowhere near the process, Kamy was right when he said talk to football people.

Archived